General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (Modules) (1 Viewer)

alice09

HSC
Section 2 - Hamlet....fuck!!!!!! Such a painful question, I talked about the loyalty of Hamlet to his father, and how this loyalty was integral to the development of the themes of melancholy and indecision. I probably stretched it too much and did shit in this one, others who did Hamlet should tell me if this is a valid way to intepret the question (y).
I did Hamlet and i totally agree, the Q was a real nastie, but my answer sounds pretty similar 2 yours and my teacher said it wasn't 2 tenuous so hopefully we're on the right track :)

jassono

HSC
That was such an easy exam, far they couldnt have been any more generic

I miss English already-luckily I have extension in a week, whew

No sarcasm really, english is the best

askrach

HSC
eaaasssy
I was freaking out they would ask for a conversation with Hammy and about women in frankie/BR
phew!

HSC
Section II, Idealism had nothing to do with Orwell's essays.
Other than that, easy paper.

Mc Fadge

HSC
History & Memory > Texts in Time > Hamlet I hated the Hamlet question.

astha6

HSC
ah it was definitely easier than paper 1! (considering i didn't bother to read the ONE related text thing for the belongay essay) module A- [Frankenstein & Bladerunner] i liked the question, nothing too tricky, for disruption i wrote about the destruction of nature because of modern advancement and for identity i wrote about the pursuit of ambition and devoid of relationships etc. module B- [Yeats' Poetry] 'desires' ?? that was tricky, but i was talking to my teacher after who said it can apply to most themes in yeats' poetry, neverthless i just wrote out what i knew and stuck in 'desire' wherever i could module C- [The Justice Game] most people have no idea what the hell my prescribed text is, if anybody else did Geoffrey Robertson, how did you find the question?? i thought it was arite, i wasnt too sure whether the 'provocative insights' discussed where within the text or within the NATURE of conflicting perspectives :S but anyway, i ran outta time SHIT. i did 2 related texts but my 2nd one was unfinished with a pretty hasty conclusion, but a still a conclusion so phew YEAH DONE WITH ADVANCED WOO. time for ext1 mother effff

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
My only problem was not having enough time. 2 hours is unnecessarily short for 3 good long answers. What would be so bad having at least an hour for each? Imo it would be more reflective of a student's ability. Your handwriting speed should not be such a big factor. Also good that there weren't any weird forms. I would have taken even longer. I only did one related text when it said at least one for conflicting perspectives and only wrote like 4 pages. THat is my favourite topic too dammit. Anyone do Hamlet?Do you know if we were supposed to talk about the way it was recieved in different contexts? over time eg films etc. Or just about the original play? We were taught that we always had to talk about the play in different contexts so I did but I didn't see it in the rubric :/

fleece91

HSC
I thought the paper was... um fair... although with one exception... what the hell was with the Blade Runner and Frankenstein essay question... like What the hell?!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously?!!! that was the bodgiest question ever!~

fleece91

HSC
My only problem was not having enough time. 2 hours is unnecessarily short for 3 good long answers. What would be so bad having at least an hour for each? Imo it would be more reflective of a student's ability. Your handwriting speed should not be such a big factor. Also good that there weren't any weird forms. I would have taken even longer. I only did one related text when it said at least one for conflicting perspectives and only wrote like 4 pages. THat is my favourite topic too dammit. Anyone do Hamlet?Do you know if we were supposed to talk about the way it was recieved in different contexts? over time eg films etc. Or just about the original play? We were taught that we always had to talk about the play in different contexts so I did but I didn't see it in the rubric :/
Yeah... I only really spoke on its actual context...the elizabethan and the rest was my own point of view... i spoke alot on duty and remembrance and how important that is to loyalty... i also talked about the chaos and how hamlet had to be loyal to his country and restore order... and yeah... i spoke on how each character that was corrupt and used deceit was killed off... so their lack of loyalty killed em... yeah thats bout it =] dont stress... its not the end of the world just an exam...its not the be all and end all.

