free laptops? (1 Viewer)

LynFay

HSC
I think Kev was drunk when he said that.
Think through this:

So we all get Laptop computers, which run for like, 2-3 hrs on batteries. So even if we charged them at home, we'd have to plug them in at school at least once a day.

So your school has to have enough powerpoints in each classroom to charge around 30 laptops, plus any other electrical thing, like a TV or overhead projector.

The school also has to pay for all the electricity us laptop kiddies use - won't they just love that.

Additionally, the school can only use so much electricity. If too much courses through the grid at once (all the schools have their laptops plugged in remeber) - we get a blackout.

And that's without factoring in the "soz miss i forgot to bring my laptop to school" problem.

Truly, at this point in time, paper is better.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Chick above me is an anti-technology freak that's gonna be useless as hell when computers become the forerunners of EVERYTHING in the near future.

Private schools already use laptops kthx.

At my school, only year 9s are getting free laptops. 400 laptops are also being given to be 'spread out' throughout years 10-12. I say just give all the year 12s a laptop and spread the rest throughout year 11 and a few lucky year 10s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)