Farewell Eng Ext 2 2006 (1 Viewer)

shimmy&shine

HSC
Here's a 'farewell' thread for all the 2006 poets!

It's been a quite a journey but we've made it!

any last words? Share your poetic experiences..

I believe this has been the best HSC course ever, and I will never regret it!

I'll post my major work up soon as well when I'm ready. Lottox, I read your Major work 'The Pure', excellent, I loved your concepts and your poems. Well Done!

Who knew this day would arrive so quickly?!

Last edited:

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
Lottox, thank you so much for refraining from using the 'j' word. Looks like it's farewell to EE2 '06 and hello to EE2 '07 soon. And since you guys have been through all the agony and joy and tears, it's your turn to help out the newbies. Hope your majors score as well as they deserve to and, more importantly, hope they stay away from those pomo gangbanger majors.

shimmy&shine

HSC
*tears*
i really miss ee2 poetry. I miss it really.
Like, not doing it anymore. I can still write poetry, but the whole process is different. I just feel really 'poetically' empty. hhmmm. I miss it a lot. It's has been such a fantastic experience.

I really recommend poetry to all the new eng ext 2ers. It's an amazing course.

who shares these feelings? I honestly did not see the ee2 course as 'easy marks' ( as some people see it), at first it wasn't too important, but now I've realised how much my major work means to me...

Katie :)

HSC
I think everyone in ex1 should give ex2 a go. I think we need to demystify the subject, because, on hearing that I do (did??- it's over now) 4 unit english, many people regard(ed) me with awe or indifference. The fact is that with enough work and wide reading, many people who may not think of themselves as "writers" are able to do really well. Two of my friends who fall into this category have produced work that is both engaging and thought provoking.

Quite apart from any "literary value" that can be/ may be attatched to what we have written, the experience is one that has enritched our understanding of what we can achieve, and for this reason, has been worth all the effort.

well done everyone!

Last edited:

Katie :)

HSC
shimmy&shine said:
*tears*
i really miss ee2 poetry. I miss it really.
Like, not doing it anymore. I can still write poetry, but the whole process is different. I just feel really 'poetically' empty. hhmmm. I miss it a lot. It's has been such a fantastic experience.

I really recommend poetry to all the new eng ext 2ers. It's an amazing course.

who shares these feelings? I honestly did not see the ee2 course as 'easy marks' ( as some people see it), at first it wasn't too important, but now I've realised how much my major work means to me...

yep I feel the exact same way shimmy&shine... i haven't written in months (creative writing that is - plentitudes of essays)

maybe you should consider publishing after the hsc is over?

shamera

HSC
I wasnt really happy with my poetry
but its gone and sent in and that is such a relief! Its a great course in another way too because now I only have 11 units to concentrate on.

shimmy&shine

HSC
Katie :) said:
maybe you should consider publishing after the hsc is over?
hhhmmm... being published.

It's an option, but if I take that step, I want to be able to focus on it. So maybe when the hsc is over. But yes. I think publishing poetry would be wonderful. But first thing: the Young Writers Showcase 2007, would be an honour. See if that dream becomes true first.

..... then 'The New Yorker', here I come!!! lol. Oh I wish. But no harm in dreaming hey?

shamera

HSC
On the subject of publishing - do you think its ok to publish our poems on the web, say in this forum or another?
Would you get pulled up for plagerism? :S
I really want to enter a few of them in a competition that will end up with them being published on the web...

shimmy&shine

HSC
Be cautious when publishing on the web, unless it is a reputable and respected publishing website, that is at least, known in the industry.

Read thhis post~
http://community.boredofstudies.org/296/poetry/118169/so-very-careful.html

Yep, there are some dickheads out there. And a lot of them, who are willing to suck up to amateur and talentless 'poet' types.
I'm sure there are scam-free poetry forums, etc out there, but stay away from
poetry.com.

Another reason is of course plagiarism. Publishing it on the web - it's just so easy for someone to steal.

Anyway, use your common sense, and protect your work. I'm sure that it is fantastic!

shamera

HSC
Thanks for your replies... I just read your topic and I actually got invited to the poetry.com presentation thing a while ago! Thank god i didnt take it seriously. I guess they used my poem in one of their anthologies liek they said they would... im angry at myself for doing it now.

Well the website i want to put it on i know is reliable as I know the person who runs it personally. Im more worried about the markers thinking that I plagerised as im assuming the works havent been marked yet. do they put the works through some kind of filter to ensure they werent plagerised from the internet?

Do you really think a EE2 student would plagerise and hand in your work as their own? their log book certainly wouldnt be very reliable...

HSC
N/A
^ I'd like to think not, but realistically you have to realise it's very possible. There are definately some unscrupulous types out there...

dasphoebus

Pastamancer
HSC
I'm glad that the journal writing process is over. Also editing, it was one of the worst parts.

Is anybody here who did short stories going to expand theirs at a later date? If I get time, I'll consider turning mine into a novella.

renton

HSC
dasphoebus said:
I'm glad that the journal writing process is over. Also editing, it was one of the worst parts.

Is anybody here who did short stories going to expand theirs at a later date? If I get time, I'll consider turning mine into a novella.
I did short stories, but I don't think I'll have the motivation to expand on them or anything like that next year or whenever. I'm very happy with how it ended up so, i'm going to keep as is.

Just out of interest, are you considering editing it for publishing or just for your personal satisfaction?

emily_lestrange

HSC
I feel lost without my journal, but then again I used it as an excuse not to study, now I have nothing !! But I am relieved to have the poetry off my shoulders, I only hope my work gains half decent marks..

If you are planning on doing ext 1 in 2007, ext 2 is more fulfilling. I guess.

shimmy&shine

HSC
yep, it definetly is! I'm so glad I chose ee2, I really believe it was one of the best choices I made.

Has anyone experienced people going "oh! I read yours. You're so going to get 50/50".

As much as it is really sweet, I don't want to get my hopes up.

I still can't believe that ee2 is gone forever. It was so much a part of me for so long. blood sweat, tears, true dedication.

shimmy&shine

HSC
haha, I'm glad that you're so happy with them.

LottoX, you are the most sentimental, emotional, and in-touch-with-your-heart sounding boy. lol. Already talking about you're grandchildren!

But yeah, I might offer mentoring for 2007 ee2 poets next year, depending on my marks.

Lotto, you should actaully "publish it", like a properly bound copy. Just one single copy, that looks very pretty.

shimmy&shine

HSC
haha, ok. you're children. Very in touch with your emotions. But then again, your the genuine poet-type.

that's saying something! either the type to commit suicide or....

lol.

Anywayz, I can't wait to show my great-grand-children. really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)