Gaming PC! (1 Viewer)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
networkmaster said:
I've seen case reports about companies being busted for loading software that isnt genuine. I get a mail out once a month from microsoft saying who has been busted.......
Of course Microsoft are going to prosecute a company that is benefiting financially from their products.
What does any of that have to do with wrxsti, a home user that is using his machine to play games?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
mr_brightside said:
Of course Microsoft are going to prosecute a company that is benefiting financially from their products.
What does any of that have to do with wrxsti, a home user that is using his machine to play games?
they will take ur lvl 70 elf!!! :(

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
networkmaster said:
I've seen case reports about companies being busted for loading software that isnt genuine. I get a mail out once a month from microsoft saying who has been busted.......
yeah companies not regular home, average joe users, just companies, they are not going to be all that concerned if you are running software on a couple of computers, they will just give you those annoying WGA windows, and upgrade there WGA like they are now so that you have a black wallpaper and loose use of the system tray...

That is why I say everyone should use linux:)
or microsoft should make there software cheaper...

I think that software piracy for microsoft products would be much much less if the OS was $30. for home or something or even one copy per household rather then per a computer.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
yeah companies not regular home, average joe users, just companies, they are not going to be all that concerned if you are running software on a couple of computers, they will just give you those annoying WGA windows, and upgrade there WGA like they are now so that you have a black wallpaper and loose use of the system tray...

That is why I say everyone should use linux:)
or microsoft should make there software cheaper...

I think that software piracy for microsoft products would be much much less if the OS was $30. for home or something or even one copy per household rather then per a computer.
i'm pretty sure that they would also prosecute people who are distributing the os' as well. but not the people that download it.

Prosecuting people who download illegal things would open up floodgates in law with respect to sueing. I mean, who HASN'T downloaded illegal stuff?

and about the DDR3, i'm 100% sure about this and it's been a few months since i've been in the tech industry, but last time i heard, there wouldn't be any difference between DDR2 and DDR3 atm. They're mostly low-speed and ur better off spending that extra $$$ on higher speed DDR2 ram.

and your computer should run crysis fine.
I'm running crysis on my computer (e6420 (2.13ghz), 8500GT , 2gb ram) on medium settings, 800x600 and at frames of arou nd 20-30fps. which is actually pretty smooth.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
shinji said:
i'm pretty sure that they would also prosecute people who are distributing the os' as well. but not the people that download it.

Prosecuting people who download illegal things would open up floodgates in law with respect to sueing. I mean, who HASN'T downloaded illegal stuff?

and about the DDR3, i'm 100% sure about this and it's been a few months since i've been in the tech industry, but last time i heard, there wouldn't be any difference between DDR2 and DDR3 atm. They're mostly low-speed and ur better off spending that extra $$$ on higher speed DDR2 ram.

and your computer should run crysis fine.
I'm running crysis on my computer (e6420 (2.13ghz), 8500GT , 2gb ram) on medium settings, 800x600 and at frames of arou nd 20-30fps. which is actually pretty smooth.
oh yeah, but loading it on to your PC is different to distributing it to others.

scottath

HSC
Cheaper case = Coolermaster CM690 (around $100)
CPU = Can easily get away with a E8400
Do you already have the 9800GT? if not get a HD4870

I play crysis well on my system.....:
Q6600 @3.6ghz+
2x1gb Crucial Ballistix 6400 @ 1066mhz usually (can go to 1200+
Had 2xHD3870 in crossfire
Asus P5E flashed into the Asus Rampage Bios

etc - look towards a system like this - can do Crysis Ultra high at 1280x1024
Good luck

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
That build should be fine for playing Crysis and UT3...

9800 GTs are a steal right now.

However I myself would just buy the separate parts from MSY or something and build it myself. It's alot cheaper and I like doing that sorta thing anyway. That being said, the 60 month warranty is pretty imba.

johnnywalker

HSC
wrxsti said:
What do you guys think of these specs? im getting it built by a friend who works at a comp tech company.

CPU: Intel E8500 E8500CORE 2 DUO 3.16GHZ, 6MB CACHE, 1333MHZ FSB, LGA775

RAM:Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4(1GX2) 2G (2x XMS2 1GB) DDRII-800 (PC-6400C): 2x240-pin DIMMs, Non ECC Unbuffered, 4-4-4-12

Motherboard: Asus P5Q ExpGATE, S775, P45, DDR2, FSB1600, PCIE, RAID, 2xGBLAN, 2x1394a, ATX

Hard-drive: Samsung HD501LJ SATA 500GB SATA2 300Mbps 7200RPM 16MB Cache

Case:Antec Nine Hundred Tower Gaming Case with Side Window - Black, NO PSU, 9 Drive Bays, Top mounted 200mm exhaust fan, Top USB/IEEE1394/Audio, ATX

all together with service/installation/testing: 60 month warranty: $970

do you think its worth it?

hoping to get crysis and UT3 to run well, aswell as brothers in arms which is comming out soon.

Geez just get it from MSY
http://www.msy.com.au/Parts/PARTS.pdf

My Recommended Gaming PC

ASUS P5Q PRO $168
E8400 $208 (this good enuf can OC to 4ghz easy and most recommended for gaming)
4Gig SuperTalent/Adata/Apacer RAM $85
Samsung 640Gig $85
Ati 4850 $212 (Should run Cyrsis on Medium ok any better cost alot more)
Samsung SATA DVD Burner $25
CoolerMaster CAC-T05 case $105 (good for gaming and includes 460 CollerMaster Extreme PSU enuf if u dont SLI or Xfire)
If OCing get a betetr cooler recommended is:
Zalman 9700 led $65
plus $70 bucks onsite installation
All together $938 !!
(does not include LCD moniter, just buy a 22" or 24" perfect for Cryrsis)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)