Finished Major Work? Started Reflection Statement? (1 Viewer)

diametric

HSC
mumble mumble.
i still have 1500 words to write for my major work, that is, the end of it. i know how its supposed to pan out. ive written the end several times before. im still changing/editing some other stuff throughout. hoping to have a final draft ready next week.

reflection statement. LOL. havent started yet. hoping 2 weeks to do this amidst trials is enough to get full marks.

kill my life.
hows everyone else going?

Dabutla

HSC
yeaaaa pretty much done my major work (ss) just given 5 copies of 3rd draft out 2 ppl to see what they think gunna get feedback and make minor changes accordingly.

done a really crappy 1900 word reflection, 1500 words isnt enough! and now im trying 2 make it sound smart.

whats ur mw subject/plot/theme?

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
guys, focus on your exams during your trials. dont try working on your MW when you can spend the time studying. EX2 is only worth 1 unit, your trials will be for at least another 9/10 possibly more units. dont let the MW distract you from trials.

diametric

HSC
major work explores predestination and redemption in a narrative that has the devil as the main character, through a 'literary passage of time', ie, modernism + romanticism.

imsopostmodern:
im trying to balance em all together, treating august 28 as the date of my ext 2 'trial' blegh

ive trials next week which im totally unprepared for. yay.

maree288

HSC
working on third draft, given about 15 copies to people, tried "reflecting" and it took me the whole 1500 words to explin why i went from speeches, to a SS, through the varying structures of a SS, to a script, back to a SS, to a script again. extension will be my death. its due on my 17th birthday and that NIGHT is drama showcase.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
working on third draft, given about 15 copies to people, tried "reflecting" and it took me the whole 1500 words to explin why i went from speeches, to a SS, through the varying structures of a SS, to a script, back to a SS, to a script again. extension will be my death. its due on my 17th birthday and that NIGHT is drama showcase.
Yeah i know, i wrote 1900 words just on the changing of mediums, i hate how fucking short the reflection statement is.

bineal

HSC
i wrote 900 words for my reflection but my teacher vito-ed it =_= need to start over. gosh my concept sounds so simplistic next to everyone else's..

diametric

HSC
Quick tip: Don't talk too much about why you changed from this to this to this to this. Explain why you chose what you have now.

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
major work explores predestination and redemption in a narrative that has the devil as the main character, through a 'literary passage of time', ie, modernism + romanticism.

imsopostmodern:
im trying to balance em all together, treating august 28 as the date of my ext 2 'trial' blegh

ive trials next week which im totally unprepared for. yay.
i wouldn't even bother doing it like that. trials are TRIALS. dont even look at your ee2 over that time, which is actually good because you get space from it and can work more effectivley on it when seeing it 'fresh' anyway.

unless you trials finish before the 28th and you're only going work on ee2 once they're done.

accio.brain

HSC
August 28 is smack bang in the middle of my trials, which i am still completely unprepared for. So does not help with my attempt to balance things...

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
marcquelle, out of curiosity, how have you structured yours?

I have plenty to write, I just don't know...how to put it all together. I asked my teacher and he shrugged (its the way he rolls).

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
yeah, i can't seem to find a showcase ANYWHERE. none of my local libraries stock one, and neither does my school library. i think ill comb through the major works 2008 forum and have a squiz at all those.

im really looking forward to reading/listening/seeing everyones MWs, aren't you?

ps- get your performance poetry on myspace or something!

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
PS- am finding reflection statement veeerrrrry similar to report. is anybody else?

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
:eek: I thought the reflection statement WAS the report?:jaw:

*runs into a wall*

Never fear! A girl in my class did the EXACT same thing as you, and only realised the night before our report was due that she wasn't writing her reflection statement.

You'll be right. The two are weirdly similar. Reflection statement is just more...reflective.

MzBiiBii

HSC
Never fear! A girl in my class did the EXACT same thing as you, and only realised the night before our report was due that she wasn't writing her reflection statement.

You'll be right. The two are weirdly similar. Reflection statement is just more...reflective.

The thing is, my english teacher just moved in from Adelaide, meaning she's never heard of 4unit or 3unit ...meaning WE'RE the ones teaching her...

but she said they were the same thing :( I better go and tell her they're not...

laceytutu

HSC
I just finished the first draft of my reflection statement about five minutes ago and I must say, I'm dead tired. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)