General Thoughts: English Paper 1 (AOS) (1 Viewer)

Freshjiver

HSC
yeah certainly wasn't an eeeeaaasy first year paper but i wouldn't call it overly challenging?

wrote 10 / 13 / 15.

my hopes for a band 6 in standard aren't totally extinguished but they are diminished a little.

did anyone else object to the statement at the end..? like, show that understanding shapes belonging, but also show that one's understanding can lead to not belonging..?

hope the markers lap that up if it was possible.

Meme2691

HSC
I thought it was a pretty decent exam. The essay question fit with my related text I was just a bit thrown back that it said ONE related text. But with English you never know how well you do because it always depends on what the marker thinks. So pumped that it's over.:spin:

smelnizzle

HSC
Uni Grad
do you rekon theyll only ask for one related history and memory text as well??
that thought did run through my head after today, cos my tutor said he was at some eng meeting and a bos lady was all "who says we have to have related texts for module c"

.. i'll actually be really happy if it's one text! i need all the time i can get

HSC
i thought it was pretty good.
the whole understanding thing was new to me, but quite easy to put in an essay.
I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealllly hope they only ask for one related text in the next one too

Lozzy_09

HSC
Really, really managable - a huge relief compare to what i expected!!

hecheeseman

HSC
wrote 6 8 10
happy with it but the stimulus for creative writing were too similar. i wish there had been more variety

laura.fig

HSC
It was pretty wonderful.
One supplementary text!? Unreal. It just meant we could go into detail so much more. None of that skimming the surface of texts.
The whole "understanding" aspect was a bit abstract considering what I'm sure most people were taught in class, but it was workable.
The marking breakup for Section 1 was really good- apparently it was a lot more fair.
Creative writing was splendid.
Loved the whole thing.
(As much as you can love an English exam, that is.)

Lukybear

HSC
Is the pages that you write double sided, i.e. if 10 pages was written, only 5 pieces of paper wa used? Or is it like each piece of paper counts as 1 page?

jessica.anne

HSC
N/A
Is the pages that you write double sided, i.e. if 10 pages was written, only 5 pieces of paper wa used? Or is it like each piece of paper counts as 1 page?
Only one side of the paper is lined, so 10 pages = 10 pages. But they're fatter lines than normal lined paper, so this is debatable...

kenshinx77

HSC
fitted my essay and story... questionable effort though on the first section

boxhunter91

HSC
We are all doubting ourselves for section 1 haha. Maybe we all done crap.

Vittorio15

HSC
I thought that exam was sooo well written plain and simple ..... I stressed for no reason at all:spin:

Blaz-357

HSC
Yeer i didnt think the exam this year was too hard but i didnt think it was easy either...so it was semi-hard, semi-easy ^_^
I wrote like 5 pages for S1
4 for S2
and like 5 and abit for S3
from reading everyone's post im getting a feeling i didnt write enough for the S2 or S3 ...freaking out abit...but im happy with a 11-12/15 for all three sections! Btw good luck with all ur other exams every1!

elliegrace

HSC
that thought did run through my head after today, cos my tutor said he was at some eng meeting and a bos lady was all "who says we have to have related texts for module c"

.. i'll actually be really happy if it's one text! i need all the time i can get
NO i want two related..its way easier

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)