First Place in Course (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Namu, for what reason does it continue until Sunday - is it because some people aren't available at their phones on the Friday/Saturday, or is it purely because they take so long to phone up the entire list of people? Btw good luck with 4U maths/getting a call, I have to say, your reputation preceeds you ;)
BOS should contact pretty much everyone on Friday. Otherwise, they keep continuing until everyone is contacted (somehow).

Well, I THINK they continue calling up people 'til Sunday. I mean, I was talking to someone who equal-topped 3 Unit Maths and I think she got her call on Sunday. Actually, it might have been other person who got her phone call on Sunday...(argh, don't rely on my memory plz but it was at least Saturday until they stop calling people)

And the reason why they keep calling people 'til Sunday (or Saturday) is probably because the BOS cannot contact everyone by then. Apparently, last year, they called up Sen Lin and told me him that he was outright first in 3 Unit maths. Then in the next day, they told him again that he was actually equal first with others. I think that's why some people got their phone calls on other day apart from Friday. So BOS can change their minds about how to allocate first in the state according to who deserves it or what not.

BTW, I got my phone call at about 11:08AM on Friday.

shady145

Banned
HSC
my school has never had a state rank, and they arnt getting one this year :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^Tell me tomorrow if you come first in anything, Michael. I seriously put some bet on you that you will at least get a state rank ;)

(Spoiler: I know that you are not supposed to announce it but telling a friend is totally OKAY) :D

jet

Banned
HSC
^Tell me tomorrow if you come first in anything, Michael. I seriously put some bet on you that you will at least get a state rank ;)

(Spoiler: I know that you are not supposed to announce it but telling a friend is totally OKAY) :D
Lol. "At least"... what's that meant to mean???

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^ last year the SMH list for the state rankings leaked on BOS ;)

I hope it does this year again...
Hahahahaha I remember that one! ;)

I was so busy sending the PDF file for SMH list for everyone who didn't download it when it was leaked LOL

Poor me, David and pwnage...T_T

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
BOS should contact pretty much everyone on Friday. Otherwise, they keep continuing until everyone is contacted (somehow).

Well, I THINK they continue calling up people 'til Sunday. I mean, I was talking to someone who equal-topped 3 Unit Maths and I think she got her call on Sunday. Actually, it might have been other person who got her phone call on Sunday...(argh, don't rely on my memory plz but it was at least Saturday until they stop calling people)

And the reason why they keep calling people 'til Sunday (or Saturday) is probably because the BOS cannot contact everyone by then. Apparently, last year, they called up Sen Lin and told me him that he was outright first in 3 Unit maths. Then in the next day, they told him again that he was actually equal first with others. I think that's why some people got their phone calls on other day apart from Friday. So BOS can change their minds about how to allocate first in the state according to who deserves it or what not.

BTW, I got my phone call at about 11:08AM on Friday.
namu, you remember the time to the minute?!

and yes, a friend of mine got his call on the saturday afternoon last year.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
namu, you remember the time to the minute?!

and yes, a friend of mine got his call on the saturday afternoon last year.
LOL yeah. I was kinda hoping for a call that day. So when the phone rang at that time, I looked at the time and grabbed the phone and someone was saying "May I speak to Namu Lyoo?"

wendybird

HSC
Namu, buddy - I'm sending you a PM, could you answer a question please?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
^
+1

Bahaha i just woke up. Not expecting a call at all but i'm still glaring at the mailbox :(

neednotes

HSC
I'm not trolling, just topping Dutch continuers when I am in fact Dutch isn't particularly difficult.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
I'm not trolling, just topping Dutch continuers when I am in fact Dutch isn't particularly difficult.
we'll see about that when the lists come up officially.
it's kindof sus considering that you're a newbie to the forum as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)