For the 1st year students (1 Viewer)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
talent? dude i wont be at uni till next monday mate. what days you there this sem?
do jappos with me man... dont make me a nigel.

Phanatic

HSC
nixy_00 said:
ok im so lost, im a non award student right, im doing australian media, aus politics, intro to english and linguistics...do i have tuts in the first week? i have no idea hjow to read the handbook thing
Hi nixy, I can confirm that Australian Media (MAS104) DEFINATELY has tutorials in the first week. I'm actually tutoring in it - the first week's tute is really a "getting to know your class and your course" session - pretty relaxed, but VERY important for first years!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You're joking :|

Haha, oh sif you need that for MAS104 :p

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Phanatic said:
Hi nixy, I can confirm that Australian Media (MAS104) DEFINATELY has tutorials in the first week. I'm actually tutoring in it - the first week's tute is really a "getting to know your class and your course" session - pretty relaxed, but VERY important for first years!
what if your a 5th year student and studying mas because you need to accumulate some cp?

buddys

HSC
knobblett said:
Any idea if POL 165 is full? Cause i'm hoping to chop and change around...
from looking at estudent...there is prob bout 15 tutorial sposts left...so i think its safe to assume there is still some seats to fill (unless people havnt enrolled into tutorial???)

lmnopq

HSC
Ok so i know there are no tutes in week 1.... what about pracs? My first class for this year is a STAT170 prac and i'm not sure if i'm supposed to go... i've never had a prac before

buddys

HSC
there were not tutes or pracs for STAT170 last semester...so i doubt there will be any this week.

H?

buddy
HSC
lmnopq said:
Ok so i know there are no tutes in week 1.... what about pracs? My first class for this year is a STAT170 prac and i'm not sure if i'm supposed to go... i've never had a prac before
I don't think there are - I thought I saw a sign in ERIC saying that there are no tutes/pracs for STAT170 in the first week.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
for anyone still wondering about tutes and pracs it's a good idea to check the unit webpage or webct as some lecturers have started updating with messages or have linked the unit outline which says whether there are tutes in the first week.

CieL

HSC
lmnopq said:
Which prac are you enrolled in?
Monday @ 11am?

Tabris

HSC
CieL said:
Which prac are you enrolled in?
Monday @ 11am?
STAT170's prac is not really worth it, it is basically a session in the computer labs where use excel to calculate and answer the questions in the webct.

Heres the catch, if u have a computer at home with internet connection and MS excel, u dont need to goto Prac's because u can do it at home or anytime else, besides, a usual prac will last about 30-20 min if u know what u are doing. U get more than 1 attempt so if u get a bad mark first time around u can try again (but with different figures). They also dont mark the role so it doesnt matter.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Um do we need to go practicals in the first week? Is it like tutorials nothin much until second week?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
If your referring to stat pracs i found that its pretty useless since all the work could be done at home.

i had a prac today so i assume some are on

lmnopq

HSC
no my prac is on monday at 10... but i think my whole timetable will be changing. stupid academic advisor gave me the wrong info, now i have too many 100 level units or something SO CONFUSING!... trying to figure it all out right now.. if i can't then i will start a thread on it to get some much needed advice...

sly fly

HSC
Well, I thought there were no tutes in the first week (as my philosophy and politics lecturers confirmed). It turns out that there were tutes for law :eek: .....I missed my first law tute :( So, be sure to check each unit before assuming you don't have any tutes for anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)