General Thoughts: Chemistry (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Sounds like this year's exam was good? Had to have been better than '10s exam because it was just hard throughout the short response in the cores.

zhiying

HSC
Yeah, probably it was easier than last years. There were some unusual questions that threw people off though. Apparently first question in every option was weird, true for me (forensics) and people in my year who did industrial said so too

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
Sounds like this year's exam was good? Had to have been better than '10s exam because it was just hard throughout the short response in the cores.
all the sciences so far have been testing skills and if you can apply them to supplied data
rather than learning concepts word for word

Tsunayoshi

Full Time Mime
HSC
aww fuck i usually get at least 20+ in options but fuck idk i was thrown off and choked (yet again). expecting about 17-18 for option fuck fuck fuck

mc was harder than usual imo, still marks to be claimed nonetheless

short answers, imo, were fairly ok. there were really str8 down the line stuff and there was also shit that could screw over majority of the state

hoping for high band 5 might *just* manage band 6 (please)

PLEASE

PL3453!!!1!
This...:(

K

khorne

Did anyone see that doggy q copper? Nickel (ii) and Copper Nitrate...So it was copper (I), I hope you all realised to use the right equation.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Did anyone see that doggy q copper? Nickel (ii) and Copper Nitrate...So it was copper (I), I hope you all realised to use the right equation.
Oh dammittt. I used Copper (II)

BadMeetsEvil

HSC
N/A
holy shit no!!!! Fahhhhhhhhhhhh used Cu2+ aaarrrggghhhh!!
Getting off this forum now!! :mad: fahhh!!!

norez

HSC
I used copper II because that way the metal ions in both the solutions were equal... I think :/

I wrote that I assumed it to be copper II.

tomdoml

Premium Member
HSC
If it doesn't specify copper I why can't we assume it was copper II?? Can't copper nitrate also be Cu(NO3)2??

sandshoes23

HSC
I thought the paper today was SO much more easier then my trial chemistry exam haha! I was happy with it :) It seemed easier then all of the past papers I had been doing as well. I found it funny that I knew the answers to the heavier weighted questions such as the nitric acid process question and ethanol as a solvent, yet I had no idea why barium sulfate was used for testing the pH of soil haha!! Oh well, it was worth 1mark ;) Shipwrecks option was surprisingly simple as well! So glad I remembered all the stuff for corrosion at great depths! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)