franz ferdinand (1 Viewer)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
oh yeah mate, you should have been there on thursday night.
i practically creamed my pants
well, not really, but pretty close.

the crowd was just so intense, we were singing louder then alex and the look on their surprised faces was just gold (i don't think they expected everyone to love them so)

also, there are rumours that FF are coming to BDO 2005, can't wait for thattt

laney

HSC
heheh i was there at the metro thursday night, and i think it was totally awesome too! the setlist was soooooo short, especially after i'd sat through the supports for 3 hours.
i was behind the dudes doing the sound mixing and the lighting and although where i was had the best view, i also saw the whole setlist before the band even walked on stage. i think waiting to see what songs the band plays makes up a lot of the performance which i missed out on.

my photos all turned out crap too, but they have a very pretty picture of alex singing on the front page of the triple j site.

BDO 05!!!!! OMG, that would be soooooooo cool!!
*crosses fingers*

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
what!?!
i thought you only went to the gaelic club gig, which i heard was much more placid.

yeah, i was sitting behind the sound mixing thing for a bit too..near this guy with a huge afro. this was during the first support. but at the beginning of fiery furnaces we moved up to the front, a little off the centre and about 2 metres back. such a great spot.

but yes you are right, the anticipation during their performance was great, although i love their whole cd anyway. but how good was "this fire"! seriously, it went OFF like nothing i'd seen before, i was in the 'mosh' and was soo drained after that rendition.

walrusbear

HSC
jacqueline and take me out were highlights.

what's the name of the new song they had?

laney

HSC
nono i didn't go to the gaelic, that was too much of a triple m gig *shakes head*

i didn't know the chick from the firey furnaces was going out with alex kapranos. i like that chick, she's like, not annoying for a lead chick singer :D

alex said something like 'cause you're such a great audience we're going to play 'love and destroy' and we hardly ever play this song live'....meanwhile, we had the setlist there and me and my sister are just like 'yeah riiiiiiiiight....just cause we're a top audience' and laughed.

fuck i was drained and wasn't in the mosh pit. too much jumping up and down and dancing!!

walrusbear

HSC
how did you hear what alex said from the mixing desk?!

i was like two metres away and all of the chat was drowned by the audience

and you're right jian, i loved the smiles of surprise they had at the beginning. the audience was great on thursday.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
they had such sexy accents
*eyes glaze over*

yeah, such an energetic gig, which was really good. isnt the fiery furnaces australian? you mean alex as in FF alex right?

fiery furnaces were okay..but i think i was just too eager for FF so i was getting impatient heh.

what i didn't like about the gig was that cunt in the front who kept hitting into everyone cos he was too drunk or some crap. and all those pretentious artfucks hehe. oh well they were harmless but

walrusbear

HSC
i know the exact cunt you're thinking about. actually, there were a group of them, but one in particular.
he annoyed the shit out of me too

i really liked fiery furnaces. they had a seriously wacky sound. i wanna hear their albums now. i'm pretty sure they're not australian though. from UK??

and yeah, franz ferdinand's alex kapranos.
is there someone in fiery furnaces (also FF) called alex? btw, the bass player in that band had cool hair.

laney

HSC
the bass player in the fiery furnaces?
he's the dude who came over to us to have a chat. not much though. just asked my sister to drop a paper airoplane he'd made. heheh

"hi we're franz ferdinand and we're from glasgow". that's basically all they ever say. hehe, sexy accents, YES!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i dunno, they said like..other stuff!
how great was it after the first song..and everyone just went apeshit. for like a minute. and the shocked, disbelieving looks on their faces was so gold that we just kept going crazy for even longer, that was such a moment. ahh.

okay i'll shut up now

walrusbear

HSC
how did you meet the bands? where were they after the show?

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
yeha
i totally wanted to go to that FF afterparty last night (friday night) after their gig. that would have been awesome, i would have totally chatted up the guitarist

...and gotten my face punched.

laney

HSC
i met the band at the channel v gig they did on friday avo.

actually i wouldn't worry about not going to the afterparty.
especially since the after party went from what, 12:30-3:30?
i asked the sound mixing guy for the setlist, but instead he gave me the band's itinerary for the friday, and they were supposed to check into some hotel at 1:30, so i don't suppose the after party would have been that good for the last 2 hours.

walrusbear

HSC
awesome sig virginsexy

fuck that brings a smile to my face

"you're into japanese fast food and drop you off to your japanese lover and you go to the beach all day..."

that song is priceless
right down to the random screams from black francis
and "i was talking to preach preach about kissy kiss. he bought me a soda... he bought me a soda... he bought me a soda and tried to molest me in the parking lot yep yep YEP YEP"

goddamn
please come to australia pixies

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
you know they're touring with deathcab for cutie in america

:jealous:

edit: and that line you said was my msn name for so long

artfag

Banned
HSC
screw franz ferdinand, how were the fiery furnaces? blueberry boat is the album of the year so far.

curses being under age!

walrusbear

HSC
fiery furnaces were wacky and cool

i hadn't heard any before, but i want to hear their albums now

bex

HSC
i just got home from byron.. franz were AWESOME it was insane. i was right at the front and cause im short i got mashed about a zillion times... my muscles are still sore. they were so good live.. absolutely went off!

fiery furnaces were good too.. id never heard their stuff before and i really liked it! that slushy song is so cute!! i also rated xavier rudd and ozomatli as the best performances

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)