HSC
Uni Grad
what the fuck

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
i wouldn't recommend it, but if you are going to do it, use protection
Would've worked in you were first in the thread. You're three pages late. ;-)

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Ahahahaha. Well I'm paying $540 for 8 contact hours and you're paying $680 for 2 contact hours :p
Oh wot. Thats really crap considering in trying to transfer next year or just finish this degree next year and start another one. I'm going to be living out of a garbage can.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Oh wot. Thats really crap considering in trying to transfer next year or just finish this degree next year and start another one. I'm going to be living out of a garbage can.
What degree are you wanting to transfer to?

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Moar money.

I will tell you what it is if I get in.

Enchantress91

HSC
hahahaaha i did WORK1003 last year in sem 1, it wasnt recorded. In fact, the lecturer didnt even put notes online, she literally just lectured us. She occasionally used overheads. Terrible lecturer, ranted about useless shit a lot. However it was an insanely easy subject, I never even paid attention in lectures and my friend and I just left halfway through them. I think I wrote about 2 pages of notes all semester. Studied for the final exam on the morning of it, by reading chapter summaries in the textbook. Every assessed item in that course is an essay (except for tute participation) so its very very easy to bullshit. Ended up getting a credit for the whole course lol.

Make sure you pay attention to tute discussions though, and participate/attend them for easy marks. If you have Susanne Jamieson (i think that was her name?) then your WORK lectures will be exactly like mine (ie. pointless and NOT recorded and NO notes online).
Great, thanks Meilz for the insight!

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
no worries ;) have fun bludging all sem and getting a distinction!

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
USYD should learn how to do timetabling from UNSW. I made my timetable Dec 15th.
this. i've only ever heard bad things about the usyd tinetabling system. i've had mine since dec 10th.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
jesus where do you live

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
If they record the lecture there's no point going if that's all you've got on. Just make sure you listen to it later.
Yeah, told myself that more times than I care to remember.

I've got a timetable clash on Fri morning between GOVT1101 and WORK1003.
How do we know if a lecture has been recorded or not?
GOVT1101 lectures aren't recorded either. However, if you have a vague interest in politics, and read the textbook and newspaper articles related to Aus Pol, you should be fine.

lett21

HSC
N/A
Hey guys i know this is a little off topic but can someone please clarify a few queries us Usyd first years have about textbooks:
1. How do we know which ones to get? The Usyd handbooks only tell you what textbooks you need for some subjects, but then when you do a course code search on the coop bookshop website it tells you what other textbooks you need that weren’t listed in the handbook. So should we just get the textbooks that were listed in the handbook or should we get the ones that are listed on the coop bookshop website as well?
2. Do we need to have our textbooks purchased and ready for the first day of semester OR can we purchase them after classes begin to make sure we’re getting the right ones?

Thanks in advance!

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Hey guys i know this is a little off topic but can someone please clarify a few queries us Usyd first years have about textbooks:
1. How do we know which ones to get? The Usyd handbooks only tell you what textbooks you need for some subjects, but then when you do a course code search on the coop bookshop website it tells you what other textbooks you need that weren’t listed in the handbook. So should we just get the textbooks that were listed in the handbook or should we get the ones that are listed on the coop bookshop website as well?
2. Do we need to have our textbooks purchased and ready for the first day of semester OR can we purchase them after classes begin to make sure we’re getting the right ones?

Thanks in advance!
1) I tend to go off what the Co-op Bookshop have under their searches as I've found that some UoS don't list their texts in the handbooks. Not sure if this is laziness by the course coordinator but I often go to Co-Op for a definitive list. Despite this, don't rely on it too much. They may list texts which are recommended for reading but not actually required so discretion is advised. Wait it out and see what they actually ask you to get in the lectures instead of jumping the gun if there is any differences between their lists.

2) The only benefit of buying textbooks prior to the first day of Semester is avoiding the lines at the Co-Op if you choose to buy there. Much of the content in the first week or so will be light so it isn't absolutely essential to start working out of a textbook from day one. You'll find that once the mid-sems start to come around, then you'll find you'll need some sort of supplementary text to help your studies.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Yeah, told myself that more times than I care to remember.
As have I Aerath. One session, I learnt two entire subjects the week before the exam, because I hadn't been to any of the lectures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)