• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Free period on the first period?! (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
you must have heaps of free periods for you to catch up on sleep.

vg_woz_here

HSC
when the hsc course started in term4 last year...lol..i dropped a subject..and got to leave early on friday arvos :) i also gotta leave early on mon n wed arvos :) and had a long lunch on tuesday....and no period 1 on thursdays :)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
vg_woz_here said:
when the hsc course started in term4 last year...lol..i dropped a subject..and got to leave early on friday arvos :) i also gotta leave early on mon n wed arvos :) and had a long lunch on tuesday....and no period 1 on thursdays :)
You sound very content after dropping a subject, and that's one of the main advantages of doing less units. And with that extra time, you can relax a little more or spend that time on your other subjects and work more on them.

vg_woz_here

HSC
yeh true..the workload has lightened up...and i have more time to do other things

M.I.A-187

HSC
yeah i dropped hospitarlity and yeah from that on i do have a free period in the morning (well its good for i can get my sense back together after waking early and focus more on work).

In my school you don't :( you have to stay till skool ends even if you got no subject left then.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
vg_woz_here said:
damn we have to stay at school during our free periods ><

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Smart_Dunce said:
Same, but what if you have a free first period?
we still have to come because we have admin where they mark our name off.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
we still have to come because we have admin where they mark our name off.
ok i understand but you're free if it's last period.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Smart_Dunce said:
ok i understand but you're free if it's last period.
we still dont get the last period off even if it's a free ! because again we have admin in the afternoon as well -_____-"

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
we still dont get the last period off even if it's a free ! because again we have admin in the afternoon as well -_____-"
Fair enough.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yeah, we also have to get to school at normal time even if it's a free in the first period. However, we get to leave early if our last period's a free, which is pretty good. Also during our frees, we must go to the library, as our schools calls them "study periods" but you can still sleep in the library of course. :sleep:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
If you have a 'study session' in the morning you can choose wether to arrive at normal time to school and either go to the study centre or library or arrive late to school. Which ever arrival time you choose you are still required to swipe on as rollcall occurs in first session classes and so with no first session class equals no rollcall.

A 'study session' in the afternoon means you can either go to the study centre or library or leave early however if you leave early you must swipe out.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Kid.@dmin said:
A 'study session' in the afternoon means you can either go to the study centre or library or leave early however if you leave early you must swipe out.

Yeah, that's exactly what we have to do as well, we have to sign out just so the school knows that we have officially left the school for the day.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Riviet said:
Yeah, we also have to get to school at normal time even if it's a free in the first period. However, we get to leave early if our last period's a free, which is pretty good. Also during our frees, we must go to the library, as our schools calls them "study periods" but you can still sleep in the library of course. :sleep:
For our free periods, we have the choice of going to our common room, the library, outside in the sun, or any empty room we can happen upon. Most of the class seems to choose the common room for God knows why. :p Although we can't leave early or arrive late to school (technically, anyway).

I_F

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
insert-username said:
For our free periods, we have the choice of going to our common room, the library, outside in the sun, or any empty room we can happen upon. Most of the class seems to choose the common room for God knows why. :p Although we can't leave early or arrive late to school (technically, anyway).

I_F
during our free periods we have to stay in the classroom for the subject we dropped. its changing next year as they are going to put us all in a study room and if you want to go to the libarey you have to get a pass which has to be approved by all your teachers.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
during our free periods we have to stay in the classroom for the subject we dropped. its changing next year as they are going to put us all in a study room and if you want to go to the libarey you have to get a pass which has to be approved by all your teachers.
Very, very strict. No library.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Smart_Dunce said:
Very, very strict. No library.
haha thats because a large majority of my year would just go libarey and bludge instead of doing their work =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)