Gender roles (1 Viewer)

Dave85

HSC
i'd love it! to be able to stay home wud be great. however it wud get boring and repetitive. but i wudnt mind it 2 much to begin wit. the idea sounds great...

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
virgin^sexy said:
thankyou, that was my point exactly
why can't both people work?
who makes more money is irrelevent as far as i can see
because if both parents work, there will be no "together time" and consquently lead to a possible divorce. Not to mention you're missing out on spending time with your kids.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I don't do housework. So when I get married, but husband must accept me for who I am and wash his own fucking underwear!

Also, I refuse to be the stay at home wife.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I lived with 2 females who earned more money that I did and I was going to marry one of them and I didn't have a problem with it at all.. it was good in the sense that there was a lot more financial independence without the 'oh, can I scab a few dollars off you' thing occuring.

I've got no problem with what someone does whether it be a housewife or being the financial breadwinner, as long as they contribute to the partnership in some way. If their contribution is looking after the domestics and children, then so be it. I'd feel just as happy doing that as them being the breadwinner because I feel that as a partnership, you have to learn to work together to achieve things together.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Jago said:
because if both parents work, there will be no "together time" and consquently lead to a possible divorce. Not to mention you're missing out on spending time with your kids.
if one partner works and the other doesnt, theres still at least 8 hrs of a day that arent spent together...which is exactly the same if both partners work!!!

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
yes, but when that parent gets home from work, the dinner would be made, ready to go. If both parents worked, they would come home, get the kids from the babysitter, clean up the house, and THEN go to start on dinner.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i have no words to voice how disgusted i am in your attitude right now.

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Jago said:
hahaha what the fuck
both my parents work
and they both come home about 5-6ish in the evening
and have nighttime together

you can't really say that will result in a divorce

and the kids thing, i think that whether a parent (or both) takes time off when their children are young is a personal decision, but when they are older (ie teens) they probably wouldn't have that much 'together time' anyway, even if they are home all the time. but that isn't the point of this thread, it's who makes more money and why someone has to be the 'house husband/wife'. i don't think i could ever be a housewife.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
But if they spend too much time together they may regret marrying the person. Short separation would only be a good thing.

twiddla

Couldn't care less - i mean doesn't it make me less of man if i'm afraid that i might 'look bad'. Thus i don't really care as long we get to see each other

Giant Lobster

HSC
:p as i said, even just a dollar more would make me happy. im impartial to washing the dishes, cleaning etc while my wife veges out on the couch watchin footy (god forbid, wot a turn off =/ ) but the MAN MUST EARN MORE!

anyway im not getting much agreement... seems like most of u guys dont care and most of you girls disagree cos ur the career type. reasonable.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
i have no words to voice how disgusted i am in your attitude right now.
i never said it was the wife that's cooking the dinner!

And i didn't say it would lead to a divorce.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
you sexist bastards. no cooking cleaning sweeping or ironing for any of you, I am devoting my life to hammering that flimsy glass ceiling.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
hahahaha, good luck there...

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i have thousands of years of male oppression and im not afraid to use it either. Well, maybe a little...

lengstar

HSC
i hate the corporate world. which is why i'm not doing any business/commerce subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)