Football - Summer Transfers (1 Viewer)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I think their worst mistake was sacking Capello, who brought in a strong defensive unit, now they look mediocre in defence
No. The sacking of Del Bosque was.

I'd have to admit, it's kinda of a relief that this transfer thing is over, but at the same time, it's also sad to see a great player leave us. It was always going to happen, we knew it would happen. 80million pounds? That's a massive amount and we can buy 3 or 4 players with that amount.

I can say a lot more but I'm tired so I'll leave it for now. All I wanna say is thanks for the memories and thanks for the money. Goodbye and good luck. Just don't act like a kunt when you come back to Old Trafford to play us.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Utd supporters saying they won't miss Ronaldo are delusional. He is irreplaceable for them. In many ways, he has papered over cracks not fixed since RVN left for Madrid. He scored a lot of vital goals for Utd. Rooney cannot shoulder the load on his own and with Tevez out the door, Berbatov sure as hell can't score 30 goals a season.

I don't really rate Ribery as a viable replacement. Decent player but not worth anything more than what Wenger paid for Arshavin imo. Utd will no doubt pay over for Ribery as Bayern will play hardball and Fergie's wad of cash will burn a hole in his pocket.

Imo Fergie should be after Villa and Silva in a Valenica firesale. If Benitez gets to these two players first then I think that is enough to give Liverpool the title. Torres and Villa up front and a midfield of Gerrard-Alonso-Mascherano-Silva is the equal of Utd's, indeed, probably superior. Liverpool drove Utd to within four points with Torres missing half the season and Ronaldo scoring a lot of crucial goals for Utd.

In saying all this, like Mourinho, Ronaldo may be a bit of a twat but his absence is a loss for the league.
Cracks not fixed since RVN left for Madrid? I don't know what you're talking about but we never missed Ruud. If you remember correctly since he's left we've won 3 leagues in a row, with a European Cup in between. If you're saying that Ronaldo is the reason why Ruud wasn't missed then that's not quite right either, because Rooney and Saha and Ronaldo were all instrumental in our title charge in 06/07.

You don't rate Ribery? He was the only one good enough playing for Bayern this season, and the only one good enough for France in last year's Euro. If you've watched him play frequently you'll see that Ribery is devastating. Perez was going to buy him if they had not been successful with Ronaldo. Fergie would not be stupid enough to sell off Ronaldo without already having a replacement lined up. This can be Valencia or Ribery.

I don't think we'll end up getting Villa and Silva. It'd be great if we can get one of them though. And Liverpool won't get them either, unless they sell off Alonso for big money to Real Madrid.

Let's have a look at Real Madrid's line up.

Raul, Van Nistelrooy, Higuain, Huntelaar, Kaka, Ronaldo, Sneijder, Van der Vart, Robben. And that's just the attacking players! Like Barcelona's financial officer, I'm amazed at Madrid's spending power. Where on earth did they get all that money from? In this economic climate too? What kind of financial institution would lend a football club such money? Either some super rich aristocrat who bankrolled Perez to his presidency is backing such moves or Perez is taking a major gamble.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
The portugal bit is because its fairly common there for the boys growing up in the poorer areas of portugal (and other south american countries) to idolise playing for madrid, that is its their boyhood dream.
Portugal is in Europe.

Charizard

HSC
Utd supporters saying they won't miss Ronaldo are delusional. He is irreplaceable for them. In many ways, he has papered over cracks not fixed since RVN left for Madrid. He scored a lot of vital goals for Utd. Rooney cannot shoulder the load on his own and with Tevez out the door, Berbatov sure as hell can't score 30 goals a season.

I don't really rate Ribery as a viable replacement. Decent player but not worth anything more than what Wenger paid for Arshavin imo. Utd will no doubt pay over for Ribery as Bayern will play hardball and Fergie's wad of cash will burn a hole in his pocket.

Imo Fergie should be after Villa and Silva in a Valenica firesale. If Benitez gets to these two players first then I think that is enough to give Liverpool the title. Torres and Villa up front and a midfield of Gerrard-Alonso-Mascherano-Silva is the equal of Utd's, indeed, probably superior. Liverpool drove Utd to within four points with Torres missing half the season and Ronaldo scoring a lot of crucial goals for Utd.

In saying all this, like Mourinho, Ronaldo may be a bit of a twat but his absence is a loss for the league.
RVN has not really been missed. Rooney when actually played a proper striker and not left wing is fucking devestating, and Berbatov has scored an average of around 25 goals a year since 2005/05.

Ribery is brilliant, just a matter of whether he would be brilliant in the EPL.

Liverpool no way can afford silva or villa, silva would probably cost 40 million or more and villa 35. Liverpool have virtually no money.

he'll only be missed if manchester go shit next season, otherwise the cunt will be forgotten in 6 months time.

