General Thoughts: Chemistry (1 Viewer)

zhuang281

HSC
Re: Chem How HARD!!

That industrial chem question about liquid X. I said Copper Sulfate lost its blue colour upon dehydrating, is this actually correct? Ive had a few people told me the blue colour darkens..which i highly doubt.

K

khorne

That industrial chem question about liquid X. I said Copper Sulfate lost its blue colour upon dehydrating, is this actually correct? Ive had a few people told me the blue colour darkens..which i highly doubt.
Yes, this is correct

micro-chips

HSC
N/A

Hey...i think it was a moderately ok test...there some simple, straightforward questions as well as a few tricky ones.
Overall, i think i'll get around 75ish...do you guys think that's band 6 material???
Cheers.

ball00n

HSC

sorry for asking this but what is the entire paper out of? is out of 100? - so multiple choice 20, section I 50?? ehh i never counted. The test was so so difficult, I feel depressed

SleepyZM

HSC

sorry for asking this but what is the entire paper out of? is out of 100? - so multiple choice 20, section I 50?? ehh i never counted. The test was so so difficult, I feel depressed
MC - 20marks
Section 1 (Core topics) - 55marks
Section 2 (Optional) - 25 marks.

Total: 100 Marks

All HSC science exams are set up in the same way.

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC

MC - 20
Option -25
Core - 55

Forev3r

HSC
Hey did anyone find the first question in Industrial Chem kinda irrelevent...?
There was nothing about soap either =(
3 marks a drain for getting all part (a) wrong... I hope industrial scales up im only expecting a 17/25 max for the option
The rest was ok... though I rekon there were an excess of calculations

ball00n

HSC
Hey did anyone find the first question in Industrial Chem kinda irrelevent...?
There was nothing about soap either =(
3 marks a drain for getting all part (a) wrong... I hope industrial scales up im only expecting a 17/25 max for the option
The rest was ok... though I rekon there were an excess of calculations
YES!! the first question was so vague it said "modelled a process" and I could not think of what the process was, the option was heaps difficult and I too hope that it scales up, i am praying. And the calculations!!! the titration had so many dilution parts I got confused and left it out

Forev3r

HSC
Omg I still don't know what process its "moedelling" Dehydrating? Oxidation? Equilibrium??? 0.o"
Calculations got me so confused especially Q 20 in multiple choice
Stupid wording, I still don't know if its 400g in total or 400g each -.-

K

khorne

Omg I still don't know what process its "moedelling" Dehydrating? Oxidation? Equilibrium??? 0.o"
Calculations got me so confused especially Q 20 in multiple choice
Stupid wording, I still don't know if its 400g in total or 400g each -.-
It told you what to model. A model to represent equilibrium.

chgeo

HSC
A lot of crap being talked here. Just chill out guys.
But legit 95+ raw.
Only thing was one of the multi I probably got wrong (I ALWAYS rush in the multi and don't read the data correctly!)... so I'm expecting that. The industrial 7 marker was very long. Luckily I knew the thing about Barium Sulphate, had done the ethanol bonding question the night before and knew the first question in industrial! I think the most out there question in the paper was definitely the justification of the continued use of Arhennius' theory. But overall a good exam - it's relative difficulty and the extensive use of source material will allow effective distinguishing between students.

Now that's over (accelerated chem) I can look forward to a whole new year of slog. Woo..hoo...

bikinigal

HSC
N/A

MC - 20marks
Section 1 (Core topics) - 55marks
Section 2 (Optional) - 25 marks.

Total: 100 Marks

All HSC science exams are set up in the same way.
Only since last year : 2001 - 09 only had 15 MC questions. The BOS extended the MC, I'm told, as students complained that 3 hours wasn't sufficient time to complete the paper. Everyone I know finishes it in 1.5 - 2 hours: that leaves an awful lot of time for rechecking answers. I have no idea why anyone would say the previous format = insufficient time.

Cameron298

HSC
What the fuck was liquid X???

I said it was sulfuric acid and said shit about how it dehydrates the crystals.
Yes that would be the only thing that it would have been because there was no contact between the acid and the crystals. I don't know what the colour change should have been. I put white to blue :S

Cameron298

HSC
You should have told the supervisor as soon as you found it. It's really a bit late to do anything now :S Sorry

Username2

HSC
N/A

In what sense? If you say, collided two ions, as long as it made a transuranic element, that is fine.
Well I talked about neutron bombardment and I accidently used U-239 or 238 or something and said it then did beta decay to form the next element up (periodic table didn't have mass values for them damn it ...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)