first year uni (1 Viewer)

alfonso22

HSC
i'm a first yeaer and i'm just wondering,.. does uni get any easier and more laid back after first year>?

because right now it seems pretty hectic:S

P

pLuvia

It won't get laid back (not for me anyway), more like you will get use to uni life :p

Kegs

HSC
It depends. If you want to do really well, then no. If you are happy to get a degree and then a job and be middle of the road, then yeah, it gets much easier. I would go as far as to say uni is by far the easiest time I have had since year 4. There is work, but then there is just so much social time. Get on it!

I dont really think I answered your question...

CieL

HSC
First year only seems hektic because you're still adjusting.
Once you get the gist of it you'll be fine.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
alfonso22 said:
i'm a first yeaer and i'm just wondering,.. does uni get any easier and more laid back after first year>?

To add, chances are your timetable will become better as you go along, depending on the course that you do, which might make uni seem easier later. Contrary to that, the work does get harder, so it evens out :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
alfonso22 said:

Undergrad was a joke for me rofl, only way I kept busy was to do more subjects and overload so I didn't get lazy

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
it's the pressure and stress that makes uni fun =D

iwannarock

HSC
i'm 5th year law and i go one day a week.

it gets easier.

but like what has been said........if you actually want to do well......it only gets harder.

if you're happy to waste away a degree like me with awful marks.......its like uni doesnt even exist.

:santa:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
If you want HD's it gets harder. If you are smart enough you can get D's relatively easily... I consider than to be doing well.

ippie

HSC
I'm first year too and it seems alright. Most days I can afford to procrastinate and be lazy, and I still wouldn't be behind much.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
In my experience Uni doesn't get easier if you want to maintain a good mark - if your in a degree that requires further study (e.g., honours year and postgrad), then Uni will continue to be hard if you want to scrape into the higher degrees. On the other hand, the hardest thing about 1st year is adjusting - in that sense 1st year has it's own difficulties that disappear eventually.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I've found my marks etc have improved with time. You adjust and it becomes second nature. I've been also told they mark hard in first year to sort out the men from the boys and weed out those who are just wasting the uni's time...this does work.

Stick with it, it will get easier.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Cyan_phoeniX said:
In my experience Uni doesn't get easier if you want to maintain a good mark - if your in a degree that requires further study (e.g., honours year and postgrad), then Uni will continue to be hard if you want to scrape into the higher degrees. On the other hand, the hardest thing about 1st year is adjusting - in that sense 1st year has it's own difficulties that disappear eventually.
Scraped in by 0.1 GPA /flex

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
Scraped in by 0.1 GPA /flex
But if I recall you got high marks in the later years in subjects that were very media-like? If so, that's the main thing that matters and that will probably give you the edge over people who got a higher gpa because of early year units or unrelated units.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Rofl yeah pretty much, by the end of it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)