formal shoes (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
My best friend just bought those red shoes in the picture you guys have posted time and time again. I like them, but I can definitely see how they wouldn't be to everyone's taste.

And there is no way that designer automatically means perfection without question. I have seen many trashy designer pieces, and you are really sounding like a fashion victim harping on saying that everything designer is perfect.

Having good taste means not just going for the designer stuff, but knowing how to seperate the divine from the disastrous.

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
I'd go so far as to say that the vast majority of major label designer clothes are trashy, ugly and even outright slutty.

HSC
N/A
my sharona said:
They are imitations of the Louis Vuitton shoe!

Imitation!! (it almost sounds like a dirty word)
Imitation or not, I want some!!! They come in a size 5, right? *hyperventilates* Almost nothing good comes in a size 5!

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Ms 12 said:
My best friend just bought those red shoes in the picture you guys have posted time and time again. I like them, but I can definitely see how they wouldn't be to everyone's taste.

And there is no way that designer automatically means perfection without question. I have seen many trashy designer pieces, and you are really sounding like a fashion victim harping on saying that everything designer is perfect.

Having good taste means not just going for the designer stuff, but knowing how to seperate the divine from the disastrous.
First of all OMG I HATE YOUR FRIEND!! (i'm assuming that she bought the LV's)

and also i only ever said that
Tulipa said:
so yeah, designer clothes are so trashy. :rolleyes:
insinuating that clothes worth thousands of dollars (particularly LV) aren't normally trashy. never said that they were "perfection"

edit: glitterfairy, they come in a US size 5.5 at least.

HSC
FreakTrigger said:
I'd go so far as to say that the vast majority of major label designer clothes are trashy, ugly and even outright slutty.
I'd disagree with that, but i can see where you're coming from.

If you look at most of the major fashion houses and their 'signature' look (i.e. the Chanel tweed suit, the YSL long ball gown, Dior man-style pants), they are usually quite conservative.

I think that because people who choose to wear the more trashy 'street' items are more loud about it, and the media/celebrities don't help. (e.g. Paris Hilton) There's a fine line between something that is revealing and something that is slutty.

I think people may have misunderstood me - i have never said, nor have i ever believed that designer is an automatic branding of stylish.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
oh no...they'll be everywhere! sarah i think maybe we should have kept them to ourelves.

well, i paid for them today so they should be coming in a few weeks. cant wait.

HSC
N/A
Tulipa said:
First of all OMG I HATE YOUR FRIEND!! (i'm assuming that she bought the LV's)

and also i only ever said that

insinuating that clothes worth thousands of dollars (particularly LV) aren't normally trashy. never said that they were "perfection"

edit: glitterfairy, they come in a US size 5.5 at least.

Darn, is the US "5.5" similar to our one over here? I can't remember my european shoe size, it's like 32 or something... stupid Aussie size 5 feet.

Agreeably, some designers have a trashy style. And they like it like that - but the big ones - Versace, Dior, Valentino (omgomgomg, Valentino!!!!!) etc have really beautiful signature looks that might be revealing, but still classy (the whole "only avaliable to the rich" thing). It's so beautiful...

Aside from that, NineWest (specificall, Enzo Angiolini) shoes are nice. And affordable... Mollini can be nice too. I don't mind knock-off designer designs, so long as they actually fit and the heel is balanced properly...

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
my sharona said:
It's a formal?

Jeans and cami are the sort of thing you'd wear clubbing. Lets compare the 'classy' world of clubbing with the 'skanky' attire of formals :rolleyes:. You can wear skinnies and a cami to a formal if you like, but they probably won't let you in.
Tulipa is probably the most casual (tomboy) dresser i know. I don't even know if she owns tight jeans. I doubt she's planning on hiking around in those shoes every day.

Anyway, i'm not taking ideas about 'class' and 'elegance' from someone who wears out (thats right, not just sleeps in) t-shirts that say 'my other boyfriend is hot'.
i didnt know it was for a formal. but i still think they look prostitutional, for a formal or not.
and yes, i do know how to dress formal. done so for many occasionas. fuck, i even sspent over $500 on a formal dress. but never again.

and seriously, what does wearing one shirt have to do with my 'class' and 'elegance'? thats a pretty petty thing to say, to judge one on just one shirt they have seen them wear, dont you think? it for your information, it says "my other boyfriend rocks" not, "my other boyfriend is hot". get your facts right, darl.

