Final Fantasy X (1 Viewer)

Cai Zhi Long

HSC
I would have to say that this is by far one of the most superior games that I have played.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
So very true. I think Final Fantasy IX is better in terms of its pre-rendered backgrounds and its setting. But Final Fantasy X is definately up there. Its one hell of a game.

Retrovertigo

HSC
N/A
Shadow Hearts Covenant is much better, and basically plays the same. Get that.

KyleandError

HSC
FF XII is better than X.
But VI and VII are texhnically the best.
My personal favourite is IX though, just for its characters and art style.

I did like the world of Spira though in 10, very very beautiful.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
KyleandError said:
FF XII is better than X.
True. I think XII is the best in the series, but they've all been absolutely stellar.

notoneto

HSC
FF7 was the best storyline but FFX is my favourite...the clips and some backdrops (clam lands and zanakand) are really amazing

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Really? I found Sephiroth to be almost as weak a villain as Ultemicia ... see, I can see why he's so popular in that he snapped completely after finding out about JENOVA, but all he really did was laugh while he burnt a town to the ground. The villains of IX, X and XII have all been much better ...

notoneto

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Really? I found Sephiroth to be almost as weak a villain as Ultemicia ... see, I can see why he's so popular in that he snapped completely after finding out about JENOVA, but all he really did was laugh while he burnt a town to the ground. The villains of IX, X and XII have all been much better ...
Sephiroth was harder tham ultemicia! I beat ultimetica on my first go!

I (personally) didn't enjoy FF9. They added that werid final boss whom was the easiest boss i've ever face in any game!

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I don't "weak" mean in terms of physical of physical strength, but "weak" in terms of their character and what they accomplish. Like I said, Sephiroth just laughed madly while the town burned around him. Ultemicia didn't do much except get talked about a lot behind her back (and we have no idea who she actually is), Kuja annihilated an entire planet, Yu Yevon held Spira in his thrall for over a thousand years and I have no idea who the true villain of Final Fantasy XII is because I haven't gotten there yet.

I loved FFIX - actually, I've loved all of them - largely because it was my first RPG. While Necorn was a bit random and certainly no threat, defeating Ozma was incredibly difficult (especially when you don't get all the Friendlies first). Plus, the storyline was one of the most original I've ever seen.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Bull fucking shit. I beat sephiroth with one move, ultimecia was hard as fuck.

Sephiroth killed with one Knights of the Round table. Only fun thing was the mini-games.

Ultimecia took fucking like 4-5 Lion Hearts with the aid of auras. The limit break in ff8 was hell interesting. Dont like the SeeD thing and Summons, boring.

ff9 was my favourite though, just the lvoeable characters and simplicity of it. the boss could've been alot harder though, 3 yans were harder than the boss. Ozma was a BITCH AND A HALF. the chocobo is hell fun though. i just love the characters and gameplay, and i have NFI where Necron came from lol. Also it was almsot impossible to attain +8k dmg in a normal attack (ff7 u could get 4 x 9999 dmg hits with cloud, and ff10 is explained below). I love the realism and not hungry power theme of it all.

FF10 is just fail, too easy with damage break (my Auron did 99999 dmg each hit).

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
tommykins said:
FF10 is just fail, too easy with damage break (my Auron did 99999 dmg each hit).
That's why you take it (and Break HP Limit) off when you're fighting anything but the Dark Aeons or the Monster Arena ...

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
then that'd haev the same result just abit longer. lol.

but the dark magis sisters was a BITCHHH!

Sonata

HSC
^ yea ending was great T_T

ffXII has a crappy storyline from wat ive heard though everything else was magnificent.

i think ultemicia should be harder the sephy, even though i havent got up to her yet.
w-summon knights of the round WIN sephy

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Music in FF9 and FF7 was the best.

I remember in FF9 when they first arrive in Terra, and you'll just immerse yourself in the music when the words Terra just gracefully appears.

FF7 has the best story, its deep and it explores the physcology of all the characters very well. FF8 was a bit different, which i give credit for, but otherwise wasn't as good in comparison to the othres.

FF10 was the best in terms of emotive capacity. I remember when they've just met Yunalesca and a flashback reappears of Auron after Jecht and Lord Braska sacrificed themselves. Its the only game that has managed to move me.

This is what final fantasy is all about.

Sonata

HSC
^ FF8 also had a good music, who could ever forget the balamb garden music piece...

Any1 listened to the FF12 OST yet? it sounds different from the previous series it doesnt have that love of music in it

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Sonata said:
^ FF8 also had a good music, who could ever forget the balamb garden music piece...
Yeah, that piece is gorgeous. FFVII probably has my favourite soundtrack, but Chrono Trigger beats all the FFs

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I've always liked Nobuo Uematsu's scores (except for Lindblum Castle in FFIX). I can't remember his name, but I also liked the score of the guy who did FFXII a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)