freaking out :( (1 Viewer)

pip_

HSC
Hello everyone,
Just wondering if i can still get into nursing, needing an ATAR between 60ish and 80ish (I know, big gap!)
I have hardly any study notes, these are the ranks from my last report -
General maths - 30/76
Advanced english - 41/54 :(
PDHPE - 24/34 :(
Business studies - 34/47
Ancient history - 26/38
Please keep in mind this is about 10 weeks or so back, and have had assessments which would have pushed my marks around, especially for business and ancient, and maths, as i have gotten a few great marks on these,
Any suggestions, any help on dodging/minimising the study notes thing, as I probably do not have time to write a years worth of study notes in 3 weeks.
By the way, I am actually smart when I put my mind to it, I am just not a good writer and find it hard to retain information.
Thanks everyone :)

pip_

HSC
i think our school rank is in the late 200's

enoilgam

HSC
Well, I went to a school ranked similar to yours and ranks like that would give you around 55-65. Obviously this can change quite a bit considering you have had exams since then and you still have the trials + HSC to go (the trials and HSC are worth on average around 70% of your mark). So there is still time to turn things around. If you are in need of study notes, try the BOS resources section found here: http://www.boredofstudies.org/resources.php. Considering you dont have time for notes, I would read over any you can find and work on some past papers.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I think you'd pull a 60 just with those ranks. If you want to be on the safe side for nursing, small improvements now can make massive improvements on your ATAR.

Going from a 60 to a 70 is no where near the amount of effort/improvement to get from 70 to 80 imho. You can do it!

You still have so much to turn it around, like honestly you could still get an 80 if you nailed everything from here out!

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Oh cmon everyone can get at least in the 60's.
No problem, no need to worry about that.

The only thing you really need to fix is your general maths rank. You really should be either rank 1 or 2 for general maths. Just get at least 98% in your next test and then all good.

DavidP94

HSC
N/A
Just get at least 98% in your next test and then all good.
What is this mentality? "Just get", you make it sound like any average Joe can walk around and score a 98% if they "want to". It takes effort, self discipline and determination to get a result like that... This isn't a personal attack but it kind of makes my blood boil when someone says "oh you can EASY get an atar of 80+" or something similar to that dialogue... Be a realist, please, for your own sake...

Shadowless

HSC
Oh cmon everyone can get at least in the 60's.
No problem, no need to worry about that.

The only thing you really need to fix is your general maths rank. You really should be either rank 1 or 2 for general maths. Just get at least 98% in your next test and then all good.
+1 (but i think u mean 70s)

pip_

HSC
hi everyone thanks for your answers, i dont think it is as easy as everyone thinks to get 60 and above atar, but i am hopeful for around that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)