Formula sheets for 3u kids! (1 Viewer)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
and in the real world you wouldn't need exact values and most things you will type into a computer program to do any hard maths.

And in Engineering Studies why bother to learn about how tests are carried out, when we can just look at a table.

If you have to derive the formula or remember it, it shows you have a greater understanding of how it works.

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
When my dad was doing his examinations, they had to remember the whole periodic table for chem, they had to memorise all the standard potentials.
They had to memorise practically everything except they needed that ruler/trig sheet that gave you values of tan38 etc since they didn't have calculators back then :).

He was surprised when he found out we get all this stuff.

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
yeah their rulers had log tables in it too :)
its mad you can slide it etc to get the value

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
In year 10, i knew the names of the first 50ish elements, and the proper values for the first 20 so i think its possible. The first 20 are the only important ones anyway.

aud

HSC
They have a formula for time payment... my dad brought home a General exam the other day and I was like, huh...? Time payment formula... makes you forget the reasoning behind it.
My Maths teacher doesn't even teach us some formulae so we remember why we're doing what we're doing, like that t(r+1)/t(r) that I saw a formula for the other day.

Ick... periodic table... my Year 7/8 Science teacher would test us on it every single day, and make us write out each one we got wrong 20 times... :( No wonder I dropped Science... it was scary...

caroline86

meh... i'm just a lazy bum... but now that i've done 5 of my hsc exams already and only have maths to go... i'm pumped to study for maths!!! i love maths!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)