General Education (1 Viewer)

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
Most engineering schools only allow student to take up general education courses after having finished 48 uoc.
Can we still take up general education courses before finishing 48 uoc?Can the school prevent us to do it?

D94

HSC
N/A
Students in each program must satisfy the General Education course requirements of that program. No General Education courses may be taken until at least 48UOC have been attempted. The General Education course requirement is normally 12 UOC, and is usually taken in the second and third years of study. To meet the 12 UOC General Education requirement, students may take up to 12 UOC of General Education courses, or courses substituted for General Education courses, from any faculty or faculties, other than the faculty that is the authority for the program in which the student is enrolled.
http://www.eng.unsw.edu.au/info-about/our-faculty/faculty-policies/bachelor-program-rules#3

dhampoet

HSC
N/A
Yes i know that, but the thing is we can still enroll to general education courses via myunsw and attend the class. Howow does the engineering school prevent this then?

D94

HSC
N/A
You can enrol into any course, no one is stopping you. I can enrol into all courses which aren't for my degree, but will they be counted towards my degree? No.

Best to contact them than ask here. But I reckon they'll just won't count those courses towards your degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)