Farewell Eng Ext 2 2006 (1 Viewer)

renton

HSC
it will be interesting to see how much everyone loves EE2 after the marks come out, but i agree, it was the shit. good times.

shimmy&shine

HSC
yes definetly.

I'm actually nervous about my marks. I don't want high expectations, but they are slowly seeping through!

I know that when we get the sheet with all our marks, my eyes are going to automatically zoom to my ee2 marks. I want to see a 5 and then an 0. Otherwise *tear!!!* lol. nah, I just want an A range.

about publishing, let;s just focus on the showcase for now. They actually sell it in proper bookshops. exciting!

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Somebody has to get a five *blank* every year. That's just the way it works. That said, the markers will be looking to give you as many marks as possible. Hopefully the five *blank*s will be kept to a bare minimum this year.

shimmy&shine

HSC
uh, why would you say that. "keep it to a minimum"? I think I know what you mean but if a major work deserves a 50 it should get a 50.

Sleiphnir

HSC
N/A
Uh I think 666_blessing meant that they'd want to keep the number of people getting 5 as opposed to 50 to the bare minimum.

shimmy&shine

HSC
lol, I get it. I can't believe i didn't get that, lol.

Anyway yeah, hopefully they do keep it to a bare minimum.

My englihs teacher used to do ee2. she had a student and he did a short story. And supposedly it was really really good. One of those 'A-range-for-sure' major works, where everyone prasies the guy and loves his story to bits. Even my teacher thought it was excellent.

He got a 38. He was cut, devastated, and even sent letter to board of studies about his mark. Nothing happened.

Anyway, this is why I'm freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would die on the spot if i saw a 1 or a 2 or a 3 in as the first number the mark i got.

Sleiphnir

HSC
N/A
Yeah you seem very determined to get that 50.
A good mark is virtually impossible for me - I changed my concept 4/5 times and ended up deciding on a completely different one four days before it was due so I ended up writing the entire thing + journal (I just wrote journey lol) and reflection statement in those 4 days - it was so crazy. I reckon I'll be lucky enough to get a half decent mark for it. Oh well.

I should be studying woops

shimmy&shine

HSC
Sleiphnir said:
Yeah you seem very determined to get that 50.
A good mark is virtually impossible for me - I changed my concept 4/5 times and ended up deciding on a completely different one four days before it was due so I ended up writing the entire thing + journal (I just wrote journey lol) and reflection statement in those 4 days - it was so crazy. I reckon I'll be lucky enough to get a half decent mark for it. Oh well.

I should be studying woops
uh, wow. And I thought I was late, with getting my concept late march. 4 days!!??? Thank god you didn't do poetry. I was struggling to complete my final poem in the last 4 days.
WOW! you are very lucky to hand something decent in. For some reason, I believe you will get a good mark. You'll get in the 40s maybe. I know somebody who wrote his short story 2 days before. i mean EVERYTHING 2 days before. I actually find it hard to believe but I'm sure it occurs all the time.
oops, i should be studying to.

shimmy&shine

HSC
LottoX said:
I'd be happy with anything over 45. =)))

I think most people would.
OMG!!!! are you EVER EVER EVER not on Bos? lol, your a BoS addict. A huge one at that. Do you get your highs by these forums. oh dear. Where is your social life? *shakes head* lol. but seriously, you are never offline.

Sleiphnir

HSC
N/A
It was the craziest four days - right after my trials. I stayed home for two days and just wrote. I was writing a satire and then I went back to it and decided I hated it so I changed it to Cuba (did my ext. hist. project on Cuba so I knew something at least). Poetry would have been a nightmare for me - I don't have a poetic bone in my body (except I can rhyme!) but I can appreciate how hard it must have been to do poetry especially in the last four days.
And yeah I understand that 2 days and 4 days might seem like an exaggeration but my poor poor teacher can verify it - I ended up on the phone at 1am to her and at her place - nearly gave her a heart attack when I changed my idea to Cuba. At the end of it the stress of being up for the trials + EE2 for the two weeks of hell to 3amish each night and sometimes not sleeping at all to get it all done (my journal was 4.75 kgs - sooo fat) really did have a bad effect on me - come the 23rd and I was absolutely dead (couldn't read, focus or hear properly). If anyone doing EE2 next year ever asked me for advice I'd say don't ever leave it to the last minute - stick with a concept and don't change it for stupid reasons.

HSC
N/A
shimmy&shine said:
lol, I get it. I can't believe i didn't get that, lol.

Anyway yeah, hopefully they do keep it to a bare minimum.

My englihs teacher used to do ee2. she had a student and he did a short story. And supposedly it was really really good. One of those 'A-range-for-sure' major works, where everyone prasies the guy and loves his story to bits. Even my teacher thought it was excellent.

He got a 38. He was cut, devastated, and even sent letter to board of studies about his mark. Nothing happened.

