For those who got an offer into combined law, what was your ATAR? (1 Viewer)

Was your ATAR lower than the combined law cut-off?

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Politic

HSC
N/A
ATARs lower than MQ combined law cut-off?

I'm trying for law in the Final Round and would like to know whether people's ATARs were lower than the MQ combined law cut-off for any of the previous rounds?

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lol what, you can't demand that information of people.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Most likely if you haven't previously gotten in, then they wouldn't be taking people below the cut-off. The main reason they would be taking people under would be that there wasn't the demand they expected and thus wanted to fill those spots. With places de-regulated this year, its a whole new ball game.

Politic

HSC
N/A
Most likely if you haven't previously gotten in, then they wouldn't be taking people below the cut-off. The main reason they would be taking people under would be that there wasn't the demand they expected and thus wanted to fill those spots. With places de-regulated this year, its a whole new ball game.
That's the thing - I was never considered in the Main Round or subsequent rounds because I stupidly put law in a position in my preferences that made it not even looked at. At the time I was happy with the offer I got. I still am pretty happy, but my desire to do law has again triumphed in my mind so I'm trying for Final Round (the first time my law application will be considered). I don't know anyone doing law at MQ so I wouldn't know if they went below the cut-off, hence I tried here.

If all else fails I'll try for internal transfer - that will test my desire to do law over this coming year and whether it can stand the test of time..

EDIT: There are 3 people who say their ATAR was below according to the poll at present...

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
I'll just say that even at UNSW, the genuine cutoff was at least 0.25 below the advertised cutoff (99.65). Chances are that at MQ, it will be even lower.

Politic

HSC
N/A
I'll just say that even at UNSW, the genuine cutoff was at least 0.25 below the advertised cutoff (99.65). Chances are that at MQ, it will be even lower.
The question is how low is "even lower"? I guess I'll find that out on Wednesday..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)