Free buses from central station (at the eddy ave bus stop) to UNSW? (1 Viewer)

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
Which buses are free from central station (eddy avenue) to UNSW?

Another question: from UNSW, I sat at a bus stop somewhere along High Street and went into the M10 bus, I saw some students go in without using their bus ticket....have I wasted slots on my bus ticket?

Thanks

D94

HSC
N/A
Normally, none are free.

No, by how you described it, they would be fare evading, and if a transit officer asked for their ticket, they would get a fine. The only exception would be if they had a MyMulti, which on the face of it wouldn't matter if they dipped it in or not. However, by not dipping it in, and especially at Eddy Avenue, the bus company isn't able to service more buses at peak times because their data logs indicates x number of students passing through when there are actually y number of students passing through (where y > x). So you should always dip your MyMulti ticket.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
No, by how you described it, they would be fare evading, and if a transit officer asked for their ticket, they would get a fine. The only exception would be if they had a MyMulti, which on the face of it wouldn't matter if they dipped it in or not. However, by not dipping it in, and especially at Eddy Avenue, the bus company isn't able to service more buses at peak times because their data logs indicates x number of students passing through when there are actually y number of students passing through (where y > x). So you should always dip your MyMulti ticket.
Will keep that in mind now.

Awesome detective work there :p

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Normally, none are free.

Yeah I don't get why people skip the dip. If you don't dip the tickets, that means the bus company thinks there are less people using the buses than there actually are - so they allocate less buses.

But, on the flipside, at times when the lines are just massive - bus drivers will just open the back door and dipping becomes useless and just a hassle.

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
Normally, none are free.

Thank you very, very, very much!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah I don't get why people skip the dip. If you don't dip the tickets, that means the bus company thinks there are less people using the buses than there actually are - so they allocate less buses.

But, on the flipside, at times when the lines are just massive - bus drivers will just open the back door and dipping becomes useless and just a hassle.
because you really can't be fucked, haven't dipped in 2 years

D94

HSC
N/A

If at Eddy Av, then there's usually those portable dipping machines before you get onto the bus.

Also, more importantly, if students/people would kindly dip their tickets at those portable machines, it would save a lot of time getting onto the bus - you won't be holding up the line when you dip your ticket in the machines on the bus.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
If at Eddy Av, then there's usually those portable dipping machines before you get onto the bus.

Also, more importantly, if students/people would kindly dip their tickets at those portable machines, it would save a lot of time getting onto the bus - you won't be holding up the line when you dip your ticket in the machines on the bus.
Can you double dip or triple dip while waiting?

That way the buses will be less packed and you will get one all the time as more get sent out.

ifrit112

HSC
I think the the 895/891 to and from eddy avenue is free during major events like open day and o week.

At least that is what it states on the o week website.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Can you double dip or triple dip while waiting?

That way the buses will be less packed and you will get one all the time as more get sent out.
If you want to waste trips on your travel 10 go for it buddy and if you use a mymulti people will be majorly pissed that you are taking up a machine and multi dipping like an idiot.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
If you want to waste trips on your travel 10 go for it buddy and if you use a mymulti people will be majorly pissed that you are taking up a machine and multi dipping like an idiot.
Obviously you would only use it for a mymulti.

I mean after everyone has finished dipping and there is no line left.

You said you don't even dip so multi-dippers have to make up for it.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
If you dip a mymulti many times, a beeping noise will go off. So that one won't count.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)