Food and drinks allowed in HSC exams??? (1 Viewer)

sunshine08

HSC
I was wondering if we are permitted to take food and drink into HSC exams. I've looked on the Board of Studies website and I haven't been able to find anything that says we can or can't take drink bottles and food into exams.
I think I may have read somewhere that people with diabetes and other medical conditions are only allowed food, with special permission, but nothing about drinks.

I'm asking this because in most of my exams, I take a drink bottle with cordial into the exam room and am wondering if I can do this for the HSC.

Whatever.

HSC
I was wondering if we are permitted to take food and drink into HSC exams. I've looked on the Board of Studies website and I haven't been able to find anything that says we can or can't take drink bottles and food into exams.
I think I may have read somewhere that people with diabetes and other medical conditions are only allowed food, with special permission, but nothing about drinks.

I'm asking this because in most of my exams, I take a drink bottle with cordial into the exam room and am wondering if I can do this for the HSC.

I think its a CLEAR (no labels or anything) water bottle, but i'm pretty sure you need special consideration to take food in.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
you are allowed to bring in a clear water bottle with only water in it. i swear this has been answered a million times before.

Rainie

HSC
You can bring sweets. As long as they don't make a huge sound when unwrapping. And make sure the sweets you bring dont disturb others when you chew it. No chewing gum is permitted :lol: The sweets must also be in a clear wrapper/container and visible from the outside so the examiners can check. I was told a roll of Lifesavers work =/

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I was a bit sick during one of my exams and they let me take strepsils in- after carefully examining them.

If you have diabetes or whatever and need to eat every few hours im pretty sure you can apply for special consideration to take in food.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
But water in = water out... Do they let you go to the toilet for a 3 hour exam :S

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Hmm, how do they stop one from cheating/looking at their notes then
Most schools inspect the toilets to make sure nothing is hidden. But its been done before, and its likely to be done again. The top students don't need to cheat anyway.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Hmm, how do they stop one from cheating/looking at their notes then :|
They make sure you don't have any with you when you come in, the toilets are checked and someone goes with you when you need to use the bathroom. lol, did you seriously think they didn't let people go to the toilet?

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
they stand outside like listening intently.

what happens if you need to change a tampon? that could prove awkward haha.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
they stand outside like listening intently.

what happens if you need to change a tampon? that could prove awkward haha.
In that case, write your notes on the toilet paper? hahaha. No crumbling sounds etc XD

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I was a bit sick during one of my exams and they let me take strepsils in- after carefully examining them.

If you have diabetes or whatever and need to eat every few hours im pretty sure you can apply for special consideration to take in food.

Students with diabetes get special provisions so that they can check their glucose levels, eat, drink, go to the toilet etc. The time taken to do those things (except maybe going to the toilet as all students can do that) is taken into account when determining their finishing time e.g. if it takes 20 minutes to get their glucose levels to normal then they end the exam 20 minutes after everyone else. They have separate supervision of course. If they don't have that then they can't do anything that other students can't do.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

The answer you are looking for is in the Rules and Procedures booklet for the HSC 2009 which you would have received as well as being available at http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/hsc-rules-procedures-09.pdf p. 15.

tashisthebest

HSC
OK. me and some of my friends were going 2 put vodka and water in a bottle n take it in for our last exam..
is their any chance of us getting caught, if we do how much shit would we be in?

K

khorne

why would you fuck up 13 years of schooling, just for a crap gag? You'd probably have your hsc results for that test scraped.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You wouldn't get caught, but there's no point to what your doing.

BTW: If your going to do it, don't mix the vodka with water. Drink it straight, and nail that creative writing section.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)