For those Ex 1 students who cant burn english texts till monday 31st (1 Viewer)

rowan brand

Boo Hoo

Everyone is celebrating that they can dump english for ever, i felt there needed to be a sympathy thread for those of us facing another 2 hrs opf creative and essays in the form of English Extension 1.

Any more in the same boat?

Me doing module A: genre
Revenge Tragedy

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
I don't do Extension, but I still can't burn my notes, gotta keep them for my brother. Weakk.....

HSC
yeah, ive got ext, and then drama- thats kinda english too, so i have.. ages. and THEN i have to give my notes to my brother on top of that.

(btw, revenge tragedy has GOT to be better than mod B individual and society- i am going to DIE in that exam. so i wont have to do my last four- yay)

jack white

After Hours
HSC
yep, extension for me as well. i hate advanced and love extension so i try to separate them. i treat them as entirely different subjects.the extension exam will be hard but we will get scaled. i'm doing genre: speculative fucking fiction. its not bad in terms of the essay but it is impossible to do a good creative sci-fi/fantasy piece in 1 hour.

i have legal tomorrow, a very very nice change.

Last edited:

bEAbEA

HSC
yeah i've got my ext exam on monday (crime fiction) and then i can't burn my notes coz my sister will need them. But it feels good to put all my advanced notes in my folder and then shove them in a cupboard somewhere...

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
rowan brand said:
Boo Hoo

Everyone is celebrating that they can dump english for ever, i felt there needed to be a sympathy thread for those of us facing another 2 hrs opf creative and essays in the form of English Extension 1.

Any more in the same boat?

Me doing module A: genre
Revenge Tragedy
im in same boat.. people were going "yes, no more english forever", but sadly i have engx as well.. i do retreat from the global, 2 more hours!!! we can do it!!

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
biggest anti-climax in the world.

everyone around me in the exam room: "hooray never have to do english again!"

me: "get fucked. i hate you all"

and im usually a very chirpy nice person.

cant wait to run over my postmodernism folder repeatedly with my car on the muddiest most pot-holey road i can find. should be fan-fucking-tastic. bring on extension 1, can't wait to see the binder snap.

however, ripping essay plans off my walls for journeys and modules was excellent pre-therapy... but sadly, much like a guy who has a problem with premature ejactulation being coupled with a girl who want to go at it for hours - all fun and games until theres nothing left :(

but needless to say, shredding my gwen whorewood collection of poems was deeply satisfying...

floerr

Revenge

Yes i 2 have the extension 1 curse upon me.
Module A: Genre: Revenge Tragedy
I have this urge to write a creative on getting revene on the board of studies.
I get now why people always make their creative writing about their hsc, its cos theres nothing else going through your mind...other than the caffiene :|
:) enjoy the rest of your exams and good luck!!!!

ztrask02

Professional Expert
HSC
Yes. I'd just like to vent some spleen.

Extension 1

Extension one is the worst subject I have seen since year 10 commerce. We got so bored we played 2up with a pencil case.
This load of rubbish that they call a subject (I do the individual and society and I'm male, can you tell?) eats proverbial... no, real dick.
In year 11 semester 1 I got 40%. Thats the first exam I'd ever failed. Ridiculous.
I swear, if I ever so much as hear anything mentioned about the individual in the nineteenth-god-damn-century, heads will roll.

Extension 2

Extension 2 is my love child. No exams, and it was all forgotten about in August. That has got to be the sweetest type of subject. I left it all until the last month, and the logbook until the last two nights. Then I did "extreme logbook" which involved tossing it from high places and running it over with wheely bins to simulate Tender Loving Care. I love extension 2.

Yeah, thanks for your time.

ishq

brown?
HSC
Damn Extension.

Is it too late to drop? This euphoric "No English!" mood is taking over me... :D

jenroxursox

HSC
yeah im just like most of you... i do ext 1: crime fiction... and then i gotta hang around till the last day of exams for drama... which is gonna be utterly boring anyway... the whole idea of the HSC is fucked... put the major ones in the first week or so and watch how the students get fucked up

cheekyT

fallovachick said:
yeah i know the feeling damn ext why did i pick it yeah im doin module A: genre crime fiction so much fun (NOT) cant wait till its all over then it is goin str8 to hell! lol
i sooo kno how you feel we are doing crime fiction as well and its a really boring unit compared to the others hey!

cheekyT

Tru About Ext 2

ztrask02 said:
Yes. I'd just like to vent some spleen.

Extension 1

Extension one is the worst subject I have seen since year 10 commerce. We got so bored we played 2up with a pencil case.
This load of rubbish that they call a subject (I do the individual and society and I'm male, can you tell?) eats proverbial... no, real dick.
In year 11 semester 1 I got 40%. Thats the first exam I'd ever failed. Ridiculous.
I swear, if I ever so much as hear anything mentioned about the individual in the nineteenth-god-damn-century, heads will roll.

Extension 2

Extension 2 is my love child. No exams, and it was all forgotten about in August. That has got to be the sweetest type of subject. I left it all until the last month, and the logbook until the last two nights. Then I did "extreme logbook" which involved tossing it from high places and running it over with wheely bins to simulate Tender Loving Care. I love extension 2.

Yeah, thanks for your time.
yeah i agree with u about ext 2 and like my WHOLE class failed ext 1 in yr 11 they marked it really harshly!

toddy_

HSC
jack white said:
yep, extension for me as well. i hate advanced and love extension so i try to separate them. i treat them as entirely different subjects.
thats exactly what i do. english advanced is so ridiculous, i really really hate it (except for the RAGAD and Hamlet Module)..its so boring and irritating...but ext 1 is great. im really not worried about the exam either because i think they are generally a lot nice than advanced papers. plus, weve been working all year on the once topic area, whereas in adv we have to do 4 different areas..so really we should all be fine.

adv = death
ext = brilliance

flying_dragon

HSC
Nah, I enjoy extension...probs because i'm studying something I like, rather than something I'm being forced to study

I'm doing Genre (Spec Fic), and I love it; I find it heaps easier and far more interesting than Advanced...

Yeh I totally agree with you on Extension 2...but man it'd be sweet if they did it like maths, where 4unit students dont sit the 2unit exam...

The funny thing is, my major work is supposed to be all serious and factual, so as it turns out, my logbook is more a work of fiction than the major work...

Last edited:

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
i do ext 1......individual and society. its so boring....and im having a little prob finding a suitable relatec ext.....ah ill find one. dammit....can't wait till english is over forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)