General Thoughts: Mathematics Extension 2 (1 Viewer)

friction

HSC
The exam wasnt hard but it wasnt as easy as earlier years. I made a few of the most stupid mistakes and they were on the first parts of questions so the rest of the questions were lost to me. But it wasnt to bad.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
kony said:
I'm just having a look at the paper. Why do everyone say it's hard?

Seems to me like there was no single very difficult question, like last year. Still, mostly textbook stuff.
it was strange and completely unexpected.
there's little to none harder 3 unit stuff or mechanics, which usually makes up the bulk of the harder questions in 4 unit...so i focused on those areas and subsequently suffered.

skimbo90

HSC
Sorry boys and girls but that was actually a pretty easy paper. Some of my friends at Ruse have only lost about 6marks in total and im not too far off the mark... However dont despair even about 65-70% is a solid mark in 4u...

skimbo90

HSC
laugh it up u-borat mate... just because u chose all the right subjects doesnt mean ull necessarily do well.. enjoy ur disappointment mate... by the way what school do u go to? or are u too ashamed to put it up?

skimbo90

HSC
and reading ur previous posts it looks like u focused too hard on harder 3u. Diddums. I hope you go get urself some nice tampons so u stop menstruating everywhere u little bitch. :)

Last edited:

duy.le

HSC
skimbo90 said:
and reading ur previous posts it looks like u focused too hard on harder 3u. Diddums. I hope you go get urself some nice tampons so u stop menstruating everywhere u little bitch. :)
dude we get the point, u>>>>>us. we know, god i hope the rest of the ruse kids arnt like u, they seemed nice b4 when i meet them, must of missed u.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
na this retard's another one of those trolls who proclaims that they go to shore.

lemonade61

HSC
Re: What did you think?

dude theres a topic called harder 3unit which by far in my opinion is hardest of all the 4unit topics

lemonade61

HSC

danishpm said:
hmm, im surprised so many people thought that this paper was so hard, apart from 8b and part of 6, i thought this paper was reasonably easy, and it could have been much worse....the people that are complaining about there being too much 3 unit stuff...what is wrong with you, u should be lucky since 3 unit is easier than 4 unit...
dude theres a topic called harder 3unit which by far in my opinion is hardest of all the 4unit topics

Deadlyned

HSC

Propadanda said:
I thought the test wasn't that hard...I mean there were the harder looking questions in there, but overall I actually thought it was quite easy (not that I'll be one of those people that gets like 110/120) I'm hoping for an 85/120+ raw mark.

The integration was pretty weird...that has to be the first time in the last 4-5 years where they haven't been like "Use u = xsin" etc. or where they tell you to use IBP. Going over past papers, the trend seemed to be that those were a given, but I guess not.

Q1-4 were great, question 1 was probably the worst out of those. Question 4 with the radius of the wheels and areas and stuff was sweet, and most of the conics were pretty straightforward. After that I went downhill though...didn't even try some of question 8 (the area of that weird shape thing) and part c of question 6 too. Hopefully I don't lose over 40 marks all up...I hope.

But yeah there's no way I thought that was the hardest paper since the 90's...wtf. The 2001 paper or whatever has like "Prove e is irrational" and all that shit. Question 8 in this was like SHM and differentiation, although I did run out of time to do that question.

But eh, if I get over 70% raw that would be pretty cool...unlikely though.

Even my maths teacher said afterwards that it was a fairly easy paper, so going on everyone's reactions I hope I go alright.

Maybe my expectations weren't as high as everyone else's though...ha. I just didn't get that feeling walking out of "Man I fucked that, I hope I pass" I was like "Yeah that was actually kinda ok".
Yeah Dan. In my mind I think I've really fucked up BAD! I went through Terry Lee's solutions to the exam and realised how shit I went. $5 says that you've killed me!!

ckprior

HSC
u-borat said:
it was strange and completely unexpected.
there's little to none harder 3 unit stuff or mechanics, which usually makes up the bulk of the harder questions in 4 unit...so i focused on those areas and subsequently suffered.
u-borat - wtf are you talking about, a third of the fucking paper was harder three unit, 41/120 in fact, which should have helped you nicely. and if you ever bothered to look at previous past papers there is rarely more than 6 marks for mechanics. poor exam preparation, sounds like ur going to suffer.

hayyleyy

HSC
skimbo90 said:
Sorry boys and girls but that was actually a pretty easy paper. Some of my friends at Ruse have only lost about 6marks in total and im not too far off the mark...
omg bloody selective school kid... get a life .... let us whinge about the disgusting paper without feeling too bad... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)