For those Ex 1 students who cant burn english texts till monday 31st (1 Viewer)

missypickles

HSC
i do engx 1 as well- crime fiction. but after next week, i'll only have drama on the very last day, so we're having a bonfire at my friends. anyone else doing something similar?

tabularasa

HSC
leeoh said:
Hey, im on the same boat too... i do crime fiction too.
Are u sure it's one essay and one creative?.... because in the past i've seen 2 essay questions.
1 on genre
and one on genre: Crime fiction.... weird??

And the other thing... everyone else doing crime fiction... do we have to know 3 prescibed texts or 2??...and how many related?

Goodluck to you all.
I'm guessing this is the question neo was reffering to anyway They usually do one essay and one creative that being said the creative is very broad isn;t just a stroy, it can be a feture article whihc u might have to use your texts in i hvae seen questions that arelike essays but in creative. There is very little chance but it still might happen.

I don;t do crime fiction but i do revenge tragedy and it is a genre text usuallyt they ask using two prescribed text and at least one of your own choosing. I tend to have 2 prescribed and 2 related and pair them off. I think that if they specify three it will cause peoples thesis and general discussion of texts to suffer.

-neO-

HSC
tabularasa said:
I'm guessing this is the question neo was reffering to anyway They usually do one essay and one creative that being said the creative is very broad isn;t just a stroy, it can be a feture article whihc u might have to use your texts in i hvae seen questions that arelike essays but in creative. There is very little chance but it still might happen.

I don;t do crime fiction but i do revenge tragedy and it is a genre text usuallyt they ask using two prescribed text and at least one of your own choosing. I tend to have 2 prescribed and 2 related and pair them off. I think that if they specify three it will cause peoples thesis and general discussion of texts to suffer.
Thank you tabularasa, i was initially thinking this was the case aswell it's just our school hasen't exactly been on the ball with Extension lately seeming as only 7 student's from our school do it along with me and leo, its been pretty much run by the class with the instructions of our teacher. Thankyou once again.

illodous

Angels...
HSC
If they dare ask for The Real Inspector Hound... I think I am going to pull every last hair of my foresty legs and mail them to my EE1 teacher for grinding us into The Skull thatiswaitingtocomeoutandscream beneath the Skin and The Big Snooze.

ieatdirt

i want them to ask us to write about all the prescribed texts cos i know all 4 so well. i love the study, i seriously just can't get enough. im actually thinking of writing a letter to the board of studies to complain that there isnt enough work! seriously everyone, who doesn't love the study.. It's what we live for!!!!! i also heard that there's gonna be an extension 3 maths in not this year's hsc, but the one after, i might repeat on purpose for another 2 years so i can stay in school to do more study, and then i can take up extension 3 maths cos i love the study so much. i duno where i'd be without it!!!!!!!

I LOVE THE STUDY! GET IT INTO ME!!!

illodous

Angels...
HSC
ieatdirt said:
i want them to ask us to write about all the prescribed texts cos i know all 4 so well. i love the study, i seriously just can't get enough. im actually thinking of writing a letter to the board of studies to complain that there isnt enough work! seriously everyone, who doesn't love the study.. It's what we live for!!!!! i also heard that there's gonna be an extension 3 maths in not this year's hsc, but the one after, i might repeat on purpose for another 2 years so i can stay in school to do more study, and then i can take up extension 3 maths cos i love the study so much. i duno where i'd be without it!!!!!!!

I LOVE THE STUDY! GET IT INTO ME!!!
Please ... stop typing stupidity.

-neO-

HSC
illodous said:
If they dare ask for The Real Inspector Hound... I think I am going to pull every last hair of my foresty legs and mail them to my EE1 teacher for grinding us into The Skull thatiswaitingtocomeoutandscream beneath the Skin and The Big Snooze.
LOL.. I enjoyed TRIH the most out of the entire selection. TSBTS was the most boring text i think i have ever come accross. So you can minus that from my essay. I just hope it all goes well for everyone.

Last edited:

amy rose

so you guys are just going to prepare 2 prescribed texts then, or prepare a 3rd just in case?

im only cautious because of the thing that happened to the speeches and poems people in the modules paper......it could be a sign that BOS is changing their tune....

-neO-

HSC
amy rose said:
so you guys are just going to prepare 2 prescribed texts then, or prepare a 3rd just in case?

im only cautious because of the thing that happened to the speeches and poems people in the modules paper......it could be a sign that BOS is changing their tune....
Yea well im using 2 and 2 related i doubt we will need to use all 3 it's crazy to do all 3 and then use related in 1hr woah!~

rusty_rouge

HSC
study buddy said:
Ugh, please please please don't jinx it! If you end up being right, i'm totally coming to get you! :p

I'm sorry!!! *knocks so hard on wood desk is about to split*

I reallllllly want a nice exam, especially after MATHEMATICS!!!! ARGH! Enough said. Please, please, please nice extension one paper - essay and story would be PURRRRFECT!

Hehe - we'll all see sooner or later.

HSC
Umm neO, I was under the impression the 'member status' was progressive...lol...not sure.

I agree with everyone that attests to the enjoyment of crime fiction...undoubtedly an interesting genre to study...maybe if I paid more attention I'd be able to apply this intrigue to my creative...lol

I am SO planning a burning escapade after extension..
gl everyone!

-neO-

HSC
phemale_souljah said:
Umm neO, I was under the impression the 'member status' was progressive...lol...not sure.

I agree with everyone that attests to the enjoyment of crime fiction...undoubtedly an interesting genre to study...maybe if I paid more attention I'd be able to apply this intrigue to my creative...lol

I am SO planning a burning escapade after extension..
gl everyone!
O okay thanx! i guess i'll see how long it takes me to get my ranking up. Hahaha a burning escapade sounds good!

evee

HSC
N/A
me too me too! stupid revenge tragedy and medea, why don't they just all kill themselves and stop wasting my time! such a depressing topic~~ can't wait till everything is finished!!!!

-neO-

HSC
knobblett said:
Crime Fiction is the bomb! My class of 6 extension students studied 3, but didn't really care about Anil's Ghost, therefore we have 2 :p The Big Sleep and Houndy... what a great comparison of texts.
They're pwnage material with my related texts......
Good stuff you should be okay for monday!

jepalotamus

yes yes, I still have Eng. Ext 1 to go and then maths ext 1 tomorrow, then next friday i have history ext...so should be great, really looking forward to it all. Although, i have to say english extention was a far better course than just advanced, i do retreat from the global, which was highly satisfying....

rowan brand

the exams so far have scared me into learning everything. Like three poems in advanced, 3U work in teh 2U maths paper... who knows what the BOS will pulll out of their bums this time.

Revenge tragedy
High Noon, Medea and Revengers Tragedty of course

Don Giovanni and Gladiator is related.

I am so stuffed for creative. My stories are always short and sweet. And i cant make them longer... i am an impatient writer....... need lots more practice.

Alll the best with preparation everyone.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
^completely agree

I got bloody scared with english adv asking for three poems so I am closely studying all three of my crime fiction prescribed texts.

1. Big Sleep
2. Skull beneath the shit
3. Real Inspector hound

carlybeth

Funeral Director
HSC
Ah, thank god there's no exam for ext 2 aswell.
I've got three more theory type tests, Eng Ext 1, Society and Culture and Drama, total of 7 more essays...
woohoo.
Lucky I can pick and choose at EXT 1, I've done Revenge Tragedy and Speculative Fiction now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)