FreakTrigger said:
Hehe, I figured I'd be the only guy and post in here.

And besides that, just for the record, boots are the hottest things a girl can wear.

And not silly skanky ugg boots or stilletto heeled fuck-me boots.
omg, i love boots. been wearing them since i was 10. i used to wear el cheapo, but comfy as black colorado boots to school.
and earlier this year, i saw the hottest flat black mid shin high boots ever. but i was so pissed off, coz there were no size 6 left and they were on sale and they were really awesome. I just have to wait till i start getting paid so i get some dr. martens. love them boots.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
flat boots are, in general, a crime against nature. makes you look stumpy.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i have the most beautiful pair of flat boots ever...seriously. and the only other person who has seen them is atticus. and he even saw the beauty in them, and he was very wasted.

Always

HSC
I can't believe what some people here are saying.

First of all, THOSE SHOES ARE FUCKING HOT. I want the LV's. Badly.

They're not skanky, tacky, nor "prostitutional". It's the person that wears them that defines the "tackiness". ;)

There's nothing wrong with designer imitations. Hell, has anyone checked out Sportsgirl lately? Or any chainstore, really. They are full of imitations. The "trend" pieces that most people wear these days are designer imitations. Those shoes are just one of the better imitations.

FreakTrigger said:
Chloe, Marcs, Armani, Ralph Lauren, Chanel, Valentino, Versace, and LV are all huge labels. Trashy and ugly (!!!) are not words that come to mind when I think of these brands. If you disagree, show me an example of a trashy/ugly/slutty piece and i'll graciously digress. :)

Always

HSC
AlleyCat said:
i have the most beautiful pair of flat boots ever...seriously. and the only other person who has seen them is atticus. and he even saw the beauty in them, and he was very wasted.
Ohhhh, pictures pictures!!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Always said:
Ohhhh, pictures pictures!!
all in good time, my girl. all in goo time.

(thats code for "i dont have a digital camera")

they are really hot though, with different materials and leathers and diamantes on the side. hard to explain or describe, but exquisite nonetheless.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
AlleyCat said:
its true! i said "those are mad boots" haha
i have an eye for good fashion it would appear... now to apply it to myself... argh fuck it i wear what i want

HSC
mmm_sofay said:
for your information, it says "my other boyfriend rocks" not, "my other boyfriend is hot". get your facts right, darl.
Thumbs up to you then. You're making the rest of us look good, if nothing else.

Always

HSC
AlleyCat said:
all in good time, my girl. all in goo time.

(thats code for "i dont have a digital camera")

they are really hot though, with different materials and leathers and diamantes on the side. hard to explain or describe, but exquisite nonetheless.
They sound STUNNING!

I is very jealous. You have two pairs of gob-smackingly, jaw-droppingly gorgeous shoes. <33

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
Always said:
They sound STUNNING!

I is very jealous. You have two pairs of gob-smackingly, jaw-droppingly gorgeous shoes. <33
i have more than that honey ;).
but thanks, i love shoes. they rock my world. they are my favourite item of clothing to buy and wear.

bex

HSC
mmm_sofay said:
tulle, lace, whatever, its v. similar. and still looks tacky on a red satin shoe.
its down the bad end with wedges and espadrilles and ugh boots with mini skirts in public.

and yes, points are ugly, but then again, not many round toe shoes are something to gush about either.

and did i specifically say lv was trashy? no. not that i recall, or read.
with all due respect what exactly DO you like then?

Whilst I dont think I would wear them, I can see the merit in them.. the satin and little bows look opulent as opposed to trashy which I think on the wrong outfit they could look very much so..

I'd disagree with that, but i can see where you're coming from.

If you look at most of the major fashion houses and their 'signature' look (i.e. the Chanel tweed suit, the YSL long ball gown, Dior man-style pants), they are usually quite conservative.

I think that because people who choose to wear the more trashy 'street' items are more loud about it, and the media/celebrities don't help. (e.g. Paris Hilton) There's a fine line between something that is revealing and something that is slutty.

I think people may have misunderstood me - i have never said, nor have i ever believed that designer is an automatic branding of stylish.

i also agree with this statement.. I think there is a lot of designer trash out there.. where do all the even uglier knock offs come from??

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
I really like my Formal Shoes. They were from Myer (I got them in the City - huge range there) And for under $100. I reckon thats tops :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)