General Thoughts: PDHPE (1 Viewer)

o_0

HSC
DR.ABCD is the primary assessment tool for injuries, however, TOTAPS is the secondary assessment tool, and the most commonly used in a sporting context :) That throws people abit.
I thought the marks allocated to the question were abit shit. For the options, there was so much you could write, but it was only worth 3 marks.
Overall, a fair test. It's what I expected, nothing that hard really.

ALSO; Anyone notice question 1 of the multiple choice ? they gave you the answer in the short response.
This is why you failed..

read the question; "describe the assessment procedure used to determine the nature and extent of a sports injury"

now TOTAPS is the primary one, drabcd and ricer are the secondary ones which you did not need to talk about

You just needed to elaborate on TOTAPS with lots of examples

shermy

HSC
where did you get DRABCD from didnt the question ask what are types of soft tissue injuries? not the management?
did you do the paper? 2nd part mate and dr.abcd wasn't needed

carmenleung1

HSC
For Climate I included (temperature regulation-hypothermia,hyperthermia, convection, conduction, evaporation, radiation. environmental considerations-rain,wind,humidity,pollution. Fluid intake, Acclimitisation)
Technology (Lactate threshold/Biomechanical analysis/Speedo LZR) <-- Talked about them creating unfair competition to those that cannot afford them... but seriously 12marks? What else could you have said that creates unfair competition? Lame.
Freaky how precisely the same our answers are haha

Groesz

HSC
N/A
for climate question in improving performance, r u sure u couldnt talk about how an athlete could take advantage of natural processes such as radiation, convection, conduction etc. through porous clothing for example? as well as climate stuff ofc

dean94

HSC
For Climate I included (temperature regulation-hypothermia,hyperthermia, convection, conduction, evaporation, radiation. environmental considerations-rain,wind,humidity,pollution. Fluid intake, Acclimitisation)
Technology (Lactate threshold/Biomechanical analysis/Speedo LZR) <-- Talked about them creating unfair competition to those that cannot afford them... but seriously 12marks? What else could you have said that creates unfair competition? Lame.
I did all that except my example was the modified golfball. The question was "To what extent" so you could put your own opinions into it, for example: i wrote about that when LZR swimsuits were introduced, a substancial amount of gold medals were won and world records were broken... this clearly indicates that technology overrides authentic athletic abilities, and justified everything i spoke about saying "With an increase of these technologies, winning will be defined by how much one athlete can afford, as opposed to pure talent in the sport and the third world countries who admirably compete in the Olympics are only beaten even further, enhancing the unfair playing field between competitors, and there will be a preconceived perception in regards to Countries' superiority with each other, and winning which can spiral into conflicts within the community. Money is more important than leisure." That kind of thing

Last edited:

coralie1994

HSC
For those who did health of young people... what did you guys write for the 5 & 12 marker? :)

dean94

HSC
for climate question in improving performance, r u sure u couldnt talk about how an athlete could take advantage of natural processes such as radiation, convection, conduction etc. through porous clothing for example? as well as climate stuff ofc
I wrote about that... clothing to reduce the environmental impacts definitely counts. Wet suits used in open-water swimming because heat is transferred (i think the term is conducted lol i couldn't remember) and layers of non-holed clothing to fight convection when cycling. I also linked that example with 'drafting' as a strategy by the athlete that allows the person infront of them to take the pressures of the wind to reduce pointless physical exertion.

Georgina168

HSC
Oh DAMN! For the climate question I mentioned the entire environmental dot point. Temperature, climate, guild lines for fluid intake and acclimatization. Will I get over 6 for it? I used relevant example for all of them and tied it back into climate.

dean94

HSC
ok so here are my answers. i usually struggle with mc so only expecting like 14-20 for that. but i usually go really well in written answers.
1b
2b
3C
4B
5D
6A
7A
8D
9C
10B
11C
12C
13D
14A
15B
16C
17D
18A
19D
20C
1b - correct
2b - it's C
3C - correct
4B - correct
5D - i did that too
6A - i did that too
7A - correct
8D - i did that too, but there was a lot of controversy in my year
9C - i did D
10B - correct
11C - correct
12C - correct
13D - i did that too
14A - correct
15B - correct
16C - correct
17D - i did that too
18A - it's B
19D - no idea :| (only one that stumped me)
20C - correct

coralie1994

HSC
I wrote about that... clothing to reduce the environmental impacts definitely counts. Wet suits used in open-water swimming because heat is transferred (i think the term is conducted lol i couldn't remember) and layers of non-holed clothing to fight convection when cycling. I also linked that example with 'drafting' as a strategy by the athlete that allows the person infront of them to take the pressures of the wind to reduce pointless physical exertion.
LOL I mentioned the wetsuit as well :)
and as for the acclimatization...doesnt it correlate with altitude, because athletes actually have to adapt to the demands of training in the high altitudes? :/

dean94

HSC
Oh DAMN! For the climate question I mentioned the entire environmental dot point. Temperature, climate, guild lines for fluid intake and acclimatization. Will I get over 6 for it? I used relevant example for all of them and tied it back into climate.
Reference to about 6 aspects with an example should get you 10+ no doubt

willstylz

HSC
Pretty good test tbh, you just really needed to know your syllabus well!

dean94

HSC
LOL I mentioned the wetsuit as well :)
and as for the acclimatization...doesnt it correlate with altitude, because athletes actually have to adapt to the demands of training in the high altitudes? :/
Haha it jumped into my mind and i was like "OH GOOD ONE!" Lol yeah, I talked about the hypoxia chamber which mimics the conditions of altitude 1500+m above sea level, and encourages the body to produce more haemoglobin for increased oxygen transport around the body. These strategies help to give the athlete an edge over the competition, or puts them on par with those who naturally train in high altitude conditions.

dean94

HSC
Pretty good test tbh, you just really needed to know your syllabus well!

Now we have about 10 days until FoodTech, lol what kind of mark are you hoping for and what is your current assessment average?

coralie1994

HSC
Haha it jumped into my mind and i was like "OH GOOD ONE!" Lol yeah, I talked about the hypoxia chamber which mimics the conditions of altitude 1500+m above sea level, and encourages the body to produce more haemoglobin for increased oxygen transport around the body. These strategies help to give the athlete an edge over the competition, or puts them on par with those who naturally train in high altitude conditions.
I wrote the bit highlighted in bold as well! :D lol

willstylz

HSC
Now we have about 10 days until FoodTech, lol what kind of mark are you hoping for and what is your current assessment average?
hoping for 90+
assessment is 91
Coming 2/25

wbu mannnn?

michaeljennings

HSC
Current assessment average for myself is 96% coming 1st but my school marks really really generously so im expecting low 90s

samlou94

HSC
dude wtf thats insane. u must get first in the state
dude.. 14 booklets definitely does NOT mean they're going to get first in state. they most likely just rambled on about crap that was irrelevent or they just take 1 page to write about something that could only take 2 sentences. As for people using up 4 pages for the ottawa charter question, the board of studies provides 1 page for your response because if you were a decent student, you would be able to write a decent response within that page. just saying...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)