General Thoughts: English Advanced Paper 2 (Modules) (1 Viewer)

mckensara

HSC
ahh yeah, I write about 10 per line. I admit I'd probably shit myself if I saw the person in front of me going onto second booklets for everything
yeah i could feel people freaking out
i just checked my writing, i write 6 words per line so its the same amount of words as you guys :)

i plan for 1300 in 40 minutes

The Land Of Procrastinating.. Which is in the same
HSC
It was a lot easier than I imagined it to be.. But in saying that I still found it not really easy.. Mainly because I didn't study as much as I should have. I don't know how, but I somehow got the idea in my head that the exam went for three hours.. So I spent an hour on Question one with EBB and Gatsby, then the lady was like "You have one hour remaining" and then I was like.. Whoa! I just spent two hours on Gatsby?? I didn't even realise till I got out of the exam that it was only two lol. Ok, Question 2 was horrible, I did critical study of speeches- WTF! I had no idea what my interpretation was.. how can you interpret speeches!? For Question 1, I wrote one full book.. Question two 5 pages and Question three 6 pages.. I don't think I answered the questions directly, but there's nothing I can do about it now. NO MORE ENGLISH EVERRRRRRRR! ! ! ! !

atal.love

HSC
yeah i agree.. but worried about module a.. richard.. :(

8 - 8 - 7
how big is all your writing?? wtf?
massive writing,
i average about 4 works per line.
seriously, i re-read my Mod C before it was taken from me
and one line had only: "perceptions of this notion"

hosay

HSC
N/A
with hamlet, although i knew that it was open ended, asking you for your interpretation, i felt that it was needed to mention loyalty, so i argued:
* that disloyalty is shown not through human experience but through the corruption in Denmark( Claudius' disloyal actions)
* death is another common theme in hamlet, and my interpretation is death is 'loyal' to its cause as it is the only force that seems to resolve the issue in the play, where any human fails to remain loyal to their cause.
the essay i prepared for at home was a general corruption and death, two common themes essay so it was the best i could do.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
yeah i could feel people freaking out
i just checked my writing, i write 6 words per line so its the same amount of words as you guys :)

i plan for 1300 in 40 minutes
WOAH how big is your writing?

..I write average like 9 words per line, so even getting to a second booklet was some kind of strange miracle (hooray for Cloudstreet)

jules.09

HSC
Ah, my writing is 10 words per line usually.. so I would've written around 1100 - 1400 for all my essays. I think. I hope.

mckensara

HSC
WOAH how big is your writing?

..I write average like 9 words per line, so even getting to a second booklet was some kind of strange miracle (hooray for Cloudstreet)
i would say its slightly bigger than average
i wrote about 1300 words though for each module
maybe a little more for Hamlet
so its just the size of my writing lol :)

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Ah, my writing is 10 words per line usually.. so I would've written around 1100 - 1400 for all my essays. I think. I hope.
how many pages did you write for 10 words a page...just curious, want to know if I was on average..

akim93

HSC
loved the module B questionmy speeches fitted in perfect..but i only wrote 6 pages TT
The pearson and bandler was the perfect speech for this question..haha

Last edited:

absorber

HSC
Loved the double bluff with one related text for mod C. Though this time it said 'at least', heheh.
No alternative text types LOL. But the questions were hard...

jules.09

HSC
how many pages did you write for 10 words a page...just curious, want to know if I was on average..
Uhmm, yes it's roughly 9-10 (it felt normal). I wrote 6.5, 5.5 and 6.5 pages today. However, I'm starting to get paranoid I missed out on some main arguments I should've liked to include. *fingers crossed*

BeRad

HSC
Eh it was alright. We had two birds stuck in our hall for the first hour and the BOS people said something about putting in an appeal for it. Module B-Slessor and C-Shakespeare were really good. Module A-Frankentstein Blade Runner was alright but I don't think my argument flowed well. I got out 7-7-7

tanna

HSC
Loved the exam. 100000000000000 x better than trial essays haha. And wrote more than I ever had :)

ashleighjade

HSC
Did okay? Filled almost a whole booklet on Hamlet, awesome question - totally suited my thesis/interpretation so yay, devo'ed that I didn't get to a second booklet but, meh. Can't win 'em all.Bladerunner and Frankenstein were, meh, I was pretty much WTF SHITTTTT! when I read it, but I went back over it after Hamlet and... I hope I adequately covered it. Disruption and Identity... =\Epic epic epic EPIC FAILED mod c. Forgot exam finish time was 11.30am, left myself approx 20 minutes for it in the end! Had to drop the second text (wahhhh) and only got 3 pages... =( I average about 10 words a line so it was only like 1000 words... (My teacher told me, afterwards bastard, that if you run out of time you write dot points and explain that 2 hour exams are shit... =P Not in those words, but, yeah...)Averaged 7, 8... and 3... Over all, not bad...? MOD CCCCCCCCCC... =( Hopefully, they'll just... lost it or something... and I can just... do it again? =O Lol!Pretty sure I was so torn between laughing and crying afterwards that my English told me I that I looked like I was in shock. I pretty much still am...NO MORE ENGLISH!! ............... NO MORE HAMLETTTTTTTTTTTTTT!! (I don't know what to be more excited about, lol)

Stephie-Rae

HSC
I was happy with the paper, a lot easier than i was expecting. Loved the Hamlet question, i thought the Frankenstein and Blade Runner one was good too, i wrote about a booklet and a half for each of those, massively ran out of time for History and Memory though due to barely being able to get anything written in the first 15 minutes of the exam thanks to nerves and stress. But overall i was pretty happy, did a lot better than i thought i would. I am just so incredibly happy that i never have to write an english essay again in my life =D

elliotkool

HSC
Considering how much I stressed about Paper two, I'm pretty much thrilled with how I went. I aced Bladerunner and Frankenstein (touch wood) and I think I covered a fair bit with 50th Gate. Only thing that will met me down is Hamlet - the question was a bit, although I still managed 6 pages.
yeah..i stressed a fair bit about the paper as well i thought because paper 1 was pretty easy they'd kill us in paper two when i read my questions im like YESSSSSSS haha hope everyone went well =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)