Florida nightclub shooting: 50 killed and 53 injured in 'act of terror' (1 Viewer)

Flop21

HSC
Pretty sure he was .
I don't think so.

Just because he was born into a family and society that was Christian, doesn't make what he did because of Christianity. He never declared his actions because of his religion, like others sometimes clearly do.

There's a whole lot of quotes here demonstrating he in fact hated it:

https://conservativecolloquium.wordpress.com/2008/12/14/hitlers-war-on-christianity-quotes/

Not sure how reliable, cbf to do any research on this soz.

Comensite

HSC
sori

4giv pls
Allahu Akbar! My radical Imam came into my room to bring me a plate of Hummus and I literally screamed at him and hit the hummus out of his hand. He started yelling at me, gave me 50 lashes for disrespecting him, and threatened to throw me off a building if I kept acting so homosexual. He glared at me as I sat shivering in the corner and then he left, closing the door behind him. I'm so distressed and starving from Ramadan right now that I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my Imam but I'm literally in shock from the results tonight. I feel like going on a suicide mission. I want the whole world to be Muslim. I want to be a good, faithful servant to Islam and get my 72 virgins in heaven.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Allahu Akbar! My radical Imam came into my room to bring me a plate of Hummus and I literally screamed at him and hit the hummus out of his hand. He started yelling at me, gave me 50 lashes for disrespecting him, and threatened to throw me off a building if I kept acting so homosexual. He glared at me as I sat shivering in the corner and then he left, closing the door behind him. I'm so distressed and starving from Ramadan right now that I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my Imam but I'm literally in shock from the results tonight. I feel like going on a suicide mission. I want the whole world to be Muslim. I want to be a good, faithful servant to Islam and get my 72 virgins in heaven.
ok

Red_of_Head

HSC
I don't think it's really accurate to call the Nazis Christian in the same way ISIS is called Muslim.

They definitely used some Christian rhetoric in their propaganda (e.g. "Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."). But I believe it was more opportunism, exploiting the fact that a large number of German people were Christians.

There was opposition to what the Nazis were doing from a lot of Christians, notably the Catholic Church and the Confessing Church.

There were attempts to nazify Christianity. You can see this in "Positive Christianity", and Nazi claims of Jesus' Aryan heritage.

There were high-ranking Christian members of the Nazi Party, but there were also high-ranking anti-theists and pagans. There were Muslims in the SS.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
I don't think it's really accurate to call the Nazis Christian in the same way ISIS is called Muslim.

They definitely used some Christian rhetoric in their propaganda (e.g. "Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."). But I believe it was more opportunism, exploiting the fact that a large number of German people were Christians.

There was opposition to what the Nazis were doing from a lot of Christians, notably the Catholic Church and the Confessing Church.

There were attempts to nazify Christianity. You can see this in "Positive Christianity", and Nazi claims of Jesus' Aryan heritage.

There were high-ranking Christian members of the Nazi Party, but there were also high-ranking anti-theists and pagans. There were Muslims in the SS.
There were Ukranians in the SS doesn't mean much. Nazis needed to grab people as fodder.

The entire plan for Nazi germany was to get rid of christianity and implement german paganism as it's religion. They were hardly motivated by christian beliefs. Come on, the swastika is completely foreign to christianity, they say it as a 'symbol of the son'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_aspects_of_Nazism

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Why should they?
Should Christians be apologising for the actions of the Nazis and their genocide of Jews?
Funny, considering hitler persecuted the catholic church. He deeply resented Christianity.

Should Christians be apologising for the actions of Serb militias and their massacre of Bosniaks like at Srebrenica?
No, because they did nothing wrong.

Should Muslims be apologising for the actions of the Ottomans and their genocide of Armenians?
They should start by at least fucking ACKNOWLEDGING it.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
So is anyone going to apologize for falsely blaming 1.7 billion people ? Don't worry you don't have to :)
Nobody has blamed 1.7 billion people you fucking idiot.

By the way though, the majority of muslims in the world support the criminalization of homosexuals so they do in fact have a violently homophobic ideology.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I understand what you are saying about the percentage of people that are muslim in the US, but my counterpoint was that America doesn't represent the world in general. Also saying that muslims cause more than 22.5 % of the worlds terrorism is a misrepresentation- I cannot find an exact statistic for the entire at this moment (macbeth essay tommorow is my main focus atm), but muslim terrorism in Europe is less than 2 %. There was a source that I did find, but I could not verify its authenticity.
The majority of european terrorists are muslim and the majority of europeans are not muslim. Muslims are vastly, VASTLY overrepresented in European terrorism.

Secondly, it's not a misrepresentation at all, you just don't know what you're talking about.

From the NCTC:

Also, historically gays have been prosecuted to a very large extent by christian authorities (burn at the stake foul witches!- history is fun sometimes). I believe that there are still currently christian african nations that persecute homosexuality.
Yeah, but nobody is going around saying It's not christianity.

Also I believe that it is unfair to call those people you speak about apologists- they have a perfectly valid reason. (In case you would like to continue to debate on this topic, please leave a reply ^^ I am more than willing to continue discussing it tommorow.)
Islamic scripture and theologians make it very clear that homosexuals deserve such treatment in the eyes of allah.

Drsoccerball

HSC
Id just like to say that of course homosexuality isn't allowed in Islam and of course I'm against homosexuality. But I also identify the fact that some men are born more feminine than others so they might have homosexual tendencies. It's up to them what they want to do in the privacy of their own homes like it's up to me whether I pray, whether I fast etc... and I have no right to harm them in any way according to Islamic law ( Which the name has been misused and destroyed). I have a few gay friends and you don't see me trying to hurt them, kill them etc... In fact I don't even throw as little as one insult.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Id just like to say that of course homosexuality isn't allowed in Islam and of course I'm against homosexuality. But I also identify the fact that some men are born more feminine than others so they might have homosexual tendencies. It's up to them what they want to do in the privacy of their own homes like it's up to me whether I pray, whether I fast etc... and I have no right to harm them in any way according to Islamic law ( Which the name has been misused and destroyed). I have a few gay friends and you don't see me trying to hurt them, kill them etc... In fact I don't even throw as little as one insult.
good for you, but the majority of the world's muslims support the criminalisation of homosexuality

Red_of_Head

HSC
There were Ukranians in the SS doesn't mean much. Nazis needed to grab people as fodder.
That was my point.

isildurrrr said:
The entire plan for Nazi germany was to get rid of christianity and implement german paganism as it's religion. They were hardly motivated by christian beliefs. Come on, the swastika is completely foreign to christianity, they say it as a 'symbol of the son'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_aspects_of_Nazism
They weren't a Christian movement, but there were definitely attempts to co-opt it. Wehrmacht soldiers marched with "God With Us" on their belts. The German Christians supported the Nazi Party, and the Nazis likewise endorsed them. The Nazis replaced quite a few German bishops with more sympathetic ones. The Nazi Party program contained: "The Party as such advocates the standpoint of a positive Christianity without binding itself confessionally to any one denomination." Positive Christianity in this case being the bastardisation of Christianity with Nazi ideology.

AFAIK in regards to paganism, it was only used in imagery and to develop the cult of personality around Hitler. Rosenberg and Himmler were the two most notable pagans, and Hitler called their beliefs "nonsense".

From that wikipedia article you linked, in reference to Hitler: "he could see the political worthlessness of paganism in Christian Germany".

Last edited:

sinophile

HSC
N/A
I didn't say to take away, just make them harder to get. Of course recalling would be impossible.
yeah and im saying that america fucked themselves into a situation where making it harder to get would just lead to ordinary people being more vulnerable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)