Florida nightclub shooting: 50 killed and 53 injured in 'act of terror' (1 Viewer)

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
The real cause of the problem are the terrorists being terrorists.

If your housemate leaves your front door unlocked and you get burgled, it's still the burglar's fault

There had to be islamic radicals and islamic radicalism in order for the US to allow it to arise
Yes that is definitely a problem...but going to means to blaming all muslims for it just creates more problems.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes that is definitely a problem...but going to means to blaming all muslims for it just creates more problems.
Who said anything about blaming the all those who worship a cult (even though these people are below the bell curve)... The ideology is poison, worse than poison, it's cancer...

Last edited:

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
No one is blaming all muslims here. But it is quite ignorant to say that religion had nothing to do with the shooters motives. It's a bit rich to say 'this has nothing to do with islam' when every islamic nation has crimes against homosexuality and some even having death.

Malaysia even used their sodomy laws as a political weapon against political opposition. If you look at malaysia's neighbours who aren't muslim... Guess how many have anti-gay laws.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-...-sentenced-to-five-years'-jail-sodomy/6082574

I bet you racist motherfuckers first thought the shooter was some hick redneck. who has prejudice now looooooooooool.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A

7 mins show that the general muslim attitudes, unless you're going to claim they're all extremists and radicals.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
wtf, I didn't even blame all muslims you dopey prick, I literally just blamed the muslims involved

and why does blaming all muslims "create more problems"? The fact that muslims are so easily radicalized proves that they're inherntly problematic

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Between 1980 - 2005

Muslims in America were over 13 times more likely to commit a terrorist attack than non-muslims

62 times more people were killed in terrorist attacks in america by muslims than right-wing extremists

Kreisler

HSC
Islam is indeed a problem in our modern world. Muslims definitely need to consider a reformation and a rewrite of the Quran. If we continue to be soft in the matters of this issue and shifting towards the politically correct views our current Western world will fail and plunge into darkness.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Can everyone please keep on topic.

I'd also like to point out that as Australians we do not have protected "freedom of speech" for the most part.

Last edited:

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC

I'd also like to point out that as Australians we do not have protected "freedom of speech" for the most part.
I bet these people call "911" for an emergency too.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think it's totally free speech in the American sense though is it? You can still get prosecuted for hate speech in Australia.
Yeah you can.

But you'll most likely lose your job and get vile chucked at you from social media before that happens.

That's if you say something which is "offensive" and non PC.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Yes we do. We have an implied constitutional right to political communication.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/journa...d.cgi/download/au/journals/JCULRev/2005/5.pdf

lrn2law
Although Australian law does not have an express guarantee of free
speech
, the High Court has acknowledged in various decisions
that an implied freedom of communication exists under the Constitution in
relation to political and government matters.

>Pulls up a document
>Decides not to read it
>Makes an argument
>"lrn2law"

holy shit what a joke LOL

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
I don't think it's totally free speech in the American sense though is it? You can still get prosecuted for hate speech in Australia.
Offensive language and conduct s4 summary offense act.

calling for deaths of jews would fall under hate speech

holocaust denial would not fall under hate speech. It's a political communication about a certain issue.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Although Australian law does not have an express guarantee of free
speech
, the High Court has acknowledged in various decisions
that an implied freedom of communication exists under the Constitution in
relation to political and government matters.

>Pulls up a document
>Decides not to read it
>Makes an argument
>"lrn2law"

holy shit what a joke LOL
you realize what stormfronters argue is related to a political matter right? gg n00b. Otherwise pauline hanson would've been charged for 'hate speech' a long time ago.

since you quoted my post, you do realize i never said we have a guaranteed free speech right? dumb fuck i said we have an implied right to political communication.

Orwell

HSC
It's only a matter of time before we are coerced to make holocaust denial illegal as seen in other countries.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/journa...d.cgi/download/au/journals/JCULRev/2005/5.pdf

lrn2law

you realize what stormfronters argue is related to a political matter right? gg n00b. Otherwise pauline hanson would've been charged for 'hate speech' a long time ago.

since you quoted my post, you do realize i never said we have a guaranteed free speech right? dumb fuck i said we have an implied right to political communication.
"Yes we do" The fuck are those words meant to mean? LOL. Political communication =/= free speech sigh. So don't say "Yes we do" and then instantly contradict yourself bro. Poor form. Yes the link you sent already affirms that political communucation is implied, not sure when I said it wasn't?

Your arguments are so faulty LOL please don't debate.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad

lrn2law
NO! the implied right to freedom political communication does NOT! imply a right to free speech...

How do you define political communication? By interpreting common law (which is usually, whether it is defined as a political issue or not), determines whether you would be protected by the implied right to political communication or whether or not you will be chased for vilifying others...

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the implied right to freedom of political communication is adequate also...

I'd like to think people have more common sense and take a more holistic view of the religion of Islam itself and look outside the parameters of Terrorism... A religion that condones and practices: blatant sexism, homophobia, feudalistic rule, intolerance, etc, clearly has no merit to be humoured by Western culture... Terrorism is more the "cherry on top of the cake," so to speak...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)