French Half yearlies Thread (1 Viewer)

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
So how did everyone go? Was it difficult? And what was in ur exam?

I thin i nailed the writing section but i put too much time into that and didnt leave enough time for the comprehension. Our exam was formatted like the reading and responding section in the HSC with Part A being to comprehension articles and Part B being a letter/article with which we had to reply to a frien using the ideas brought up in the article.

I think i'll get the exam back next week... this is one exam im actually looking forward to getting back.

Well the exam had very similar questions from past HSC exams but the articles were of course different.

Post ur marks here and feel free to complain/boast/whinge/bitch/cry/rub it in/pick on others/bully/etc...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I dropped from 92% last year to 74%..I did well in the speaking and reading section but its just my writing...but my class all have that problem and we have all resloved to hand in two writtings a week...so hopefully that will help :)

Skip

Hmm... I don't think I did too well, but I think I didn't do that badly. We'll see when I get the results...

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
I cant believe it!!

I got 10/15 for my writing section!!! I caned it though! The marking was soo bias, just because i made a few mistakes... I'm really annoyed about that. I came second though and i have moved up to 1st place so im happy :D

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
La fraincais est mort, commme moi.

Mon ecole etait construent dans un terre d'indian burial.

Tu ne peut pas me tuer, je suis ne mortir.

Last edited:

Skip

knobblett said:
Must've been an easy exam hey Skip :p

Haha, i'm only sitting at about 85% for Continuers (= 3rd place), and Extension i'm on 68% (=3rd place) sitting behind marks of 78% and 73%.. so i've still got work to do
Well it was a 3 hour exam, in the format of the actual HSC. But the marking probably was fairly lenient.

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Had a writing capA today, very harshly marked but i ended up on 12/15 in total with two pieces of writing, 5/6 and 7/9. Other two ppl got 13/15, but the capA was only worth 10% so i didnt lose much in terms of rankings. Just need to put more effort in i think. :p

sal448

sally
HSC
extention

how do u pick up extention frech?
im not really considered doing it but i would love to know.
im studying continuers at the moment!
thankz sal

Lileane

HSC
Well basically you need to pick up Extension French at the beginning of year 12 just like all your other subjects, however your school needs to offer it. I'm not sure where else you could go to study it outside of school. Perhaps you should approach your teacher and ask him/her your questions, they probably can give you the best answer for your school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)