Formula sheets for 3u kids! (1 Viewer)

caroline86

:shouting: Isn't it slack that general maths ppl get a formula sheet and we dont... when we have to learn more formulas?! :mad: well.... i'm pretty much ok with formulas but it would be really handy for studying.... does anyone know like a website where i can print off a formula sheet for 3u maths people??? :idea: :eek:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
being a 3u student u shud b able to derive formulas, but i think u shud get Jeff Geha's pocket guide for 3unit if u want a handy reference guide whilst studying...but dont 4get u may b asked to derive random shit so yeh b prepared...i cant hthink of ne website, ozseek used to have stuff like that but not nemore

Rorix

HSC
no, because, you see, people with mathematical intutition don't need formula sheets.

ngai

HSC
yes, its totally unfair
perhaps we shouldve all done general maths instead

camby

HSC
I have one, ask your teacher for one ^.^; basically ours was like "you should know all these already but if you just want a quick reference"

and i agree with what the others are saying, in most cases its better to know how to get all of them

Archman

HSC
N/A
woo general maths, im all up for it.

speersy

HSC
N/A
i agree to a certain extent however i dont know how it is possible to derive all the formulas from first principles

I did learn today however how to derive the midpoint formula. All you do is get the division of a line in a given ratio formula and let the ratio be 1:1
Just some pointless info that i felt like telling somebody

Rorix

HSC
or we could just like, average the values

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
but generally then general maths people shouldn't even need the formula sheet. The stuff is so easy

S

Shuter

speersy said:
All you do is get the division of a line in a given ratio formula and let the ratio be 1:1

Shouldn't that be "get the division of an interval into the ratio formula". A line would just go on forever hence have no mid point.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Archman said:
woo general maths, im all up for it.
I've actually been in the general maths forum proving and deriving formulae and questions which I know nothing about, and getting the correct answer. Fun.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Ive been in a general maths class before when my teacher was away, trust me it is not as fun as it looks, they were using a formula for superannuation. Sure beats deriving it but then you cant have any weird stuff.

I was being asked the difference between latitude and longitude on the day of their trials :rolleyes:

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
yeah i'd hate to do general

pft formulas aren't hard to remember when u practice them alot...

and theres the standard table of integrals, i'm sweet with that!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I still reackon they should make us memorise the table of standard integrals.

ffs they have &int; x<sup>n</sup> dx in there, the only thing they don't do is put +C. which makes all of their answers WRONG!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
They also get to use graphics calculators stop having a sulk. I reackon they should give out formula sheets but have it out of order and all over the place and have random formulas all over the place so its easier to remember the formula then try and spend 10 mins looking it up.

Oh and change it each year so they cant be taught which formula's they need and use different letters ie P(x,y)=([m<sub>1</sub>x<sub>2</sub>+m<sub>2</sub>x<sub>1</sub>]/[m<sub>1</sub>+m<sub>2</sub>] , [m<sub>1</sub>y<sub>2</sub>+m<sub>2</sub>y<sub>1</sub>]/[m<sub>1</sub>+m<sub>2</sub>])

Becomes:
R(p,q)=([t<sub>a</sub>p<sub>2</sub>+t<sub>b</sub>p<sub>1</sub>]/[t<sub>a</sub>+t<sub>b</sub>] , [t<sub>a</sub>q<sub>2</sub>+t<sub>b</sub>q<sub>1</sub>]/[t<sub>a</sub>+t<sub>b</sub>])

Last edited:

cj_bridle

HSC
Xayma said:
Oh and change it each year so they cant be taught which formula's they need and use different lets ie P(x,y)=([m<sub>1</sub>x<sub>2</sub>+m<sub>2</sub>x<sub>1</sub>]/[m<sub>1</sub>+m<sub>2</sub>] , [m<sub>1</sub>y<sub>2</sub>+m<sub>2</sub>y<sub>1</sub>]/[m<sub>1</sub>+m<sub>2</sub>])

Becomes:
R(p,q)=([t<sub>a</sub>p<sub>2</sub>+t<sub>b</sub>p<sub>1</sub>]/[t<sub>a</sub>+t<sub>b</sub>] , [t<sub>a</sub>q<sub>2</sub>+t<sub>b</sub>q<sub>1</sub>]/[t<sub>a</sub>+t<sub>b</sub>])
thats a brilliant idea! so at least there is some brain activity trying to work out which formula is which. i love it

Gym

I was talking to a friend that does General, and he was whinging about how many formulas he had to remember. I told him that we do'nt raelly have to remember all that may coz we can derive most of them.... I then spent the next 10mins explaining the term derive to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)