Finished Major Work? Started Reflection Statement? (1 Viewer)

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
mmm..just finished my first draft as well, and its pretty much a re-wording of my report (which i got 20/20, woooo just found out!) with a whole lotta reflection, intended audience, sucking up and links to my preliminary advanced course (the link is tenuous, but what are we supposed to say? 'I was sooooo influenced by Belonging. It was soooooo good and influential and stuff')

it only took me about 2 hours, which is kind of worrying. makes me think its not right.

diametric

HSC
I'm starting today!
yay!

Gonna comb through the Showcase, to see how the pro's do it. And then set out a layout, and get cracking! First draft due on Monday, ackk. At least most of my trials are over, with only Extension 1 English on Monday.

Anyone else still editing away on the major work itself? =[

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
I doubt that I'll stop editing until at least the afternoon of the 27th. I can't help myself but edit the shit out of things. Every time I read it I find a 'mistake' (which is usually nothing, just me going 'mm, but ____ would sound better than ____')

Anyone else planning on getting theirs bound at good ol Office Works?

HSC
I'm starting today!
yay!

Gonna comb through the Showcase, to see how the pro's do it. And then set out a layout, and get cracking! First draft due on Monday, ackk. At least most of my trials are over, with only Extension 1 English on Monday.

Anyone else still editing away on the major work itself? =[
hey if it makes you feel any better, im still about 500 words out before reaching the lower word limit, yet to start the reflection statement.

Oddly enough it is sorta like the report and the viva voce to some degree.

BTW how's everyone going internal assesment mark wise?

I have ten days after chemistry trial on tuesday ( of which i plan to be 'sick') to absolutely hammer what's left.

here's to hoping it all works out...

HSC
I doubt that I'll stop editing until at least the afternoon of the 27th. I can't help myself but edit the shit out of things. Every time I read it I find a 'mistake' (which is usually nothing, just me going 'mm, but ____ would sound better than ____')

Anyone else planning on getting theirs bound at good ol Office Works?

lol....where else would you find six cent printing...

thebrightside

HSC
Don't even want to think about that stupid Reflection Statement. It'll just seem like a drag after finally finishing the story...

elly-chan

HSC
PS- am finding reflection statement veeerrrrry similar to report. is anybody else?
Yes. I am writing my Reflection Statement now and I have rephrased paragraphs and sentences within my report and transferred them to the reflection statement.

Is everybody else on this thread doing short story?

I'm doing a critical response :)

beve

Jesus
HSC
Yes. I am writing my Reflection Statement now and I have rephrased paragraphs and sentences within my report and transferred them to the reflection statement.

Short Story here.

Respect for you - I could never bring myself to do any more analysis work...

diametric

HSC
Office works? No.
I'll just print it out at school, and get it bound there as well.

FOR FREE.

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
Any filmmakers? No? Blood story writers. :) No hate. Anyway, yeah i'm still tweaking away at my film and simultaneously drafting the Reflection statement. It's going easier then I anticipated, due to teh fact my report is the skeleton for my reflection statement.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
I'm simultaneously making the last finishing touches to my story, plus writing my reflection statement (majorly based on report), plus trying desperately not to fail all my trial exams at the same time.

Am I the only one without a mentor? I still don't really even understand what they are, my teacher never even really mentioned it. :/

And what do the internal marks actually count for? I know it's "50%" of your overall mark, but is this mainly taken from your internal ranking, or what? I keep getting conflicting opinions from different people about how much it counts. My teacher seemed to think that the assesment marks were taken over directly and counted straight towards the mark - but of course this wouldn't take into account differences in different teachers' marking, etc. So do they moderate your mark and take that directly? Or do they do the thing where they give you half of the mark of whoever came the place in the external assessment, as you came in the internal? AAH! All this drives me insane.

Last edited:

diametric

HSC
Uhm, I believe the way internal marks work are this:

They are used for rank, AND, the difference between marks.
Once all the external marks have come back, ie, what you got on your MW + RS, they'll allocate the highest mark from these marks as the assessment mark of the person ranked 1st. And then the difference between internal marks will determine your assessment.

In my case, I'm the only person doing EE2 at my school. Thus my external mark = my internal mark. Perhaps good. Potentially very bad.

HSC

Once all the external marks have come back, ie, what you got on your MW + RS, they'll allocate the highest mark from these marks as the assessment mark of the person ranked 1st. And then the difference between internal marks will determine your assessment.

In my case, I'm the only person doing EE2 at my school. Thus my external mark = my internal mark. Perhaps good. Potentially very bad.
'tis spot on

helping out fellow EE2 people in your class can only benefit you.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC

Poetry. It has its perks (less to write, mainly)

Critical response, jeez! YOu gotta really love analysis to do one of those, especially after Advanced and Extension!

Diametric, I tried really, really hard to understand that, and still failed. Guess that's why I'm taking Ext 2. The logical part of my brain is shriveled and neglected :S

Is anybody else worried about how the markers might 'recieve' your work. Like, I think there are two very different ways to look at mine, and I'm hoping they look at it in a more positive light rather than negative...!

Last edited:

diametric

HSC
More indepth analysis for you, Alex!

Say Max came first in the overall assessment in your school.
But, then, Max didn't come first in the external assessment, but instead, Lisa did. She got 50/50 for the external.

Max's assessment mark will become 50/50.

Last's assessment mark is calculated in the same way; regardless of exam mark, last will have the LOWEST assessment mark of the cohort.

So, first and last are set in stone.

Now, the average of the external marks are calculated.

And using first, and last as the two outliers, the assessment marks are laid out. The marks from here on in are calculated, due to the DIFFERENCE between marks. If there is a wide gap between first and second in the school assessment, there will generally be a wide gap in your final assessment mark as well.

And the AVERAGE for the ASSESSMENT MARKS must remain the same as the AVERAGE for the EXTERNAL MARKS.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC

+1

i'm also in the same boat as you, its both a blessing and a curse

Is anybody else worried about how the markers might 'recieve' your work. Like, I think there are two very different ways to look at mine, and I'm hoping they look at it in a more positive light rather than negative...!
oh yeah, people that have listened to mine are very divided, so added that type of motive into my reflection :D but, still very worried.

Last edited:

extasie

HSC
Finished my major (well, fifth draft anyway, i'm just going to let it be) and im starting my reflection statement now.

Well, you can always buy the showcase from the board of studies website, but its a rip off.

I just dont know what to include! There's so much stuff to put in...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)