First, second and third round offers & tranfering (1 Viewer)

Nick1993

HSC
Hey I just wanted to know what's the deal with theses round offers? I got 74.45 and the course I wanted to do at Mac (eBusiness) requires 74.10, someone told me there's a chance I can't get in? Also I was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to transfer between courses in Macq I want to transfer to Business Administration (Required 84.6).

oisac

HSC
taht person is wrong :S the cut off might change, but bonus points on top of your atar is enough and to transfer to business admin i beleive takes a minimum of one year and the necesary marks to transfer.

D94

HSC
N/A
Yes, there is a chance that you won't be given a first round offer for that course. We don't know the cutoff for 2012, as that given cutoff was for last year. It could increase, it could decrease. Even with bonus points, it may not be enough because we don't know the cutoff.

Nick1993

HSC
True, i get a bonus 2 because i got a b5 in ipt, will it change drastically or just a little bit

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
True, i get a bonus 2 because i got a b5 in ipt, what it change drastically or just a little bit
You'll be pushing it, but I reckon you should get an offer.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
I would advise you to try and maintain a distinction average to ensure that you can transfer in a year's time. Also pick units which can be directly credited to the requirements on Business Admin.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
True, i get a bonus 2 because i got a b5 in ipt, will it change drastically or just a little bit

We don't know - it will depend on supply and demand.

If there are 200 places in the course and 200 people, with an ATAR over 90, have that as their first preference then the cut-off will be over 90 but if it takes UAC down to ATAR's of 50 to fill the course then the cut-off will become 50 this year.

Nick1993

HSC
Oh ok well that atar has been roughly 70-75 the past couple of years so im quite confident also anyone know when the first second and third round offers are? Thanks alot for your help!

D94

HSC
N/A
First: 18 January
Second/Late: 1 February
Third/Final: 8 February

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)