General Thoughts: PDHPE (2 Viewers)

gaugau1

HSC
I had sports medicine also, and sport and physical activity in australia, that option was soo specific, whereas sports med 12 marker was merely based on climate, thought it would cover a larger extent of the option.
what did u talk about. i talked about increasing efffectivity of thermoregulation through clothing and hydration, aclimitisation, modifying warm up and cool down to the different climate and physicaly being fit

youmadbra

HSC
N/A
Sports med - 12 marker on climate... =_______=
Improving - 12 marker on technology ... =______=

dean94

HSC
Did anyone have any correct predictions???
The Ottawa Charter, but not in that style of question :/ I mean, I didn't even know whether I was supposed to address any of the initiatives lol.
Sports Medicine was great - 19-20/20 i hope. TOTAPS easy 5 marks, Soft tissue, gave a lot of examples and what they involved, and the 12 marker - Hot, Cold, Humid, Wind, Altitude: backed up with examples and interrelated with Radiation, Convection, Conduction and Evaporation. Drafting was the example for Wind, Hypoxia chamber for Altitude etc. etc. expanded a lot haha.

Hope everyone found SM as easy as I did! IP was a bitch only because I had 20 minutes to do it... People left early and I was dumbfounded

michaeljennings

HSC
The Ottawa Charter, but not in that style of question :/ I mean, I didn't even know whether I was supposed to address any of the initiatives lol.
Sports Medicine was great - 19-20/20 i hope. TOTAPS easy 5 marks, Soft tissue, gave a lot of examples and what they involved, and the 12 marker - Hot, Cold, Humid, Wind, Altitude: backed up with examples and interrelated with Radiation, Convection, Conduction and Evaporation. Drafting was the example for Wind, Hypoxia chamber for Altitude etc. etc. expanded a lot haha.

Hope everyone found SM as easy as I did! IP was a bitch only because I had 20 minutes to do it... People left early and I was dumbfounded
WOW!!! thats so detailed! whats your name so I can look you up on the state ranks list! Nice work man =)

justforart

HSC
N/A
WOAH!! 14 extra booklets!!! is acclimitisation correct for climate like altitude and that in sports med option?

deano1709

HSC
i dont know how people left so early after that exam :S
it was pretty easy, i was expecting harder
and how the eff did you all write extra booklets for the ottawa charter and cancer question?!? its quality over quantity!

kalibali

HSC
I also did the effects of thermoregulation and accliminisation, but apparently we had to only talk about the altitudes and pollution :/ thats why i was a bit concious that i bombed that question

electricckid

HSC
if someone could provide answers to the multiple choice that would be greatt :)

quangnguyen123

HSC
If i mixed subjective and objective performance measures up what do you think is the maximum i can get out of 8 marks? :S

gaugau1

HSC
I also did the effects of thermoregulation and accliminisation, but apparently we had to only talk about the altitudes and pollution :/ thats why i was a bit concious that i bombed that question
who said that ? i think we did fine cause the dot point on the syallbus went in to thermorgulation and acclimitisation there isn't much to talk about polution ( i still mentioned it ).

o_0

HSC

for climate you had to talk about temperature, humidity, wind, rain, altitude and pollution. all of them and methods to overcome them

E

Effekt

When people say they wrote 14 extra booklets i say that's a troll. For the climate one i talked about temp, wind, pollution, altitude with tennis related examples. I predicted there would be something on technology ;D

What did people write for technology? I talked about the LZR swimsuits and how they are not available to even hence it's an unfair advantage then i talked about the ethical issues of increasing technology i.e Is it the athlete performing or the technology.

For periodisation i talked about keeping up the fitness levels during off seasons so you don't need to start from scratch etc..

Last edited by a moderator:

jkli

HSC
N/A
the exam was alright, the choice of questions however were quite stupid. Some of the questions with a lot of marks were only a dotpoint of the syllabus (a dotpoint under a dotpoint) so there was a lot of bsssssss.

And just out of curiosity, what the most common options? sports med and improving performance? anyone do health of young people? :D

kalibali

HSC
ahhh lets hope lol, my p.e. teacher told me, but than again i dont think he knew that it was a 12 mark question. should be right though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)