General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

Verify

HSC
What were the Frankenrunner and Hamlet questions?
Frankenrunner: The desire for individual recognition is an idea which connects Frankenstein and Bladerunner. How do these texts from different contexts reflect changing perspectives on this idea?

Hamlet:

Gave us an extract from what Hamlet says when he sees Claudius praying.

In your view, how does Shakespeare's portrayal of the complex nature of revenge contribute to the enduring values of Hamlet? In your response, make detailed reference to the extract from Hamlet and the play as a whole.

acronical

HSC
Gwaklinerina there is no possible way you can already know your raw mark and internal mark at this stage at all. You have no idea what they are in this case. Just move on to your other exams and wait for your HSC results at this stage.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not sure. I've never been told by my teachers what mark equates to a state rank, so I've always assumed 105/105 is the only way to get one hahahaha.

I mean surely there'd be enough people capable enough of 105/105 right? Unless they mark harshly? Idk man.
Wouldn't be that many people on 105/105 I think

HSC
Wow what the hell I was also planning on studying for bio.

are you in my brain?!
Yes, im trapped, please send help :uhoh:

i've pretty much got everything covered for bio - i know the syllabus well.
I know it fairly well, just going to hammer all the small details in and look at the experiments because I have done almost no experiments :S

Extention eng left to go
^^^ At least english extension is generally less threatening, I'd take 1 essay and 1 creative writing any day over paper 2 for english

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Well, yes. But one of the reasons it's so difficult to is because the HSC marks much more harshly than schools, and it's very subjective, with a wide margin of error before it goes to a third marker. So it's less about being exemplary at English, and more about being lucky on the day, getting good markers, and not screwing up in any one thing. It's a balancing act more than anything :)
Our school tends to marker harder...

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't define power? Argh now I'm stressed. My thesis was that power can imbue persuasion upon one perspective at a single point in time but eventually the truthful perspective will always triumph. I just assumed power mean power and truth meant truth?! I take back what I said about mod c being okay now!
I think your interpretion sounds good though...

acronical

HSC
Well there isn't anything you can do and I guess just wait for results.

blast92

Aim: 85+
HSC
For whoever does Smithsonian 9/11, for Mod C that was the worst possible question that could have been given.

Verify

HSC
I interpreted power as the composer having the ability to dictate the way a certain point in history is presented.... whether it be through sympathetic means or whatnot. oh shit have I done it wrong haha

acidsushi

HSC
Module A (EBB+Gatsby) - eh
Module B (Speeches) - rekt
Module C (Caesar) - lol gg

Simile

HSC
N/A
What did envy one talk about the power and truths for the justice game?

BiasedBuffalo

HSC
For the Justice Game, I interpreted "power" to be literal power in the cases he presents - eg that of the archaic legal system etc. I focused on The Trials of Oz and Michael X.

I know some people interpreted it differently, saying that Robertson himself has power in revealing the truth. I didn't interpret the question that way based on the "at a given time" phrase:

"The perspective that prevails at a given time is a function of power rather than truth"

Perhaps I did it wrong. I did talk about the representation choices Robertson makes so hopefully I don't get rekt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)