Frenzel Fox FM Interview (2 Viewers)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Minai said:
the problem is, austereo (triple m, 2day etc) is a commercial station, so I guess big labels pay big money to have their commercial talent played on mainstream radio...and aussie bands dont have the backing of big labels to get their stuff played on austereo

either way, it shouldnt matter aussie bands dont get played on austereo, people into punk and alternative will listen to triple J anyway, not 2day fm cause they play teeny bop

(something tells me i dunno what im saying, since i know next to nothing about the music industry)
even if they did a similar thing as they did with the vines, i somehow dont see frenzal being kicked out from triple m, even if it was a midnight shift session ( which i usually listen to :p ), due mainly to the fact that unlike the vines, frenzal arent dickheads

/edit/

for those that cant axs the other one

http://www.frenzalrhomb.com.au/audio/Frenzal_Fox_FM_Interview.mp3

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Minai said:
the problem is, austereo (triple m, 2day etc) is a commercial station, so I guess big labels pay big money to have their commercial talent played on mainstream radio...and aussie bands dont have the backing of big labels to get their stuff played on austereo

either way, it shouldnt matter aussie bands dont get played on austereo, people into punk and alternative will listen to triple J anyway, not 2day fm cause they play teeny bop

(something tells me i dunno what im saying, since i know next to nothing about the music industry)
but that was the point of what jay was saying. why are record companies spending the majority of their resources promoting cover artists that have a shelf life of 6 months, while bands like you am i that have been around for years making good music are out of a record deal? i suppose you could argue that if you am i was still seling records then they wouldn't have lost their record deal, but i think wel all know that opinions can we swayed so very easily in the music industry, so why not promote bands and artists that truly deserve it and have staying power?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
shame to see you am i being dumped like that, and correct me if im wrong is epitaph offspring label ?

Brad

epitaph is Brett Guirwitz of Bad religions label, I think the offspring were on it but are on a major, the offsprings label that they own is nitro

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
ahh ok, thanks i think it was self titled and perhaps ignition that was epitaph, thanks for the clear up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)