General Thoughts: Music 1 (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
How did you find the exam? Share your thoughts here.

Jongnie

HSC
1RD
I personally enjoy'ed the music 1 exam... it was pretty relaxing compared to other exams .. i started tapping my feet and bobbing my head to the last song "One step too far", i enjoyed writing about it :D. I wrote so much that i had to write around the edges, had to name drop a few times cause i ran out of time.. The only piece i disliked cause ima ballady romantism piano player (ffx stuff) was the bass guitar piece with the electric violin (hoping i'm right) i wrote alot for it, but it was pretty harsh on my ears.
Overall felt like a relaxing session instead of an exam, was pretty nervous at first but when i walked out was i like "can we do that again ??"

minzoir

HSC
Yeah I agree, was a really good exam. No surprises and walked out of there feeling pretty confident. I was glad that there wasn't one of those questions where you had to contrast two versions of a piece (I don't mind them, but I find the simple repetition and variety ones better).

mudpies

HSC
Yeh it felt like that was the easiest music exam I've done in my life!

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Thought it was the easiest Aural exam I've done. I knew 3 of the 4 pieces though so I guess that was a bonus and I wrote more than I ever have.

Keplaffintech

HSC
Did anyone else get the tonic keys of the 4 pieces as: F major, C minor, B minor, E minor respectively. and that the warning bell was the note F4 ?

acemusic415

HSC
I thought it was pretty good. Destroyed my paper with diagrams. I drew up a table for a couple of concepts for the repetition and variety question.

sammckenzie93

HSC
N/A
i think i got around the 85-90 for that one.. got the same as you kepplaffin tech with the F major, C minor, B minor, E minor... but i didnt bother about the bell...

yours

HSC
aha I loved the last song!

How was the exam? Who cares! Music was such a wank.

Jongnie

HSC
Are they tough markers? How hard is it to get 26+/30?
easy markers, they try to give you mark and don't deduct for wrong answers, basically if you name dropped you won't be deducted, i hear they are very lenient markers and read every word / diagram

foreverlive

HSC
Did anyone else not use the script paper in the exam? Our teacher never really mentioned anything about it being available for use in the HSC.

acemusic415

HSC
easy markers, they try to give you mark and don't deduct for wrong answers, basically if you name dropped you won't be deducted, i hear they are very lenient markers and read every word / diagram
I think I had quite solid information but I don't know how accurate it may be - because everybody has different answers, I don't know whether there is the 'most' correct answer.

yours

HSC
Did anyone else not use the script paper in the exam? Our teacher never really mentioned anything about it being available for use in the HSC.
I didn't use it either. I had no idea we could until today in the exam when the lady said it was available! It's no big thing... 75% of the mark has already been decided anyway so this exam was pretty insignificant.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I didn't. I did a couple of bars indicative of pitch on the normal writing paper though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)