• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

fee paying help!!!!?!?!? (1 Viewer)

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
opening balance=0
payment due by 15th march=0
total amount due=0

this is what my statement says, i know it is supposed to be like that since i applied for HECS. But what happens if u want to pay the $500 upfront and get 20% discount.

how do u pay this? by mail?

so do u just write a check for 500 and then send it to the uni by post.

can someone provide me with the steps i need to take.
i am sorta confused.

regards

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
ok, now i get the HOW i actually pay the fees.
But do u just pay the 500 like normal and itll automatically take into account the 20% discount?

Iruka

HSC
N/A
Well, for a start, you don't get a 20% discount if you pay $500.

You only get a 20% discount on the amount that you pay and only if it is more than $500.

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
opening balance=0
payment due by 15th march=0
total amount due=0

this is what my statement says, i know it is supposed to be like that since i applied for HECS. But what happens if u want to pay the $500 upfront and get 20% discount.

how do u pay this? by mail?

so do u just write a check for 500 and then send it to the uni by post.

can someone provide me with the steps i need to take.
i am sorta confused.

regards
you're all good.

free uni

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
ok, now i get the HOW i actually pay the fees.
But do u just pay the 500 like normal and itll automatically take into account the 20% discount?
hey - would you be able to tell me how? :)

i have exactly the same problems with my statement as you (says i dont have to pay anything) but i wanted to make a contribution...

if some people could clear this up it would be much appreciated!!

nabr08

HSC
I have a similar problem, I dont know how to pay my fees and all these processes are all very new to me still.

I'm connected to the Commonwealth and entitled to the HECS how do i know i have it? and how do i pay the fees with it?

saygoodbye

HSC
I have the same problem. So where do we go to pay the $500? and do we need to fill in this "eCAF" form? something about the commonwealth... (hecs) thing. or did we already do it during enrollment?

Dude, uni is so complicated. back in high school, you just go to the office to pay your fees. ==; where the hell is the office at unsw? X_X

lightning9t

HSC
All you do is choose your payment option, deposit your desired student contributions, this will be seen as credit in myUNSW, then will be used to pay your fees (+ the 20% discount).
E.g. I'm paying my fees at the post office. I print out my statement of $0 outstanding, deposit $3000. Will be seen as credit in your fees and statement component of myUNSW. Then will be used as your student contribution.

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
All you do is choose your payment option, deposit your desired student contributions, this will be seen as credit in myUNSW, then will be used to pay your fees (+ the 20% discount).
E.g. I'm paying my fees at the post office. I print out my statement of $0 outstanding, deposit $3000. Will be seen as credit in your fees and statement component of myUNSW. Then will be used as your student contribution.
so basically, you just pay like normal.
post the 500 to UNSW and it is done right?

simon2004

Hi Arowana21,

Payment can't be done by posting a cheque to the University.

It can however be done by any of the following options (full info at https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/fees/netpay/NetPayMainPage.html
-Bpay
-Australia Post
-ANZ e-gate

If you have any questions about starting at uni, student volunteers can help you at http://forums.oweek.info now or at Oweek next week.

If you have specific fees questions, the office to contact is Student Central at:
In person: UNSW Student Central, Map reference C22, Ground Floor, Chancellery Building (beside the Library Lawn), Kensington campus
Phone: (02) 9385 3119 or (02) 9385 3157
Email: Student Financials Team (csandfees@unsw.edu.au)

Hope that helps!

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
first of all my fee statement says i pay $0 since i am with HECS, i understand this part.
but if i want to pay the 500 upfront in order to get the 20% thingy, i just have to pay as normal right????
i dont need to do anything special???
so i just pay 500 as per normal, and then the discount will be automatically included right????

regards

sunny

meh.
HSC
Arowana21 said:
first of all my fee statement says i pay $0 since i am with HECS, i understand this part.
but if i want to pay the 500 upfront in order to get the 20% thingy, i just have to pay as normal right????
i dont need to do anything special???
so i just pay 500 as per normal, and then the discount will be automatically included right????

regards

simon2004

Don't stress! You have time before the due date to pay.

The best place to get a guaranteed correct answer is to just call the people at UNSW Student Central - they really will be able to help you best for this question.

Call in office hours 9385 3119.

Arowana21

HSC
N/A
one more question i will ask u guys b4 i make the call.
I think i sorta get it now....
So the statement will always say the we owe $0, cos of HECS. and so if we make a contribution of 500, then that will show up as a credit and then u will get the 20% added value of what u contributed right.?
From the above scenario, IF that contribution was made b4 S1 started ( b4 the first census date). WHAT IF, FOR S2 u then make another contribution of 500. Does this mean ur fee statment will total to 1000 in credit, and so then u get 20% added value to your $1000?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)