forgive and forget (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
are there some cases where you should just forgive a person, forget about what happened and move on?

cos on one hand, the past is the past. you can't undo what's happened, and you still have to live with the memories.

but on the other hand, it's not right to let somebody hurt you (emotionally) and to just let them do it.

lengstar

HSC
if they do it intentionally and maliciously then you shouldn't forgive them.

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
it really depends on the situation...some things are just unforgivable...like your best friend screwing your gf/bf....but some things can be dealt with and forgotten...you really just need to wiegh up the odds, and decide whether you'd be happy to have a grudge agains someone forever. grudges arent healthy...one shouldnt have too many of them.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i think for me, if someone did something 'wrong', it would depend on what it was if i could forgive them or not.
like, i think anything that breaks trust is absolutely unforgivable, regardless of what it is.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
personally, i'd forgive but never forget if it has had a huge impact upon me.

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
You can't forgive AND forget. If you forget what happened then theres nothing to forgive, and its bound to happen again. But you have to struggle to forgive people no matter how bad they hurt you. It shows them how strong you are and shows how stupid they were to do what they did.

But there are some people who dont respond to forgiveness in that manner.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I've only got a grudge held against one person, hard to believe. And I'll never forgive him. In other instances, you can forgive but you'll most likely never forget.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
also, i dont think its so much a matter of forgetting but more a matter of moving on

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
No, forgiving is not about the forgiving other person - it's about doing it for yourself.

I wouldn't say forget it, take it & learn from it so you can make sure it doesn't happen again.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
my first relationship screwed me up pretty bad... i've forgiven him, we're still close, but there's no way i'll ever forget about what happened. i've learnt a lot from it o__O

Winston

HSC
I duno... but i'm those type of people, who forget about things the next day, well try my best to at least... and then yeah :D...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The Corrs :p

hehe, but yeah you cant forget something like that so its kinda hard to even be friends with them anymore

Keen

MD
HSC
Be careful about forgiving and don't forget (but don't bring it back up everytime you have an argument - you sort of do have to forget or you'll never move on, if you can't leave the person.
Remember the best predictor of the future is the past unless a dramatic change is made (which usually never occurs after you're 17-18).

K

MoNNiE

HSC
you can't both forgive and forget it's either just forget it even happened and forgive them

one can never forget what happened.. even if you try to distract yourself from thinking it. the best resolution is just to forgive. it's like if someone murdered your i dunno dog,you will in the end have to forgive them. Because if you held a grudge against them for the rest of your life the reason for the hate just doesn't matter any more even if it did hurt you emotionally.
your meant to grow and learn!.. what's the purpose of life then? to hold grudges against people for the rest of your life for something that happened when you were a still adolencent is just illogical... but then again.. you'll always remember that event occured.. even if you try in everyway to forget it - remember the person involved will always hold that burden upon their shoulders for the rest of their life aswell as yours

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yes, but one must accept before they can live a present

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)