Administrator
HSC
Man, we're so slow. Our class is about to finish Integration soon. We spent:
- 8 weeks on Complex Numbers
- 7 weeks on Conics
- 2 weeks on Graphs
- 3 weeks on Polynomials
- 5 weeks on Integration
We still have Volumes, Mechanics and Harder 3 Unit to go. Now, at this rate, we probably won't even start Mechanics by the trial period in weeks 3 and 4 of next term. That leaves us with Mechanics and Harder 3 Unit for around 6 weeks. Now, with Mechanics supposedly being the longest topic of the course, how the hell are we going cram it into 6 weeks as well as complete Harder 3 Unit?????!!!!!

Anyone else in the same situation?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
We still have harder 3 unit, integration, and polynomials, we've just finished mechanics and I must say it's not that long, you could probably do it in 3-4 weeks, resisted motion is not hard, circular motion will be the big part of this topic. Obviously we probably won't finish with still 3 topics left, so our teacher has decided to have some holiday classes for us to catch up. I recommend you talk to your teacher and ask him/her about doing holidays classes as well.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
You're not behind; though obviously you'll have to to work harder yourself to fit it all in.

P

pLuvia

We have Harder 3u, mechanics and volumes left, and we just finished integration

bottle01

HSC
Trebla said:
Man, we're so slow. Our class is about to finish Integration soon. We spent:
- 8 weeks on Complex Numbers
- 7 weeks on Conics
- 2 weeks on Graphs
- 3 weeks on Polynomials
- 5 weeks on Integration
We still have Volumes, Mechanics and Harder 3 Unit to go.

same!!!!
i asked my teacher yesterday, she said 4u would certainly have less time for revision... compare to 3u...yet...volumes are pretty much related to integration...

anyway...i just did my 4u trial today...

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Whoa....8 weeks on complex numbers, you serious? Ouch maybe your teacher is abit behind. Though...when you approach year 12, then onto uni, you shouldn't depend yourself too much upon the teacher and his/her notes. Stick to reading the textbook...if you read and slightly understand the topic before your teacher gets to that topic...it'll be a bonus!

Also, reading ahead buys you an insurance, just in case your teacher rushes at the very end near stuvac.

Lol, just to lighten up the pressure around here, people who plan on doing science-based degrees will be touching 4unit maths again in even the most 'general' math courses. So...if you put alittle more effort now, it can help you bludge the uni math lectures, or allow you to spend more time on other courses.

Last edited:

STx

Boom Bap
HSC
We have Mechanics, Graphs and Harder 3U to go and just finished Integration and Volumes and had an assessment on them.

shsshs

HSC
my school sydney boys still have

volumes, conics, mechanics, harder 3u

we are quite slow

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
You shouldn't worry so much - alot of schools are 'behind' with MX2. That said, there is very little new theory introduced in harder Ext 1 topics so thats really just about doing excercises. And once you take that into account you can see thats most of you only have one or two new topics to go over which isn't that much trouble.

H

housemouse

lol
My class is very close to finishing mechanics with resisted motion left.

sasquatch

HSC
We still have volume, mechanics and harder 3 unit to go aswell... but it doesnt seem like were gonna be starting volumes this term :| were still on integration..

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
I got to finish Mechanics and do harder 3u. We started Circulur motion today;
Though to note I cant remember any of polynomials, and I need some major practice on graphs.
We have 6hrs of lessons every 2 weeks

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
We've finished
Complex numbers (around 6 weeks)
Polynomials (around 4 weeks)
Graphs (1 week)
Volumes (1 lesson.. lol)
Integration (4 weeks)
Conics (4 weeks)
We've done some harder 3u (circle geometry) for a week

So I guess all that's left is harder 3u and mechanics.

The time we've spent on each are rough estimates.. but i'm sure about the volumes and graphs taking that little time.

Mumma

HSC
We have graphs, mechanics, and harder 3U left.
I think weve finished the 3U course...

replayee

HSC
jeez you guys are slow. we finished mechanix last week and only have harder three unit topics to go.

and considering we only have 90min every week we are doing pretty well

has everyone finished 2unit/3 unit

we finished about a month ago so i guess we go relatively fast!

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
What topics have you done?

Well i've done complex,graphs,conics,polynomials and integration(in that order). And in the holidays we are doing volumes for the tuesday,wed,thur of the first week. The the first 2 weeks of next term will be mechanics then 2 weeks of harder 3 unit then revision then trial. Im all set, how about you guys.

hsc=suicide

HSC
replayee said:
jeez you guys are slow. we finished mechanix last week and only have harder three unit topics to go.

and considering we only have 90min every week we are doing pretty well

has everyone finished 2unit/3 unit

we finished about a month ago so i guess we go relatively fast!
interesting, lol does comprehension come into completing the course?? and if so is it comprehensive?. we have 5 hours every 2 weeks and have half mechanics and we still have harder 3 unit. a large topic if ever there was one.

Wackedupwacko

HSC
same as lottoX seeing as he sits next to me in class -.-!!

but we are behind in 3u... just slightly (but ahead of our 3u classes for odd reasons)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
OK....there's 6 weeks remaining of term 3 and we're still on Volumes....should I be worried?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)