General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (1 Viewer)

nat2609

HSC
I fully agree with you for Frankenstein/Blade! What a strange question, linking the desire for individual recognition with context AND changing perspectives?! Really had to think fast and try to link some ideas together. I think that was one of the most complex questions given in years.

nat2609

HSC
Mod A - Frankenstein/BR was awful in my opinion, definitely my worst because I didn't feel like I fully understood the question? A mess of an essay but it's too late now
Mod B - Gwen Harwood question was pretty good, the complex nature of life's journeys? Perfect fit with Father and Child and I picked At Mornington as my second poem, what did everyone else pick as their second?
Mod C - Julius Caesar was okay, power over truth is relatable to conflicting perspectives

emilios

HSC
LEL just realised I hardly addressed the "changing perspectives" part of the Frankenblade essay.

I delved more into how the same idea changes with context i.e. my sentences would be like "while Victor seeks a scientific pursuit for "unlock the secrets of nature", Blade Runner appropriates the modern context of globalisation to portray Tyrrell as a narcissistic individual who seeks commercial recognition in a "laissez-faire" corporate environment; "commerce is our goal here at Tyrell".

so it mostly just boiled down to me saying FR / BR are connected through their similar commentary albeit within different contexts...

GOD DAMMIT CHANGING PERSPECTIVES this is mod A not mod C!!

will I still be able to scrape a 16/20 even though i basically never said "changing perspectives" but made some implications towards it :( i reckon my exploration of individual recognition was well done though

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
LEL just realised I hardly addressed the "changing perspectives" part of the Frankenblade essay.

I delved more into how the same idea changes with context i.e. my sentences would be like "while Victor seeks a scientific pursuit for "unlock the secrets of nature", Blade Runner appropriates the modern context of globalisation to portray Tyrrell as a narcissistic individual who seeks commercial recognition in a "laissez-faire" corporate environment; "commerce is our goal here at Tyrell".

so it mostly just boiled down to me saying FR / BR are connected through their similar commentary albeit within different contexts...

will I still be able to scrape a 16/20 even though i basically never said "changing perspectives" but made some implications towards it :( i reckon my exploration of individual recognition was well done though
Me too :( I said it like once in my intro and never again

STEFAN1000

HSC
Why do so many people on BOS write pre-prepared essays? Hadn't you realised by now that every question, every year is going to be different, regardless of it's ideas, techniques or understanding based. Fair enough if you break-down questions for practice and implement your knowledge through that, but personally i think the whole "Mould your essay" tactic is something particular to your top 5-10 students in every decent ranked High School.

Unless you're from James Ruse/Sydney Boys then i'll probably be working for you in a few years so i'll shut my mouth.

IR

HSC
Mod A was the one I think I did relatively well in. Although a bit slacked off in conclusion and last paragraph.

Machiavelli1

HSC

I think you should be fine tbh especially if you demonstrated it and its implicitly explicit (LOL).

Simile

HSC
N/A
Sorry, just wanna get over paranoia, did anyone used techniques just for the extract?

Simile

HSC
N/A
Yeah, true,but I was going one of my exams. I had to use a film extract for F/R. I Did not use techniques , just provided explanation I'm relation to the question, and I ended up getting 13/15. So I was just wondering..yeah.

Erique

Writ in water
HSC
I know I'm like really late (I only just discovered the wonder of these general thoughts threads) but I wonder if anyone could confirm the validity of these ideas?

A (Frankenstein/Blade Runner) - Scientific/intellectual recognition (virtually ambition); emotional recognition (creature's desire for empathy + subsequently antagonising environment etc)
B (Hamlet) - These ideas are a little bit embarrassing but: revenge obscures the pursuit of truth, brings an inherently deceptive world into consideration because revenge is not as simple as demand/execution, moved into the morality + the psychological struggle incurred by revenge, namely existential doubts, the value of life, and then I moved into revenge as a pervasive agent that shapes Hamlet's revenge/antagonism towards the play's women.
C (History and Memory, Smithsonian) - First paragraph dealt with the power invested in responders as the emotions evoked from representation empower them to resonate and thus preserve the history in the human consciousness (BS about collective memory), second paragraph dealt with the power of curators to manipulate/omit representation, channeling a greater 'power' of ideology in shaping what should be remembered/forgotten, and my third paragraph on my related text I wrote about the new power that time progressively brings and we see ourselves in 'better' positions to manipulate history/memory (this was more of a personal memory thing) :. version of events functions from the power of time/competing phases of history.

Even the outline.

I know I'm obsessive.

It's almost the end of the HSC, put me out of my misery, give me some closure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)