For Year 12's!!! (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I found this little thing on the internet.... I Australianized it though (turned Senior year into yr 12, Prom into Grad etc lol)

To the Year 12s--

Year 12 is unlike any other year. Here are a few things you should know..
It won't hit you when you wake up for your last first day of school.

It won't hit you as you walk into the Senior common room for the first time.

It won't hit you when you cheer at your last swimming carnival and attend your last football game.

It won't hit you as you fill out the countless university applications.

It won't hit you as your uni friends return for Christmas break and give you all their advice.

It won't hit you as you celebrate New Year's with the friends you have known since childhood.

You won't feel it when you are having the time of your life at your last summer holidays.

You don't realize it during muck up day, when everyone, no matter what group you are in, goes crazy!

When November finally comes around and you realize that it is your Grad Ball, you don't really feel it when you are there having the time of your life.

You begin to realize it at Graduation when you look around and realize that you will never see half of these people again.

You will begin to see it more over the summer when everyone is getting their results, roommates, class schedules, and going to orientation.

It still hasn't fully hit you when you are sitting in your room packing up the past 18 years of your life, laughing with your best friend about all the stupid stuff you've done.

You might feel it the morning you leave for uni as that it is the last time you will see your room, your parents, and your best friend for like 3 months.

It will finally hit you when you are sitting in your dorm room with a perfect stranger, that you have to live with for the next year.

Please, Please, PLEASE make every moment of year 12 count, you only get to do it once. Uni will be a lot of fun, but in the mean time, jump at every opportunity you get to do anything that you have ever wanted to do. Spend as much time with friends as possible, for it will not be long until you meet new people and inevitably grow apart.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
You begin to realize it at Graduation when you look around and realize that you will never see half of these people again.

[/B]

thats so true. man.. i really dont want year 12 to end...

but i think that quote thing above will have the greatest impact on me, and most ppl too....

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
How true. How fucking true.

The end of year 12 is so bitter-sweet...the last day of school was probably the nicest day of my life (cos everyone in the grade manages to forget about all the little cliques and alliences for a few hours...), but now when I think about it, it makes me feel really sad cos I've lost touch with soooo many people already, and it makes your realise how many good times you wasted during your school life. :( And walking down the aisle to go out the door of your Year 12 Farewell Assembely...don't even get me started on that!

Ahhh, what does the HSC have to come and ruin what would otherwise be the greatest year ever?!

Sam

samboh
HSC
it wasnt all that bad... or so it seemed while it was occurring...
but hey just see it as a new transition in life... yr 12 comes and goes sooo fast u wont know what hit u...
till u get to uni... n get hit hard with assignments and exams...
so yeh enjoy what you've got now... cos when its over its over... n ur life will never be the same again!

Juliet

HSC
I dunno about pathways but, i have seen the girls who have stayed back and are doing pathways. They look so leftout, so.....lost, i see it in their eyes. I can see their pain, they look around the classroom and think ' i don't belong here, i just don't fit in'. Its not like they don't have friends from our year....but its just not the same.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
And walking down the aisle to go out the door of your Year 12 Farewell Assembely...don't even get me started on that!
Ours was soooo dull...I couldn't wait to leave. The moment was totally lost on me :p! Also, I seem to remember that there were trials or something right after that so I just wanted to go!

It was having last classes in each subject, and the final Speech day in December that brought it home to me :).

Ahhh, what does the HSC have to come and ruin what would otherwise be the greatest year ever?!
I thought year 10 was a really great year too, because we were fairly mature but didn't have any HSC worries :). I think that if we all did the SATs the year would be much more relaxed, because you don't need to know too much for those :p.

in a far far away galaxy.... !splat!....hmmm i don
feeling like that now

i'll miss alll the little things i took for granted in my earlier years ( i sound so old!) from the sound of planes ( coz we're under the flight path), the cars zooming on parramatta road, the principle who we like/hate. thanks for sharing that poem.

'tis true tis pity
'tis pity tis true

( or something that sounds like that)
in the great fortian tradition of quoting the old bard

pri

HSC
N/A
Re: feeling like that now

Originally posted by chocolate fairy
i'll miss alll the little things i took for granted in my earlier years ( i sound so old!) from the sound of planes ( coz we're under the flight path), the cars zooming on parramatta road, the principle who we like/hate. thanks for sharing that poem.

Ill miss the random shakespeare quotes in all our speeches, Ill miss the gentle hum of parra road, and Ill also miss the general atmosphere and spirit that my school (fort street) embodies, its quite unique.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
wahahahah

next year when im outta fort

i WONT miss MOXHAM ahahahaha :p

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
The whole of year 12 all you want is for it to be over. At the end of year 12 all you want is for it not to be over. The whole grade seems to come together and share that feeling. We've been thru so much together remember. Our year had a student pass away in year 11 so we all had developed a bond. We promise we'll stay in touch. It can't be that hard can it? Yeah, it is. So many people have lost touch already, its really sad.

Don't let year 12 slip away, it flies, and yu should relish every moment of it year 12. Enjoy!

Crashy19

HSC
wish i read this earlier :(
although i did love year 12 and do a lot
and enjoy it immensley, it really puts it into perspective

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
wow. i don't cry at all. but i ALMOST choked up at that. especially when someone said something about having last classes in each subject. i'll cry then.

i cried so much leaving my old school in year ten, let alone leaving school all together.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
never have i EVER wanted to put on my school uniform on again so badly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)