Free HSC Half Yearly Exam Workshops (1 Viewer)

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
lol i went to english at burwood yesterday

any of you guysssssssssssssss there????lol

it was pretty good, i got some stuff outta it

~caramello~

HSC
went physics @ burwood...
teacher was average.
good for refreshing your memory
A bit of advertising.
but its expected coz its free =]

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
went to chem at burwood yesterday, pretty good overall, solved all the minor bits that i didnt get at school
the teacher (Chris P.) was really good, explained everything in great detail, hence we only ended up finishing half of acidic environment, but his explanations were worth it :)
as expected, the notes were really crap, but i didnt go there for the notes...

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
I went to both Chemistry on 13/02/09 and Physics on 14/02/09 at Burwood.

Chem teacher (Chris) was very good at teaching and kept the class concentrated and interested.

Phys teacher(forgot name), I didn't say much in the class, but made quite many mistakes, most of which I couldn't be bothered to pick out and fix. An example is emf is not current, but rather potential difference(well, strictly speaking, I think even emf and potential difference are a little different but dunno how).

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
went to chem at burwood yesterday, pretty good overall, solved all the minor bits that i didnt get at school
the teacher (Chris P.) was really good, explained everything in great detail, hence we only ended up finishing half of acidic environment, but his explanations were worth it :)
as expected, the notes were really crap, but i didnt go there for the notes...
haha the guy from alpha omega that came to get us to sign up for them in english was goin on and on about how great their chem teacher is lol

BOSSSSS

HSC
I went last year. They were really good but i was getting tired throughout it. it was either the sessions were too long or because i was doing the 40hr famine. lol

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
went to english today, was okay, but didnt learn anything new except a different perspective to writing essays, which i probably wont follow anyway...
Also I feel sorry for anyone that went to legal studies at parra today (20/2), if you went you'll know why :)

AnandDNA

HSC
went to english today, was okay, but didnt learn anything new except a different perspective to writing essays, which i probably wont follow anyway...
Also I feel sorry for anyone that went to legal studies at parra today (20/2), if you went you'll know why :)
i was meant to go but i dropped it 2 days ago so didnt. Tell me what happened !!!!!

Stoogey

HSC
I went to business studies at liverpool last saturday. Was ok, teacher wasn't too bad, not boring, not super interesting either. Was a great refresher/catch-up lesson, and its free, so im not complaining....and i got a ferrero rocher from the staff there :)

carlytse621

HSC
I went to the english and chemistry one today in bankstown
The english was okay....and i find it helpful in some ways....
The chemistry one was really good~
The teacher (vesde) is nice and she is smart
and she explains greatly to me when i ask her quiz :eek:
and i learn heaps from it (something i haven't learn in class yet)

LOL! went to so many lectures....tsfx and the this workshop :D

4theHSC

HSC
I went to the english and chemistry one today in bankstown
The english was okay....and i find it helpful in some ways....
The chemistry one was really good~
The teacher (vesde) is nice and she is smart
and she explains greatly to me when i ask her quiz :eek:
and i learn heaps from it (something i haven't learn in class yet)

LOL! went to so many lectures....tsfx and the this workshop :D
hmm yeah I think the chemistry one at bankstown is also good,, anyways I'm going to chemistry at burwood with chris probably and Physics at bankstown,, physics and chem teachers are really good there... The workshops were running today as all the classes were packed when i was going to my normal 8.30 class... hope the workshops help out...

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
OMG Wesam Krayem is the best maths teacher ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel like changing tutoring colleges now, seriously the guy was amazing, he made everything seem soooo easy and he was absolutely hilarious, non stop lulz on his theory of 'virgin questions' :lol:

Last edited:

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
lol is anyone going to bio on friday at burwood????????or any subject at all that day???????

HSC
I don't no about the other subject, but for chemistry, it was good but it still wasn't enough time to cover everything and that was only 2 core topic :S

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
I don't no about the other subject, but for chemistry, it was good but it still wasn't enough time to cover everything and that was only 2 core topic :S
lol true, i remember going for chem, the guy started the acidic environment 45 minutes before the end, ended up rushing everything and everyone was like :confused:

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Omgosh, I went to the Physics one about 2 Fridays ago and it was terrible. Don't go! You learn nothing!
QFT.

They advertise that they will cover the whole first two topics - however they didn't. They only barely touched on a few areas. Most of the time was spent having the lecturer criticising our current techniques in solving a problem and trying to tell us to use his techniques.

Also, the whole thing is a sham to advertise. There were so many indirect references to either books made by the author or classes run by the tutoring centre.

Personally, you'd be better off spending the four hours at home doing homework set by your teachers.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Haha yeah that was true. He tried to make us draw a table for every freaking projectile question. Lame!

And yeah, they did advertise alot. They had an intermission for about 10mins and made us fill in a survey.
Yeah, and also from my observations - the notes were just a summary of information from the 'Excel' study guides (well for physics anyway).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)