General Thoughts: Science (1 Viewer)

JasonHili

HSC
for the theory i did evolution, and talked about early fetal life and how alot of animals looked similar, also the anatomical features like the organs and skeletal formation is similar

Nicko11

HSC
It's atom.
i thought the question said what is the smallest unit of an element? doesnt that mean that the electron is the smallest unit within the element, coz an element is an atom???

mirakon

nigga
HSC
i was just wondering, Would 'PH' reader be sufficent for the for something that measures something question?
I actually luckily had that exact same question in my trial and wrote ph indicator. I got the marks but the teacher crossed out the ph and simply wrote indicator as the correct answer.

Anyway, still put ph indicator in my school cert.

MzG1zi

HSC
Newton's Laws are laws, not theories. There's a big difference. Anyhow, I did the theory of evolution by natural selection, with the evidence being the pentadactyl limb.
yer, i was going to do the pentadactyl limb but went brain dead and forgot how to spell pentadactyl, so i did comparative embryology instead

FirzenExpert

HSC
Newton's Laws are laws, not theories. There's a big difference. Anyhow, I did the theory of evolution by natural selection, with the evidence being the pentadactyl limb.
NO WAYYY I DIDN"T KNOW THAT,
theories=made up based on reasoning(my opinion)
if thats teh case, aren't big bang theory and evolution theories justified?
justified= no longer theory????
therefore become law???
I wish to hear some comment thx

T K

HSC
i thought the question said what is the smallest unit of an element? doesnt that mean that the electron is the smallest unit within the element, coz an element is an atom???
It was a stupid question, but the answer is atom. An electron would be part of the atom, not the element (stupid, right?). The question should of been "what is the smallest, stable part of an element?".

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
can someone explain to me what the marking computers recognise and what not?, I spelt someting wrong and just proceeded to write it again in the same box. Do i lose marks or get it wrong.

msaint

HSC
decomposition?

a. required heat
b. produces carbon dioxide
d. the breaking down of compounds into two or more products

MzG1zi

HSC
an electron is the smallest unit within an atom, but it isnt a unit within an element

JasonHili

HSC
elements ca nme 1 or more of the same atom

heirware

HSC
A smallest unit of an element is an atom of that element (an element being defined by it's number of protons). An electron is the smallest unit present in the actual atom, but when you go down there to the subatomic level, you're no longer talking about elements.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
I actually luckily had that exact same question in my trial and wrote ph indicator. I got the marks but the teacher crossed out the ph and simply wrote indicator as the correct answer.

Anyway, still put ph indicator in my school cert.
Does that mean i got it wrong?, Will the computer recognise its partly correct (well if it is)

Cee.

HSC
For the theory part, I used Darwin's theory of evolution which was supported by the fossils... and meh.

Mudkip94

HSC
NO WAYYY I DIDN"T KNOW THAT,
theories=made up based on reasoning(my opinion)
if thats teh case, aren't big bang theory and evolution theories justified?
justified= no longer theory????
therefore become law???
I wish to hear some comment thx
Stuff like big bang, gravity and evolution are theories because there's no proof, just evidence that strongly supports it. Gravity however is accepted as the truth since there's nothing in the bible against it.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
For the theory part, I used Darwin's theory of evolution which was supported by the fossils... and meh.
Lol i did that too but my explanation was fail. I said birds from neighbouring islands had different shaped beaks depending on the food source xD. Obviously referring to the Finches from Galapagos(sp) Islands, just wasnt sure on the names.:spin:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)