freaking out (1 Viewer)

HSC
i start uni tomorrow, and i'm doing B Arts part time. I've chosen Media and Cultural Studies, and Psychology. I first thought, oh yeah, they sound awesome, really interesting, but now I'm shitting myself, because I HATE science, and that's basically what I'm doing.

Psychology?!?! I didn't do maths or science in year 12, I dunno what to do. I'm freaking out.

ADVICE PLEEEASE!!!!

HSC
yeah but its not even what i want to do, well, thats what i am thinking now.

I really wanna do music, but thought I'd check out uni to see if i like it or not, i dunno.... can u change subjects at the beginning of semester?

HSC
oh k well im doing arts, so i can do pretty much anything aye? except the courses with assumed knowledge ... kewlies
what do i do about missed work? get others notes?

D.Larie

Quit the "Arts are for losers" attitude.

I'm doing an Arts course too.
Noel Gallagher, you started today? How was it? :eek:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i got a joke

What does an graduate Art student say to a graduate Law student???

A: Would you like fries with that?

hahaha gold

Last edited:

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
noel_gallagher said:
oh k well im doing arts, so i can do pretty much anything aye? except the courses with assumed knowledge ... kewlies
what do i do about missed work? get others notes?
If u really wanna do music, why go to uni to do music, unless u wanna teach music, cause how many famous musicians went to uni, its something u dont need uni for, like tradies.

LazyBoy

HSC
SashatheMan said:
i got a joke

What does an graduate Art student say to a graduate Law student???

A: Would you like fries with that?

hahaha gold
or how about in my case "sorry mate, youve had to much to drink im asking security to leave have a good night" :p perk of my job i can kick people i dont like out

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
LazyBoy said:
or how about in my case "sorry mate, youve had to much to drink im asking security to leave have a good night" :p perk of my job i can kick people i dont like out
Yeah, but ur arts degree is valid, at least u can get a job after u finish........ When i mean arts degree, i mean B fine arts, which does not require uni at all. Here is a tip for people who are thinking of enrolling in those types of degrees... DONT!!

Two guidelines to art include; Having some actual fucking talent and not a piece of paper, and imagination, not the ability to copy other peoples shit...

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
LazyBoy said:
Shit sorry my mistake, i thought u were doing something worthwhile, i misinterpreted "Philosophy" for "Pyschology"... so in actuall fact you are one of those people who wont get a job ever in your field... maccas doesnt count.. sorry buddy!!!

LazyBoy

HSC
philosophy and sociology are actually very worthwhile. philosophy teaches one how to create and structure arguments (great for beeing an executive). Sociology is also worth while. Sorting out societies problems, and government and business sort out these problems are very important.

Also most philosophy majors move on to become high paying executives because of the skills it teaches you. Sociology is also a very useful degree within business. Its not as black and white as getting a job in a feild, uni isnt about getting a job. Its about furthering your education. And just so you know my past job experiences i have been an IT Manager for a company, now i work for a pub. So watch what your throwing about before you throw ignorant comments around about worthless degrees.

I see your moving to kellyville... come to the fiddler ;)

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
LazyBoy said:
oh yeah :p you cant be taught tallent. you either have it or you dont
thats true, u can improve on talents, but u cant improve on nothing if u dont have talent

S

Shuter

LazyBoy said:
philosophy and sociology are actually very worthwhile. philosophy teaches one how to create and structure arguments (great for beeing an executive).
Sure, what would be even more useful would be if you were taught about correct processess for management and running a company, so you could make the correct decisions, not merely be able to argue and force your point accross on decisions which you may have no idea about.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
LazyBoy said:
philosophy and sociology are actually very worthwhile. philosophy teaches one how to create and structure arguments (great for beeing an executive). Sociology is also worth while. Sorting out societies problems, and government and business sort out these problems are very important.

Also most philosophy majors move on to become high paying executives because of the skills it teaches you. Sociology is also a very useful degree within business. Its not as black and white as getting a job in a feild, uni isnt about getting a job. Its about furthering your education. And just so you know my past job experiences i have been an IT Manager for a company, now i work for a pub. So watch what your throwing about before you throw ignorant comments around about worthless degrees.

I see your moving to kellyville... come to the fiddler ;)
if you were born in 1986 that would make you 18-19 so i highly doubt that you were an it manager and then either quit that or got fired for doing something stupid, and go work in a pub....I have friends who are it managers and it consoltants and they are considerably older than you ... plus you need a degree to become a manager of it... You also forget that you supposedly finished school in 2004... might be an idea to fix your online info...dumb arse

LazyBoy

HSC
perhaps you should lookup the various meanings of argument. If you included the rest of my post instead of phrases you would realise that the sociology part of my degree would be the basis of my decision. But you do realise that the primary part of university for most students is not to gain employment, or be trained for employment but rather to become more interlectually enlighted.

I do eventually aim to get a PhD and then from there gain employment in a specific sector of government or business that requires sociological expertise.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
LazyBoy said:
perhaps you should lookup the various meanings of argument. If you included the rest of my post instead of phrases you would realise that the sociology part of my degree would be the basis of my decision. But you do realise that the primary part of university for most students is not to gain employment, or be trained for employment but rather to become more interlectually enlighted.

I do eventually aim to get a PhD and then from there gain employment in a specific sector of government or business that requires sociological expertise.
Well, to be able to afford to do a PhD, you need to get a job first.... I guess u have a lot of money after being an IT manager, ay (wink,wink).

I respect the fact that u are doing something with ur life that u see as worthwhile, but dont bullshit ppl into thinking u are or have done more in ur life then u really have, grow up and get a handle on real life

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)