Favourite and Least Favourite Prelim Subjects (1 Viewer)

mrbananaman

HSC
N/A
In rank from 1 being favourite

1. modern history and eng adv
2. sor II and eng ext 1
3. anc hist + business studies (both thought i'd love :( ...)

4. LEAST FAVOURITE BY FAR.. MATHS 2 UNIT. :chainsaw:

MiseryParade

HSC
Favourite: MX1, EX1, Advanced English, Physics
Least favourite: ..I actually like all my subjects D: my worst performing one would probably be ancient history, followed by chemistry though. :(

ultimatecricker

HSC
Favourite : Biology, Physics and Maths - great teachers and love the content!!!!
Don't Like : English (cause of content and teacher), Chemistry (like the content, but the teacher has "unique" teaching styles)

HSC
Favourite: Chem

Least Favourite: English Ext (probably cos I'm really bad at it)

c-clumsy

HSC
I find that the better your teacher is, the more likely you'll like a subject more. Everyone agrees?
Definitely agree. I'm in the situation where if it weren't for the teacher, I would've drop kicked ext. maths. Henceforth I have a love/hate relationship with ext. maths.

That said, favorite subjects: Modern and Extension English. Classes are smaller, more work done, more teacher/student time

Least favorite: Business studies. Why? It was one of those subjects that are 'fillers' - I had a choice of either Visual Arts or Hospitality on that line. Nothing wrong with those subjects but they're not my thing.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Definitely agree. I'm in the situation where if it weren't for the teacher, I would've drop kicked ext. maths. Henceforth I have a love/hate relationship with ext. maths.

That said, favorite subjects: Modern and Extension English. Classes are smaller, more work done, more teacher/student time

Least favorite: Business studies. Why? It was one of those subjects that are 'fillers' - I had a choice of either Visual Arts or Hospitality on that line. Nothing wrong with those subjects but they're not my thing.
Business Studies is also kinda dry and plain if you're not interested in it from the beginning.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Favourite Geography
Least biology

(of course this all changed in the hsc year... I dropped geography and I now love bio)

HSC
Uni Grad
Favourite: Modern History and Agriculture (interesting content, though teachers are too laid back)

Least favourite: Advanced Eng. (though we might be starting poetry ^_^)

Maths would have been my favourite subject by far if only they offered accelerated classes :/

Eg155

HSC
3U Maths > Ext. 1 English >>> Chemistry = Economics >>> English Advanced >>>>> Physics for me.

I thought physics would be really maths oriented. I was wrong.
huhh??? have u done the topic 'moving about' yet??? that's all maths -__-

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Maths - Favourite
Physics
English
Chemistry/Economics - Least Favourite.

Eg155

HSC
Least favourite: English Adv + English Ext 1
Favourite: Chem followed by Bio ... and maths 2unit can be included in the mix I guess

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC
3 Math cuz my teacher is the biggest troll but he's leaving so class probs wont be as fun as it was haha :L

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
huhh??? have u done the topic 'moving about' yet??? that's all maths -__-
The hard bit of Moving About is not the mathematics involved but rather how to use the formulas and comprehending the question.

The mathematics in Physics isn't even that 'bad'. (Even for people doing 2U Mathematics, it should be easy)

Eg155

HSC
The hard bit of Moving About is not the mathematics involved but rather how to use the formulas and comprehending the question.

The mathematics in Physics isn't even that 'bad'. (Even for people doing 2U Mathematics, it should be easy)
Yea, agreed :) I think it was the part about understanding how to manipulate the formula in the question that made me drop it... with that being said- they started off with the hardest prelim physics topic? :S

Autonomatic

HSC
N/A
Favourite: Chemistry/Physics - Stuff that actually is interesting and intriguing to learn. Really the only subjects in which I want to learn more.
Dislike: English Standard - There's this ever so present "stigma" that I am in the bottom of the grade. I also dread English in general
Visual Design - Tossed between this and SOR at beginning of year; and now we're making Easter Bunny hats (O.O) - not much theory and so exams are condensed.

bleakarcher

HSC
Yea, agreed :) I think it was the part about understanding how to manipulate the formula in the question that made me drop it... with that being said- they started off with the hardest prelim physics topic? :S
It's a matter of opinion which one is the hardest topic lol. I honestly loved the topic because it didn't involve much memorisation at all. Electricity looks a lot different. It's gonna be a tonne more theory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)