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
United is ever moving, and doesn't stop for anyone. We lost Cantona, and went on to win. We lost Beckham, and went on to win. We lost Keane, and went on to win. Any one that is not 100% committed can leave, so, thanks for the memories, goodbye, and good riddance.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
RVN has not really been missed. Rooney when actually played a proper striker and not left wing is fucking devestating, and Berbatov has scored an average of around 25 goals a year since 2005/05.

Ribery is brilliant, just a matter of whether he would be brilliant in the EPL.

Liverpool no way can afford silva or villa, silva would probably cost 40 million or more and villa 35. Liverpool have virtually no money.

he'll only be missed if manchester go shit next season, otherwise the cunt will be forgotten in 6 months time.
I reckon Liverpool could get both for 40 mill. Valencia aren't in a position to negotiate.

Bahrosa-LFC

HSC
I'm glad the pissant Ronaldo left, but they could do a lot with 80m. Above all what I'm happy about the most is that Real should be pennyless after their last 2 buys and therefore they could leave Xabi Alonso alone.
Alonso will stay.

1. Barry to City (there goes his 'replacement')
2. Madrid buy Kaka (50 m gone from Madrid's kitty)
3. Ronaldo offloaded to Real (another 80m and there is no way they would be able to get Alonso)

Now my heart is set on that issue, I'm becoming a little more worried about Barcelona wanting Mascherano, and there's even talk of Barca eyeing Yossi.

I don't know what happened to the money Rafa made from the sale of Keane in January. With our f***ed up Yank owners at the helm, i fear we won't have much to spend on a big transfer. I think Silva would come if he were offered around 25 m pounds.

I want to see Silva over Tevez or Villa. Torres is better as a lone striker IMO.

HSC
I'm glad the pissant Ronaldo left, but they could do a lot with 80m. Above all what I'm happy about the most is that Real should be pennyless after their last 2 buys and therefore they could leave Xabi Alonso alone.
Alonso will stay.

1. Barry to City (there goes his 'replacement')
2. Madrid buy Kaka (50 m gone from Madrid's kitty)
3. Ronaldo offloaded to Real (another 80m and there is no way they would be able to get Alonso)

Now my heart is set on that issue, I'm becoming a little more worried about Barcelona wanting Mascherano, and there's even talk of Barca eyeing Yossi.

I don't know what happened to the money Rafa made from the sale of Keane in January. With our f***ed up Yank owners at the helm, i fear we won't have much to spend on a big transfer. I think Silva would come if he were offered around 25 m pounds.

I want to see Silva over Tevez or Villa. Torres is better as a lone striker IMO.
lol

you think RM won't sell anyone?

even if they didn't... real madrid never run out of money.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
lol i hear reports that villa is going to RM for i think it was something around 30 million pounds?

HSC
record deal.

man u shouldn't have let him go easily, but eh, whatevs
he wanted to leave..he has won everything he could have with man utd (except for the fa cup)

but as a utd supporter, i was disapointed to see him leave but the transfer looked inevitable once RM persisted with the move..

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
celtic are going to miss out on Sylvinho now that we dont have strachan as manager

though we might get steven fletcher which would be stupid since we have enough strikers though vennegor might go back to psv soon, and a few epl teams might bid for mcdonald again

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
ronaldo is irreplaceable in the short term. how do you define his role?

im curious to see what sir alex comes up with.

and silva won't cost more than villa, for any EPL club that pays more than 20-25 million for silva is taking a gamble.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
i read somewhere that kaka was really excited with ronaldo's transfer. might've convinced him that he wasn't the annual token buy and that madrid mean business.

el clasico will be unbelievable.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I reckon Liverpool could get both for 40 mill. Valencia aren't in a position to negotiate.
Villa is going to Real Madrid. It's been confirmed by both parties that talks are underway. Even Chelsea's scout in Spain confirmed that talks between the clubs are at an advanced stage. Liverpool won't get him. Villa was always going to go to Madrid, just like Kaka, just like Ronaldo.

Alonso will stay.
The Real Madrid spending will not stop just yet. Kaka + Ronaldo + Villa is just the beginning. They have 300million euros to spend, of course they can still buy Alonso. It really depends on whether Alonso wants to leave. If he is, then I can see Benitez shipping him off, considering the amount of money Madrid is willing to offer.

As I said, Real Madrid have ridiculous amounts of money to spend. I really wanna hear Perez's explanation on where that money comes from.

Charizard

HSC
ronaldo is irreplaceable in the short term. how do you define his role?

im curious to see what sir alex comes up with.

and silva won't cost more than villa, for any EPL club that pays more than 20-25 million for silva is taking a gamble.
Valencia have said they are not selling silva unless they receive a stupid mega bid of like 50 or more million. Where was villa will probably cost madrid something like 35-40.

Charizard

HSC
MAnchester have made bids for Wigan's Valencia.

Havent seen a lot of him, but is he really a good enough replacement on the wing ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)