cat_crazy

HSC
Does anyone remember the question they asked for Hamlet? All I remember is that it was about loyalty.
something like 'discuss how the study of human nature in Shakespeare's 'Hamlet' shows the importance of loyalty'.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Yeah... I only really spoke on its actual context...the elizabethan and the rest was my own point of view... i spoke alot on duty and remembrance and how important that is to loyalty... i also talked about the chaos and how hamlet had to be loyal to his country and restore order... and yeah... i spoke on how each character that was corrupt and used deceit was killed off... so their lack of loyalty killed em... yeah thats bout it =] dont stress... its not the end of the world just an exam...its not the be all and end all.
damn I bet I did it wrong. I'm gonna blame my teachr.yep.thanks tho.your's sounds really good.

sam.lane

HSC
I also think we should have an hour for each essay.
I can write well, but I write slowly, so I always end up leaving things out.
I cut myself short for Conflicting Perspectives too and Justice Game is my favourite.
Not good for business.
Ahh well.
It was still okay.

alisondance

HSC
mmm i was a bit all over the place particularly as they focused on concepts i hadnt really looked into like disruption...slessor i didnt have enough to go on two texts so used three hope that ok! caesar felt relatively ok with but nothing amazing. Kinda feel a bit disappointed with myself but what can you do now i suppose! got a lot of my points quotes and techniques down. I wrote all 3 as essays kind of thinking i shouldnt have to be 'outside the box' but then how far is too far! haha

kinda spewing i didnt do extension 1 and 2 heard what the do to your UAI is amazing! our school didnt offer it though or even tell me that in yr11!!! never mind i got into my uni course but i still want to be happy with myself with the result i can achieve i would be a bit disappointed with a 75 and happy with an 80 anything more would be AMAZING! would love a band 6 for english of course but looking at a band 4 or 5 id say. i try though that's all i can ask of myself.

Ahmadzz

HSC
I thought the paper was... um fair... although with one exception... what the hell was with the Blade Runner and Frankenstein essay question... like What the hell?!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously?!!! that was the bodgiest question ever!~
Yeahhh man.. it was just stupid as we had absolutely no idea about how the f disruption and identity are implemented :S!! but newayz i think i did that part best as i reconstructed the essay n i had good knowledge on the texts, but even then it was tricky. I bombed module B, stupid stupid Yeats.. i didnt add as much techniques n stuff as i could but LUCKILY the ques was on his human experiences so im sure i thoroughly answered it well. Soo yeah that mightve saved me a bit.Module A: 10.5 pages, Module B: 8 pages, Module C: 8.5 pages :)..No more english bs ftw!! Maths here i come XD

boredusb

HSC
Yeah, same. I don't think I really mentioned anything about identity in my essay.. >_<
yes we did, alice is trying to find her identity in a 'catastrophic world' u can even quote 'literature helps us put the twos and twos of life together' weldon was saying that we can find or identities by reading about other times

alisondance

HSC
OMG!! i am soooo with your there! i was like..whhhaaattt? we'd never focused on disruption never even touched on it! i said it came into the context like social classes and gender roles, science stuff and blah blah blah possibly hugely wrong but i was like wt?! identities i did the monster not having a name and being deformed replicant the opposit blah blah blah

even in the right direction!!?? haha nothing i can do bout it now!
asked my sister (she did her HSC awhile back) why you dont get your papers back she says 1 wayy to many 2 youd just kick yourself and not be able to do anything about it anyway haha! just a bummer id love my creative writing back!

daniieee

HSC
My only problem was not having enough time. 2 hours is unnecessarily short for 3 good long answers. What would be so bad having at least an hour for each? Imo it would be more reflective of a student's ability. Your handwriting speed should not be such a big factor...
+1 Although it's a good thing that my hand doesn't get tired writing 3 hours straight. Thus 2 hours was ok. A bit more time wouldn't kill though lol.
Lolol yeah it was a weird question. I was glad that I could work with it though. Exam nerves = quick thinking! That's what I spend my reading time on.

tonyharrison

HSC
Yeah that "disruption and identity"I personally talked about the disruption of the natural order (artificial creation of life, scientific advancement etc.)And the questioning of identity in terms of humanity.Anyone else do something similar?

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
+1 Although it's a good thing that my hand doesn't get tired writing 3 hours straight. Thus 2 hours was ok. A bit more time wouldn't kill though lol. Lolol yeah it was a weird question. I was glad that I could work with it though. Exam nerves = quick thinking! That's what I spend my reading time on.
3 hours means you could write slower and write better not necessarily write more. Quality not quantity gets the marks. Snot fair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)