Falling asleep in lectures. (1 Viewer)

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
I can't keep awake in my maths 1131 lectures no matter what I do, so i sometimes skip them, if I have something more important to do.

Maths 1081 is worse, because it's actually difficult, yet our current lecturer puts me to sleep in 2 mins =/
MATH 1081, I wanted to do that next semester but it clashed with a subject of mine.
How is it? Content wise and hardness wise

HSC
Omium said:
MATH 1081, I wanted to do that next semester but it clashed with a subject of mine.
How is it? Content wise and hardness wise
I have never done anything harder in my entire life. Except perhaps hsc ext2 maths mechanics.
There are 5 hugeass chapters, and 4 class tests. It goes without saying, it's significantly harder than maths 1A/1B.

If I was to take every person who fails any given computing degree in the first year, I would safely bet that 9/10 failed because of Discrete Maths.

Last edited:

flowergrl

HSC
Rebekkie said:
don't exactly go to uni yet but i have the same issue with school so i in each class i sit next to someone who is guaranteed to notice and hit me if i fall asleep. works like a charm!
or that.

you're not the only one falling asleep! it's a universal problem hehe =P.

I tend to find ice coffee pretty good even in winter. it should solve the problem. (if that doesn't work- u have been caffeine desensitized)

Also, take notes. If you absolutely cannot concentrate on what the lecturer is saying, just write down what the lecture slides are saying in sentences (if they're in dot points) or dot points (if they're in sentences).

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Conspirocy said:
total opposite...its frustrating to watch their presentation of material if uve already read it
agree

although i know a few other people who like prepping also, just comes down to what one likes to do best. but personally i find it much more effective to be able to have flash backs of the lecture while i'm studying that topic and helps to pick stuff up much much faster.

piitb

HSC
i just attend lectures to find out whats we need to do. most of my attention is when they say "this is not important" or "dont worry about the part on .... you'll learn that next year"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)