Anyway, this is why I'm freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would die on the spot if i saw a 1 or a 2 or a 3 in as the first number the mark i got.
On a more subdued level, that's what happened to me >.< I was aware of the fact that the marker might not feel the same as my EE2 teacher and various classmates whose opinion I valued, but I wasn't expecting anything under 40. But ah, life happens :)

shimmy&shine said:
I might offer mentoring for 2007 ee2 poets next year, depending on my marks.
Offer it anyway. Marks are all very nice and well, but do nothing to determine whether you're a good teacher/mentor or not. :)

Last edited:

shimmy&shine

HSC
Sleiphnir said:
It was the craziest four days - right after my trials. I stayed home for two days and just wrote. I was writing a satire and then I went back to it and decided I hated it so I changed it to Cuba (did my ext. hist. project on Cuba so I knew something at least). Poetry would have been a nightmare for me - I don't have a poetic bone in my body (except I can rhyme!) but I can appreciate how hard it must have been to do poetry especially in the last four days.
And yeah I understand that 2 days and 4 days might seem like an exaggeration but my poor poor teacher can verify it - I ended up on the phone at 1am to her and at her place - nearly gave her a heart attack when I changed my idea to Cuba. At the end of it the stress of being up for the trials + EE2 for the two weeks of hell to 3amish each night and sometimes not sleeping at all to get it all done (my journal was 4.75 kgs - sooo fat) really did have a bad effect on me - come the 23rd and I was absolutely dead (couldn't read, focus or hear properly). If anyone doing EE2 next year ever asked me for advice I'd say don't ever leave it to the last minute - stick with a concept and don't change it for stupid reasons.
Your account sounds like a replica of my Personal Interst Project major work for Society and culture. Everything was last minute. Yep, I nearly died. You should read my posts and read the times when I posted my comments on 'I'm dying' in the PIP Society and CUlture forums. I look back, and it is sooooooo funny!!!

Btw, the guy I was talking about that wrote his story 2 days before..... he got a 49/50. Keep your fingers crossed sleiphner (could you please explane the meaning o your name, lol).

Can I also ask why you left it till the last minute. procrastination?

LootooX, what happened to your queer 'Mine is prettier than yours" signature. that was really cute.

Sleiphnir

HSC
N/A
Yeah I had two other major works too - software + EH and both of them I literally left to the night before. You would've thought I'd have learned by the time EE2 came around.
What happened was I had my first idea and stuck to it until the proposal came up in Feb. Then I realised how crap and cliché it was after this horrible EE2 workshop so I nearly dropped the subject (thank god I never found the deputy). Then I changed to a critical response, but didn't really like that, so I dropped that idea after a week and sat around aimlessly for a few months trying to find an idea. I used my initial concept for my assessments and one other really crap one for a filler, and then 3 months before it was due I came up with another idea. I did a lot of research on it but never really panned out. It ended up being cliché and trite. It just wasn't working. So then I had my trials for two weeks and a half weeks and I wanted to do really well in my trial so I didn't touch it and just studied. I ended up coming first and second in all of my trials and basically exhausted myself, but then had to do EE2 (trials finished on the 18th or 19th). I tried to write it based on my satire concept but as I said, it wasn't working. I knew a lot about 1960's Cuba so I sort of did a dramatic switch to a story set in Cuba. That's how a stupid student does their EE2 major work. It was absolutely terrible.
Ahaha @ your PIP - that is what it was like! I would email my friend who did EE2 and freak out at her and my teacher about how screwed I was! It really is funny when you look back and see how silly you were to leave it to the last minute and nearly kill yourself trying to do a major work.

Oh my god - 49/50 is absolutely wonderful - I do know that mine is not up to that standard - to me it seems like a "hello I'm 18 years old and here is my story" kind of MW - dooodgy.

Okay as for the name - Sleipnir (no h) is from Norse mythology. You know Odin? Well Sleipnir was his black stallion that could do all this cool stuff. Sleipnir originally came from a story about Loki + the walls of Asgard.
This is my paraphrased version of the story; so after a war, the walls protecting the god's world of Asgard were damaged and they needed someone to fix it. Loki advocated to the god's they use a guy who said he could fix it in a month. His price was the daughter of one of the gods if he completed the wall in the time period. They agreed and he set to work because they thought it would be impossible. He set to work and was allowed to use his stallion to help him carry the stone. The month was nearly up and the man had nearly finished because his horse could carry immensely heavy loads so the gods, angry at Loki and not wanting to lose the daughter, told him to stop him from completing the wall in the month. So Loki shapeshifted into a mare and lured the horse away. Months later Loki came back (the guy didn't finish the wall) leading a black foal. Odin took the foal and named it Sleipnir and of course it was incredibly fast and could go over water etc.
I've used Sleiphnir (added in h) as my online name for 8 or so years so it stuck. I now have a tonne of nicknames based off it like Sleiphy, Slei, Sleepy etc

Omg I just checked and this post is so long! So sorry!!

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
LottoX said:
Hmm... I might also offer mentoring on poetry, but hey, my marks may be damn shoddy.
Hell, my marks were shoddiness incarnate but I'm still offering advice. It's all about the experience and not so much the mark anyway (think 'learn from my mistakes' if you're makr happens to be a shocker). Besides, what do those EE2 markers know about poetry anyway? =P

Sleiphnir

HSC
N/A
LottoX said:
Still, it's half an essay. My average words per post has got to be less than twenty. Maybe less that ten.
I tend to get a bit overzealous with word counts. My first essay I handed my adv. English teacher in year 11 was 5,000 words and my emails to my friends are typically about 1,600 words. Arthritis here I come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)